Additional Convoy Rules

W1 ALEKS

Suggestion Name: Inappropriate Convoy Management

Suggestion Description: Can't block traffic in any way.

Why should it be added?: Because convoys won't follow the basic rules of truckersmp community. They blocking roads and disturbing to overtake them safely. The main reason bad current speed / gap between trucks.

Hi admins and mptruckers community. I want to vote an additional convoy rules. Last evening I was at convoy where random player (not convoyer) has got 1 week ban only for trying to overtake the convoy. The reason I write it is: they didn't let him overtake. Convoys going with too small gap between trucks (around 20-60 meters) and won't pass others overtake them safely.

In in-game rules I read: #Inappropriate Convoy Management

Groups (And Individuals) which offer services such as piloting a convoy, or directing trucks during a convoy are not allowed to block, or slow down, traffic in any way, shape, or form. 

But to be honest people I played with won't hear anything about the gap between trucks when going in convoy. It was a reason I leaved 2 last virtual companies.

Also I guess there should be something like "must to register" any convoy bigger then 5 trucks to take a look at it by admins. And as I wrote above, from admins which know the rules of leading a convoy.

Please read it and join discussion how to prevent the insolent convoyers.

Duscussion on General discussion forum:

Logitech G920 + SKRS + traffic laws. Yes! I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator :)

Hello, 

I don't quite get this. It seems you want to report your own VTC member.. since (I'm guessing we're watching your own "dashcam" recording). You seem to have the same paintjob AND trailer as the person who rammed you.. that's why I inferred that it's a member of your own convoy who rammed you. Nonetheless, with that video.. the person in the cam has right of way tbh. The one who swerved left from the exit lane towards Saltzburg is the rammer/reckless driver here. But then again, if that was actually another convoy member he swerved into, it just proves to show the lack of communication between your convoy members.

This driving trend is happening all the time in-game btw which is saddening: people who always stay on the exit lane and realise last minute that they were supposed to be on the inner lane which continues straight simply because they are paying attention to the roads.. but they not paying attention to the road signs and signage boards that show them from a distance where they're headed/what they're headed for. So in terms of this video, I would say miscommunication between the specific convoy members of that particular VTC, it has nothing to do with TMP convoy rules.

Also, if you were the one with the "dashcam" recording and were banned incorrectly, use the proper appeal system because in this case, I'm sure any admins would admit that you had the right of way and the other person should be banned instead. Goodluck.

Also this is the suggestions thread, kindly follow:

If you're looking for a discussion instead, I would refer you to place your post here in future:

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/172-general-discussion/

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Guys, this video have nothing common with guy who got banned. Sorry for this mess from my side.

I don't know the ID or nickname of player who got banned. And situation where it happen  was land road with 1 pass by every side ( normal road).

A player starter overtaking our convoy and there appeared truck from opposite lane. That player had no place to cover back  (because noone let him to cover) and he made a collision. And admin from our convoy banned him for 1 week...

Logitech G920 + SKRS + traffic laws. Yes! I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator :)

• 4 weeks later...

There are already rules regarding the inappropriate overtaking and reckless driving. In terms of convoys, we cannot prohibit players to drive together if they want to do so. Also, whenever there is a convoy, additional rules are added to the topic which can be found here. That being said, it kind of is already implemented with all the rules and the additional topic.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.