New report system

Eeveelutions

Report System  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Does the new report system work for you?

• Yes! i love it!
    • nope, and its essentially the same.

1. I don't know if this is working or not, 2. not sure if this is the right place for this, this being the first topic I ever made but anyway lets get into it.

this new report system seems all golden and new, along with improvement on how things get done, but what ive been seeing is very time I report someone for reckless driving, wrong way driving etc. NOTHING IS DONE. the system even tells you nothing has been done. it confuses me because the devs even said your truck takes up to 2 minutes of playback footage even AFTER you leave then game and so I use it as an advantage cause then that's if everyone has a little camera making sure everyone is behaving like they should and report who isn't behaving, but then my cries fall on deaf ears and nothing is done, I would do as it says and file a complaint on the website but I'm not sure how to do that.. and I was just wondering if this system is real or fake essentially. what do you think?

The system is very real. Reports timeout after 10mins which is why it says no action was taken. 

You have to remember that there can be over 3000 players on the server and there are many reports to review. The admins do as many as they can but many will be deleted. Hence why you should also record your gameplay

Hello @Eeveelutions,

first of all, welcome to the forums. This is certainly the proper place to find everything you need since we have a friendly community which can help you whenever you need any help.

Now to your little inquiry. I have voted for yes because this new report system is, in my eyes, a massive improvement and brings much more opportunities for in-game admins than they had before. Not only does it open new ways of banning people but also does it ensure that proper penalties will be applied since the admin can view those 2 minutes over and over again until he decided how to deal with the perpetrator.

Furthermore, it is helpful that the report system tells you when no action has been taken as you then know "I have to report it on the homepage" rather than reporting everything online. Because you said that you do not know how to report users properly on our homepage, the following topics will provide necessary information you will need:

Spoiler

Back to the in-game reports. They are in fact very useful because it encourages players to report people in-game rather than immediately on the homepage which, at the end of the day, decreases the amount of reports admins have to claim.

Instead of being disappointed that no admin did claim your in-game report, you should say with pride "I have tried it but now I need to report him on the homepage". Because then, we can ensure proper penalties are being applied and the perpetrators eventually get what they deserve.

Last but not least I want to conclude my post by quoting our Community Manager @Chris - TFM who gave a little insight what admins have to do.

• Admins have 24,000 website reports to get though a month
  • Admins have 10,000 reports come through the in-game report system EVERY DAY
  • Admins also have to deal with their ban appeals.
  • Admins do it all in their spare time.

Please remember that our team are all volunteers. We aren't paid to do any of the work that they do. Please don't come here telling our admins they aren't doing their job properly when they do the best they can.

Hopefully, you can understand why not every report can be claimed.

Thank you very much for your understanding. I also apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Anriandor

TruckersMP Moderator

thanks for all the replies guys! I now understand what to do if it doesn't work and why it says no action was taken. I will go by that motto of "i tried" and I'm very happy and feeling better to the new report system! I will leave the poll up though just for fun

The best way to get the result is the video test, so you can report on this site: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/18243-how-to-use-the-report- System-en /.
This path is great for receiving a direct response from the administrator.

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

First of all,I think the new report system is a big step into the future. It's a great help for the IGAs.

But the question was: Does the new report system work FOR YOU?

For me, it's the same like the system before. I don't want to complain, but it's a fact that the admins cannot do every Report. None of my reports has been accepted yet. So I keep reporting via the website. For me, it's the same like before. 

9 hours ago, DrEGZo said:

First of all,I think the new report system is a big step into the future. It's a great help for the IGAs.

But the question was: Does the new report system work FOR YOU?

For me, it's the same like the system before. I don't want to complain, but it's a fact that the admins cannot do every Report. None of my reports has been accepted yet. So I keep reporting via the website. For me, it's the same like before. 

I can't agree more with this comment. None of my reports has been accepted too. The concept itself is good but in reality it's useless so far.

I feel that there's a lot needed to be done to bring down the number of reports because the reports not being accepted is down to sheer volume of reports

I think the report system has been fixed to near to where not much else can be done to improve it currently

I imagine that the number of reports could be reduced if we take a moment to realize if an incident is worth to be reported at all.

Do not get me wrong - I do not assume that user reports are unjustified in general.

But we should always ask ourself why we want to report.

Have I or has somebody else been harmed in a way that we do not want to tolerate it?

If I sometimes follow the chat in game, some users proudly annouce that they will report another user.

But it appears to me that they do not want to report a worthy incident, but instead they want to report only because they can.

