You Must Select A Valid American Truck Simulator Path

Billy_Mays

Question

So for the past 6 months now ive been getting the constant message in which it tells me i must select a valid path. Ive done everything they told me on my last post and it didnt do anything. Ive been wanting to play multiplayer but ive been unable to. Ive done things such as only selecting ats than trying but it says the same thing. I did it with ets2 and i got the same message just for ets2 not ats. 

Please i need help i just want to play the game always been a big fan until this all started happening. Anything helps just please help me getting my damn game working.

-Billy Mays

bb58052458792aada243a0d54f5e2e05.png

14 answers to this question

Have you tried going to steam, uninstalling ATS, going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator and then deleting any left over files there.  Then restart steam as admin and install ATS and see if this works.

Yes please try deleting the folder. Or otherwise try installing in a different location (another drive if you have another one)

The solution @EnLight already gave you should solve the problem flawlessly. There is no reason for the launcher setup to not accept the current working directory path if you followed his instructions. But just to make things a little clearer, I'll add screenshots of the steps despite the fact that this information has already been delivered to you.

Go to your Steam Library then right-click American Truck Simulator and at the bottom of the menu that will appear, click on Properties.

3WcQe6p.png

A new window will appear. On this wind, click on the Local Files tab and then on the Browse local files... button.

iiGQcVA.png

A Windows Explorer window will appear. Click on the address bar at the top and it should automatically select the path. If not, then select it all yourself. Regardless, you must copy that address.

oEBE1af.png

Now that you have copied that address, paste it whole in the field of the setup where it asks for the ATS path and click Next to proceed with the installation.

• Thanks 2

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Hi,

Can you confirm with me you have followed these instructions below, in regards to ensuring you have selected the correct directory/install path upon installation of the launcher: 

> Go to Steam Library
> Right click ETS2 / ATS
> Properties
> Local Files
> Browse Local Files - This location is your 'install path'

• Upvote 1

Re-Install the Steam client @american__truck

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M