Do drivers work in MP?

ProfMarcus

Question

Does hiring drivers work in multiplayer, if so how does it work? I'm not sure if I shoud buy trucks for drivers or im just going to waste money?

EDIT: Thanks for help, also I know this sounds chesty but does assigning cars to drivers work?

• True Story 1

6 answers to this question

Hello @ProfMarcus

In short the answer your looking for is yes.

However in detail, while playing my legit profile while on the TruckersMP server(s) I have found a few things you need to understand / a few steps you need to do in order for your employees to make money for your in-game company. The FIRST thing you need to do is make sure you have slept in-game already or used some sort of quick traveling ( to a garage, train, ferry etc ) this is because if you hire someone while you sleep or quick travel for the first time in-game ( which usually takes 10 - 15 mins depending on your PC ) they continue to work so when your PC and game comes back to normal you end up having like $600 Million. So it's important to sleep or use a sort of quick traveling before hiring anyone. If your are playing legit - the SECOND thing to do is take out a loan of 500,000 buy a garage and buy a few trucks. THIRD thing to do is hire a few employees now my trick what I found is if you set them to long distance in the drive menu they will make you more money in the long run. Lastly - unlike single player where your employees will continue to work in order to collect money from your workers the only way they "work" is after you sleep ingame or take a ferry train or etc. So you will get maybe 10,000 or 16,000 all at once from all of your drivers. If you continue to drive on the mainland without sleeping or teleporting I have noticed your employees don't really "work" until you rest or time passes in game.

To sum it up

1) Sleep or quick travel in game if you haven't already

2) Take the 500,000 loan from the bank and buy a garage or upgrade your HQ and buy some trucks

3) Hire employees ( my suggestion is set them to long distance ) 

4) Sleep, F7, take a train or ferry or etc every so often to collect money from your employees.

I hope this has helped

Riley

EDIT - @ProfMarcus Yes you may use cars for your employees to save some $ for AI employees they wouldn't know the difference if they were driving a car or a truck. TruckersMP just replaced the first stock truck of every dealer with the scout car. Just be sure if you go to drive one of the cars you DON'T pull ANY trailer with the car as that's against the rules.

Edited by K0rnholio

8 minutes ago, ProfMarcus said:

Does hiring drivers work in multiplayer, if so how does it work? I'm not sure if I shoud buy trucks for drivers or im just going to waste money?

Yes, the drivers works in MultiPlayer, but slowly. This because in MultiPlayer the time runs slowly than SinglePlayer.

• Confused 1

Hello and welcome to the TMP forums,

Yes they work the same way as it is in SP. You can't catch/see any of your drivers on the roads though be it in SP or MP, as it is a simulated company. You can only see their information (loads/trucks/income/if they are taking a rest/heading back to their garage after their job is done).

Also in reference to the drivers/trucks in your simulated company, it is recommended to reduce the amount especially when playing ETS2MP. Many have complained/asked for help when their game crashes/freezes (and the freeze can take up as long as 15-30minutes whenever they sleep/take a ferry/train/fast travel to garages. This is because MP requires time to sync your drivers+trucks information with the TMP client. So if you want a lot of income/drivers/trucks, you may want to create a duplicate/another separate profile just for that and leave the profile you use for MP clear of drivers+trucks for a more smoother experience.

Have a good one, and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)