Game Suddenly Freezes

Pucker

Question

Before the last update ETS2MP worked fine. When I updated however, if I take a ferry or F7 to service, the game freezes. I have no mods installed, and this only happens in MP. I have reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows which didn't solve anything. My logs are here as you won't allow uploads over 0.49MB.

P.S. Sorry I use advanced logs.

If I helped you at all, please remember to select as the best answer or add reputation points!

7 answers to this question

Due to MP being more in the future then your single player gameplay it will cause your game to freeze/crash if you have players. As it will load all the data which your drivers have earned and did over the time period of SP and MP. You can fix this by

• Waiting 15 minutes
  • Fire all your drivers on SP. 
  • Have 2 accounts 1 for single player and 1 for Multiplayer (Incase you don't want to get rid of your drivers in SP) 

8 hours ago, JaffaVTC_Parker_Driver said:

Is this a common problem?

Yes it is a common problem. Did you follow what the other individuals said about waiting 15 - 30 minutes + dismissing your drivers? 

I have answered to many questions similar to yours, waiting was always the primary solution. Just wait it out and I promise it will fix itself and not re-occur again for a very long time. As said above, do not touch your computer at all, leave it for the time period mentioned. 

For some additional information, if the issue persists on singleplayer; follow the instructions below:

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click ETS2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Let us know if you have any more issues regarding this problem. 

This is a common problem. Best answer marked.

Moved to Solved.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M