double trailer

mr_ozzy23

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You posted the topic in ETS2 Discussion and yet refer to both games but provided an ATS screenshot?!?!?

How do I deal with that one :huh:

/moved to General Discussion

9 minutes ago, ComveG said:

I do not think it will be too much trouble.

sure for most players who can drive ok it will be fun but someone who cant drive with one trailer picks up a double trailer isnt a good idea.

if he crash or get stuck and he has to reverse . i had one time i had to wat 6 min until someone could reverse his trailer into his spot but is was funny to see him driving XD

6 minutes ago, Anriandor said:

You posted the topic in ETS2 Discussion and yet refer to both games but provided an ATS screenshot?!?!?

How do I deal with that one :huh:

/moved to General Discussion

i tried to drag a photo of ets trailers in it but it says i got ... kb and its bigger and thats the only one that i could show 

6 minutes ago, smokywarfame said:

It would be funny when someone with these 2 trailers enters a company (with a small entrance) and blocks the entire road ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :troll::troll:

this one? ;)

images (1).jpg

@mr_ozzy23 You can just copy the entire URL of the picture and it will be automatically embedded.

As we can see here, a beautiful example of a DAF with a double trailer :)

eut2_hq_5909bf19.jpg

Other than that, the MP will most likely have to implement those trailers as they would otherwise lose a very large player base when the game does not get updated anymore.

I think it will be fine in ATSMP, as the drivers usually give way to the heavy loads already.  As for ETS2MP, it's not like players misguess where the trailer is with just one, although I can see just blindly following the GPS leading players into trouble with such trailers, esp. if scs officially puts in full length double trailers

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

If all we get in the Doubles update for ATS is two Pup trailers (28 footers), then I think MP will be fine. They won't be much longer than the trailers in the Heavy Cargo Pack.

Now, if we get Turnpike Doubles (2x 40 footers or a 40 footer with a 53 footer), then there would be cause for concern. The attached pic is a set of 2 53 foot Reefer trailers. I could see having these as maybe being more problematic than just 2 28 foot Pup trailers.

vk85OI5.jpg

Edit: Here's a Wikipedia page showing all possible LCV (Doubles) variations. Two 28 footers are the least of our worries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Combination_Vehicle

thats a big problem in ETS 2 if you leave a non collision area and your trying to make your turn with 2 trailers .

your trailer is in the non collision area that there are players who drive into your trailer and you will be launched in the air and they like it.

that would be very hard with the double trailers

The thing is, the more there's traffic, the more mess it could cause.

I think that before rushing and implementing that kind of functionalities, they should find a way to avoid mess, e.g by restricting people to go on busy road/cities and/or maybe restricting it to a certain amount of hours played. Though you can have 1000 hours and still play as a noob, it will reduce the amount of trolls who can potentially use it as a weapon to block truckers. :)

signature.png

Archived