EU 1: Realism Server - Active collision zones within delivery points

Ryeng

Suggestion Name: EU 1 Realism Server - Collision Zone Delivery/Pick Up - Full Scale Testing

Suggestion Description: Resurrect collision zones within delivery depots again. The game was much more fun and alive when people couldn't just spam 10 trucks into the same delivery point and run through each other. In the first weeks of MP, people had to show respect to other drivers and let people drop off their cargo one by one. It was a cool experience to wait for your turn and slowly but surely edge your way towards the drop off/pick up zones (if you chose or arrived at a crowded one). With no collision zones within the delivery depots and drop-off points, it is just a mess and a real game breaker when people just reverse through each other and block the view for other drivers. Nobody gives a shit anymore and barely anyone show the courtesy to let others park before they do.. Give it another go, and let's see how it works this time around.

Any example images: Not needed.

Why should it be added?: Now that it's so easy to report other players, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to filter out trolls and other people just blocking deliveries for the heck of it. Most seasoned players know the easy workarounds like loading autosaves and what not, so what's the big deal anyway? It will bring back the fun and cooperation around terminals, along with increasing the tactical aspects of choosing good places to pick-up and deliver goods in MP. Yes, at first it will probably be a utter mess, but after a week or two people will start to avoid the most crowded areas like the plague if they don't like it and the situation will slowly stabilize and balance itself out over time. If not on EU 2, it would be great to see this being tried out again in full scale on the EU 1 server, which seems to be going for a more realism concept already with its' enabled speed limiter. Maybe it will increase that server's popularity too. I for one, would choose collision zone parking/pick up any day over the mess that is experienced at every slightly crowded delivery point today...

• Upvote 5

^^ There's a couple of problems to fulfill your suggestion: Quick jobs and auto-parking. You can be inside a delivery yard, perfectly safe, and someone can choose a quick job and spawn right inside your truck. Same with auto-parking. Someone arrives at that delivery yard, chooses the auto-parking feature and truck+trailer are teleported to the easy spot. If there's already another truck on that spot, there's a high chance for one or both of the vehicles to end up flying or going underground. For this suggestion to be risk-free, quick jobs and auto-parking would need to be disabled, so I don't see it happening.

41 minutes ago, Ryeng said:

Is it hard to disable quick jobs and auto-parking? My suggestion is only for EU 1 server. EU 2 can remain as is for the people who enjoy the more arcade experience.

I don't know if it's hard or not, but it implies modifying the base game files, which TruckersMP developers can't do as it could arise legal issues with SCS.

31 minutes ago, MARTIN M said:

^^^ FYI, you never pick up and deliver a load to the same spot on the terminals, so.. I don't see any problems at all. I really like the idea! ;)

But you don't need to be on the delivery spot. I usually wait to park my trailer if someone is already doing it and when I'm finished, I go out as fast as I can to let the spot free for others to park more easily. When I do that, I'll stop my truck at any unocuppied place to look for a new job in the market. That's when you can be in the place where someone spawns because of a quick job or auto-parking.

EDIT: Just to make it clear that I'd love NC areas to be removed, but the way MP is working now, I think that it would bring many problems and not that much of an improvement. 

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
  • Upvote 1

How about World of Trucks jobs? Trailer spawns to company straight after you select WoT job. And if you take same WoT job as your friend(s), it spawns sometimes to same spot. Also if 2 or more users take normal Freight Market job and trailers spawns to same spot, not good.

Edited by Samiz [FIN]

1 minute ago, Samiz [FIN] said:

How about World of Trucks jobs? Trailer spawns to company straight after you select WoT job. And if you take same WoT job as your friend(s), it spawns sometimes to same spot.

What if the parking spots are no collision, so that trailers themselves won't collide with each other, but truckers can't get to the trailer without letting other people finish up first ?

^ Having small areas of a company in NCZ will cause even more problems.

