report system

The MedMan

hi all may i ask why it is we have such a fabulous new report system but no one seems to know how to use it reported three people for activities including being rammed intentionally, and wrong way only to get messages back saying no action taken. so whats the point in having it if there is no action being taken against offenders.

It is like the old System, the only changes are, more Reason to put. Also, Admins have a Demo, we can watch what happened. If no Admin is there, the Report will get deleted after 10 mins, or when the Admin delete this Report (because of only Kickable, Insufficient Evidence etc.) you'll get this message also. 

So, short Version: 

You'll get this message when no Admin is there or/and when the Admin delete this Report.

Hi Lee. I'm guessing that you got that message 10 minutes after reporting the user. That is because the report only actively lasts that long before the system gets rid of it. So if an admin hasn't looked at it within 10 minutes nothing will happen to that user. On top of that there are clearly not enough admins covering the servers to implement a system like this. Be smart and just continue using the website reporting service as that is the way to (hopefully) guarantee getting the report properly reviewed or risk these "users" getting away with everything. That's my opinion anyway ;)

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

^

no, they are not <_<

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

1 hour ago, [ST-E] Lee.H said:

thanks everyone and i will be using the old fashioned way to report because this system clearly isnt going to work so a clear waste of programmers time and effort 

Just because the new system hasn't been immediately beneficial to you doesn't mean it it's not valuable to the community as a whole.

Before this system only about 1 out of 10 in game reports i claimed resulted in a ban. This is because by the time the report was claimed offense was long over.

This system changes that completely. We now have the ability to observe and assess the situation with a real time demo. (With pause, rewind, multiple views, etc.)

Nevertheless, we still get 10,000 in game reports a day. (Numbers taken from a CM's post)

So it would still be best to record what happens in game just in case no admin is available.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

Hello @josema1701,

as I can see, you have reported the people in-game. When the system says that the ID cannot be found, the perpetrator most likely disconnected from the server while you had your Report Player window open. In that case, use the player History shown on your tab to report the person. Admins should still be able to see the offence, even though he has disconnected.

However, what you want to do, is to report people on the website. So-called "web reports" will certainly lead to penalties when the report was filed properly with the required evidence. Make sure, though, that you report the player with his TruckersMP ID, not the in-game on.

Further information on how to properly report people can be found here:

Spoiler

Hopefully, this will help you for the future.

Kind regards,

Anriandor
TruckersMP Moderator

I did a web report on a player because an in game report had already been filed against the player who hit me head on, then turned around and ran me off the road. I got a reply back that my report was declined because the player was already banned. Now that's a problem. In instances like this, the offending player has already been reported for violating game rules and continues in the game violating the rules against other players. Wouldn't actions like this cause the ban to be extended?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived