Convoy Load Selection

Suggestion Name: Convoy Load Selection

Suggestion Description: A option to start up a convoy and invite players around you to join into the convoy. Where the leader of the convoy can then choose a destination for everyone that will find a load or different loads, that all go to the same location for everyone in the convoy.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: While people can still find loads to places along the convoy route to go to instead, most of the time, but not always. Something like this could make things easier and keep convoy events organized better.

• Upvote 8

This could be an interesting aspect to be added though I'm not sure how much of a workload it will take on the MP team. I'm guessing you're taking the idea of quests parties from MMORPGs and porting it over to the simulator. 

+1 to this but I would suggest to have such an idea be limited to about 3-5 within each city, whereby if there have been 3-5 convoy parties "hosted/started" already, no more can be "created" until 1 or more leaves that particular city. But just saying that alone, I'd imagine a lot of work/coding to be done.. so Idk.. goodluck for your suggestion though, I do like it.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 3 weeks later...

+1

Being from a VTC this feature would help during company convoys. Right now we need to sync our jobs through an external program and if you fast forward time in any way you need to resync. If there there was an option to sync loads with players in game and it stays that way regardless of time fast forwarding then that would be much better. This would also help streamers who might want to do a convoy with their fellow viewers. 

• Upvote 1

It's borderline what's possible with the actual games code because all player loads are randomly generated when time is set, so in order to allow specific players get loads all going to the same location while keeping the random loads spawn would require a lot of modification to the way loads are generated, it's one of those things that is difficult to setup without actively editing people's games.

Edited by MettleMeat

2 hours ago, revoluti0n said:

I'm sure there will be some form of function to force spawn a specific trailer. If not, then this game isn't programmed how I thought it was.

Oh there are ways, but it requires intensive file editing, the simple "same trailers for all" would be to get everyone to download a mod that only spawns x trailer, grab a load going to y destination in singleplayer, join mp and the trailer should save, but it's a lot of work.

people forget that not everyone is a part of a VTC or wants VTC specific things and with a game that isn't exactly design to run multiplayer, it's hard to code things to spawn identically for multiple players, I mean, there isn't anything like a "create your own jobs" in the game so really it's down to the luck of the draw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

-1 We have World OF Trucks which gives the ability for friends to get the same trailers we also have Virtual Speditor which gives us trailers of our choice. But +1 due to the fact it'll make it easier to distinguish convoy participants and also it gives a higher chance of getting the same trailer. So I am in the middle with this suggestion :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get your Idea it will make it faster and convenient for everyone to get in an convoy, but I'm sure they will not do it because it will need lot of time and as of now we have different tools to have same loads :) 

Add me on Steam             Follow Me on Twitter

J3uYEiE.png?1                     MLgPCGo.png?1

I am not in a VTC, but do drive with friends in both ATSMP and ETS2MP, when we are driving in mp we have no issues finding loads to the same city and it is usually the exact same trailer using WoT. I do understand that it would be nice to haul the exact same trailer in a convoy, but imo this feature really isn't needed, since we can use WoT for a similar feature.

• 5 weeks later...

Good evening all members of Staff! West-Trans Romania and his owner OkapiSound want to invite you to an international convoy Sunday 17.12.2017. We'll started at 18:30 GMT. We welcome you!!! Here is the link of invitation to our convoy:  

You can contact me and the owner of company here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198171773466/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198247640358

• 4 weeks later...