All in all, I think that both report systems, in-game and on the website, work very well if we, the players, do not abuse it.

The report system is a bust! I've been crashed into by players driving on the wrong side of the freeways, I report them and then get a statement ingame that nothing was done to the other player. I'm no angel when I drive. I speed, but I also don't speed where I will become a danger to other players. I can only guess the new system will not take action if the reporter has violated any rules in the previous 2 minutes before the violation by the other player. So far every report I have sent has been declined by the system. I was not happy that the old system required video evidence to officially take action, and was hopeful the new system had taken care of that by showing the 2 minutes prior to the incident when a report was sent. But that has proven to not be the case since the incidents I have reported have been blatant violations.

And now when you report a player in-game, you get to view his/her Steam and TruckersMP ID details in the report menu above all the reasons for reporting.. so as a non-admin player, I don't have to type /pinfo at all. Just record and report in-game as per usual, and for those reports that were done by any admins in-game (if they saw it while they were online, sure makes life even easier for me as per usual) and if it happens that they (missed it/were not online/busy attending to other matters/enjoying a drive/enjoying a convoy) and the report timed-out, after I finish my session, I just have go through my recorded videos and grab those detail reports which they missed.

I also like the new report-timed-out notification as it reminds you of the perpetrator's TrucksMP ID too. So it's makes things really easy peasy.

I voted yes too as the new changes are making the reporting process really easy for me, in terms of someone who regularly wants to record and catch trolls/clowns on the road while I am driving along minding my own business :)

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Now I see.  It was created to help Admins to even out or avoid the job serge during certain hours! 

I have the answer to take back to my community now as I was told this new system is (2) NOT WORKING (seeing my translation of the post from mwl4)..'its a new system but it doesn't work from the start! How disappointing!'. I was puzzled back then because I don't know how this new system supposed to work then.   ???????

This means players STILL need to record their own gameplay footage because:-

- the online reports needs to be seen by available online admins on spot (no action is taken)

- rollback is 2min

- reports timeout after 10min (no action is taken)

....and how do players know if admins are around dealing with their case or not ;p 

>noting of my note<

@Tablecookie That's wrong. This System is working to 100%. That's true, players still need/can record, we can't be online on the Server 24/7. The Report get's deleted after 10 mins, so when the Server is full, and as example we get every min 20-30 reports, we can't deal with all them. So it's still better as Player to have a Evidence, when the message "no action taken" comes up. We trying to solve all this reports, but sometimes it's not possible. Anyway, the System is fine. Give us some time, for us it's also new.

For ETS2 players, it's a huge improvement.

But, for ATS players... Well, me personally, I haven't noticed any difference, simply because there are never any IGAs on ATS, or if there is IGAs on ATS, I never, ever see them and they never have taken any of my reports as I encounter the player I reported not but an hour or two later....

Now, for the wannabe "Forum mods" and KB Warriors, I understand the (much, much) larger playerbase is over on ETS2 and that IGAs do this in their free time and so on and so forth, I see it all the time, told to many other users. And I completely agree with that and understand that perfectly. But, ATS has it's trolls and troublesome players as well. And I think, maybe having a few IGAs dedicated specifically for ATS, will improve the experience a lot. Literally, the last time I reported someone on ATS, it took about an hour for an IGA to show up, and only because another user switched servers to go look for an IGA, and they found an IGA just sitting at the race track in Tuscon, AZ.....

The new system works for ETS2, but for ATS, I honestly see zero difference.

@Bonnm  ¬¬ do you even know what this thread was about? 

'questionnaire' do not have 'right or wrong' answer.  

I am afraid this thread is not even a feed-back route though I can see you are trying to protect.

You have your admin community to care, and I have my own community with players to care.

What I mentioned earlier is 'my own report' to smoothen up the gap between.  If you stand in my positon, you should be able to understand what I have done there (though there is Japanese lacking, that's the base of my translation)- I wasn't complaining, its the fact, a mental note.

Cheers

15 hours ago, Bonnm said:

@Tablecookie That's wrong. This System is working to 100%. That's true, players still need/can record, we can't be online on the Server 24/7. The Report get's deleted after 10 mins, so when the Server is full, and as example we get every min 20-30 reports, we can't deal with all them. So it's still better as Player to have a Evidence, when the message "no action taken" comes up. We trying to solve all this reports, but sometimes it's not possible. Anyway, the System is fine. Give us some time, for us it's also new.

If the reports don't get reviewed in time by an admin and declined by the system, I can understand that. I can't find the video on my system to do an online report. Can you tell me where I should be looking on my computer to find these?

Archived