Issues with speeding and overtaking

ZebraTrucker

Driving along the C-D road is a nightmare, people don't seem to know the simple rules of the road. I've been in multiple accidents due to another player doing something really moronic and would not happen elsewhere. I'd like to start with the speeding, its not a big issue, but when a truck/car comes up on me rear at near 140km/h I think thats over the top for the road limit. Which brings me to overtaking, I don't think anyone knows how to correctly overtake. When I would be driving on the road a truck would come up on me at 100km/h or more and I would speed up so they would not have to overtake me, but thats never the case, they tailgate me as we speed up to dangerous 110km/h speeds and after reaching dangerous speeds I STILL get overtaken. Overtaking should happen when a truck is traveling too slow, not 120km/h! Another issue is checking how far, you are supposed to check if you are at least 100M in front of the truck before coming back in. That isn't the case most of the time and it ends up with either the car/truck or the trailer running me off the road. This brings me back to speed, where on certain corners people will hit them at over 100km/h and go straight into oncoming traffic either flipping over or crashing into another truck going the other way. I hope to hear any of your stories about the worse things on the C-D road. 

Hi @Lukethedude101,

Unfortunately the CD road is a popular destination for trolls, people who don't know how to drive, don't take the game seriously, or enjoy driving very fast. There are so much of these people that you will pretty much not go through that road without damage (during peak hours at least). I recommend if you do not want to get overtaken at high speeds, or get into accidents to simply avoid the CD road. There are plenty of other great places to drive in the map, and if you buy a expansion DLC the drivers are even better. There just isn't enough admins to take care of all the issues on the CD road in game, if you still choose to drive on it, follow the 3 R's - Record, report, relax. :)

Regards,

sko0923.

When you mix driving cultures from around the world, the C-D road is what happens.  Add in trolls and then it is the recipe for disaster at 5fps.  The problem with overtaking on that road is that the distances you can be from the person you are overtaking is far lower due to the likelihood of someone approaching from the other side of the road at speed.  

And even on a non collision server it is easy to crash on that road due to the tight bends and the inability to judge the speed required to tackle the bend.

Many people drive on this road to experience the "nightmare" and the long tailbacks as it is away from the ghost town on other parts of the map.

I speed :P but I'm used to it and used to that road ;)  I know when to slow down :) When server full and that road is packed its usually not safe to overtake at all, when a bit quieter tho safe overtaking is very possibly :) I always look at my gps when going to overtake, I never just look ahead and judge it by that, always use and look at gps and tab menu, there are plenty of places on that road that you just don't overtake on even when you think its clear and waiting for a safe opportunity to overtake often means you are at slower speeds for quite a while and sometimes for the rest of the road but sadly most people will overtake no matter what and can't wait for safe opportunity and then many just can't overtake safely or control there car or truck at speed :rolleyes:

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

2 hours ago, oolala11 said:

When you mix driving cultures from around the world, the C-D road is what happens.  Add in trolls and then it is the recipe for disaster at 5fps.  The problem with overtaking on that road is that the distances you can be from the person you are overtaking is far lower due to the likelihood of someone approaching from the other side of the road at speed.  

And even on a non collision server it is easy to crash on that road due to the tight bends and the inability to judge the speed required to tackle the bend.

yeah, the road being a magnet for crashes and this close to ports honestly helped the road become a nightmare even before becoming hell road

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

trollers are going to troll it is all they know as for speed limits no one follows them youd be dreaming to have everyone doing it as for overtaking as it is against the rules to overtake on C-D road i see a lot of people do it i know its the biggest pain in the bum but there is not much we can do about it as it is one of the main roads through the map.

If you think that speeding is safe, you likely overestimate your skills.

At high speeds the chances to cause or get involved in an accident are many times higher.

This results from the less reaction time you have left in case of unforeseen events on the road.

Besides of that, high speeds are also difficult to estimate by other road users.

Road speed restrictions exist for a reason - to ensure safety for all road users.

Overtaking is only allowed if you can ensure that no other road user is jeopardized during the entire overtaking process.

Overtaking is not allowed if prohibited by traffic signs or in-game rules or if the traffic situation is not clear.

Also do not overtake in crossroads, at pedestrian crossings or railway crossings.

Always observe, signal, maneuvre.

I still encourage everyone to completely avoid that road since driving there only add more chaos to the mess you can find there. I've seen players driving 160km/h and being overtaken at 200km/h, we completely lost the point of the simulation unfortunately, at least on EU2.

The 'youtubers' on that road are part of the problem. As soon as people spot people like Darwen et al, the carnage triples. By now we should see 'youtubers' as trol-enablers and put them on the same level as trolls.

And don't even get me started on the idiots with 'REC' in their tag being in general more bad than anyone else.

2 hours ago, Hakima said:

And don't even get me started on the idiots with 'REC' in their tag being in general more retarded than anyone else.

With all due respect, but I find these generalizing insults inappropriate.

Is that really necessary to express your opinion?

If you cannot make or do not want to make an objective comment, I suggest to not comment at all.

Keep driving the same speed. They are allowed to overtake when there isn't heavy traffic nearby. If they ram you, report them, load your latest autosave and you can continue driving without any damage caused by that person.

However, if you really care about damage, the C-D road is not for you, these things are to be expected
on this road.

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

With all due respect, but I find these generalizing insults inappropriate.

Is that really necessary to express your opinion?

If you cannot make or do not want to make an objective comment, I suggest to not comment at all.

You must be driving around with 'REC' in your tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived