High Ping?

tomgregory118

Question

5 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, tomgregory118 said:

hi all,

I just got kicked off ets2 mp, the reason, something to do with "pinging". Can someone explain that to me as I don't understand.

Thanks

If your ping is too high (exceeds 600ms) you will automatically be kicked from the server. 

The TruckersMP rules state:

"If your ping is over 600ms to the server you will be disconnected from the server in order to avoid desync issues for others. This ping check is taken as an average."

Do not worry, you have not done anything wrong; this is more of a safety protocol to prevent you lagging and causing accidents to other users. 

Your ping depends on various factors, however it is primarily dependent upon your internet connection speed. 

To check your internet connection speed, visit this website: www.speedtest.net 

Only class getting kicked due to ping as a "problem" if you experience it on an occasional basis. If it is a one off scenario, then ignore it - You will be fine. 

Another thing that you can do to reduce your ping is to connect your pc to the net using an ethernet cable and not WIFI because wifi sometimes its been affected by other devices such as mobile phones, tablets etc. Furthermore your ping maybe reduced if you usually restart your router. This is what i am doing many times. Another issue for high ping is while you are recording or streaming the game to youtube or twitch or somewere else. Streaming is using a lot of internet bandwidth. So try and follow this instructions that i gave you my friend and i hope it will solve your problem.

Hi Dear @tomgregory118

Your ping issue is your own issue and nothing TruckersMP related. The best thing I can suggest to lower your ping is to make sure nobody else is downloading/uploading anything or streaming because these will increase your ping.

Or 

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter

step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter

step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter

step 4: restart your computer

Reset your network adapator

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

You type 

·         netsh int ip reset reset.txt

·         netsh winsock reset

·         netsh advfirewall reset

In to a DOS window (Comand Prompt). (in order)

please check this topic

King Regards 

BaldemarDeutsch..

Created by @BurakAKSAKAL Thanks