IMO this is -1 because all that will happen with a company not being NCZ is people being blocked into a parking space and unable to leave the company due to the pile up of people waiting to park or pick up their trailers.  Also those who cannot reverse to save their lives will cause people to wait for 10mins or more while they attempt to park.  

7 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

IMO this is -1 because all that will happen with a company not being NCZ is people being blocked into a parking space and unable to leave the company due to the pile up of people waiting to park or pick up their trailers.  Also those who cannot reverse to save their lives will cause people to wait for 10mins or more while they attempt to park.  

Wouldn't this be something that people would adjust to by nature? I mean, if you know that you have to wait 10+ minutes (or even longer) at certain areas, wouldn't you start avoiding those areas all together if you dislike the wait? (or just play EU 2 which would still be the same as today).

I feel like people would balance this out by themselves. I had many great experiences the first few weeks of MP when there were long lines to delivery points and most people actually waited for their turn to park or pick up..

Edit 1: To me, waiting for people to park and planning out my park job to be as efficient as possible is part of the simulation. If there's no progress for longer than I could wait, I would just get towed to the nearest repair-shop and ditch the delivery. I mean, I barely care about the delivery anymore anyway. It's more about the ride than the end result to me.

Edited by Ryeng
  • Upvote 1

@Ryeng Unfortunately the population has changed a lot since 2015/16 and there are a lot of inpatient drivers now.  Just look at the Duisburg service station to see what I am talking about or the C-D road entrance from Rotterdam.  Patience and manners do not exist anymore

Also, btw if you are quoting a post from above yours, just us ^ instead of quoting

I have to ask again, doesn't the ban function work here? And is it so easy to bypass or so generous that people are allowed to troll for fun until they get banned for a month and then just return to continue their mayhem? Make stricter rules and longer bans if so. Then we'll slowly clear the streets of trolls and troublemakers. I don't see a problem with this if server admins would whip out the bans quicker and the rules were stricter. If not on all servers, at least lower the ban-threshold on the realism server, then arcade kids can go have fun on other servers. If there was a near zero tolerance for senseless and bad driving, then this wouldn't have been such an issue. If you are unable to abide by normal road-rules then why should you be allowed to drive in MP at all (at least why would you be allowed to play on a realism server) ?

It's fairly easy to record your gameplay while you drive, and if you report someone that drives like crap and has video proof of the incident, doesn't the person get tagged and potentially banned depending on the offence? There should be a severe penalty for trolling or driving like a madman, and to me, it seems like the system is made very solidly in terms of registering a user and checking if they own the game etc? Are these systems easy to bypass, or just plain inefficient in the end?

• Upvote 2

Out of curiosity. So I followed the instructions for posting suggestions, and I think my suggestion is fair (after all I'm suggesting a test on one server, not an outright implementation on all servers). Did this suggestion get passed along throughout the TMP team, or does it usually take much longer before any official statements regarding suggestions are posted? 

I would love to argue my case to more counter-arguments, and I think a test would be very appropriate in this case, seeing as there are now many different servers where people can choose their preferred experience as well. I also believe that this suggestion could improve the popularity of the EU 1 server, as it would add a significantly different experience than other servers today along with the speed limits that are in place today. Thanks for the responses so far, and I'm sorry for my impatience. I hope that many more people will pitch in here so that this can be discussed further. :)

Btw, I edited the title of the thread to better represent my suggestion.

• 9 months later...
On 9.7.2017 at 12:37 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ There's a couple of problems to fulfill your suggestion: Quick jobs and auto-parking. You can be inside a delivery yard, perfectly safe, and someone can choose a quick job and spawn right inside your truck. Same with auto-parking. Someone arrives at that delivery yard, chooses the auto-parking feature and truck+trailer are teleported to the easy spot. If there's already another truck on that spot, there's a high chance for one or both of the vehicles to end up flying or going underground. For this suggestion to be risk-free, quick jobs and auto-parking would need to be disabled, so I don't see it happening.

I would not have worded it any better.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.