Tutorial after registering account

Suggestion Name: Tutorial after registering account

Suggestion Description:

We all know truckers life is hard. But if you are online trucker its even worse. So let's skip that and keep to the subject - tutorial after registering. The whole idea is new registered players to watch a video, made with some basic points which for example can be:

1. When we can overtake and how we can do it?

2. Trucks place on the road.

3. What is no collision zone, where we have it, where it starts and where it ends.

4. Some signs - Stop, Giveway, etc.

5. How traffic lights work and what to do if they are not working(during the night).

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?:

So after they watch this short video(it will take ~2-3 minutes to watch) they will have a test with some questions(~10-15) which are random generated from some set of them. If they have atleast 80% right answers they are allowed to drive in this virtual word, if not - watch it again, do the test again. Now you will say that this is pointless, useless and more and more. Well no. This will be helpful because some people i saw this days didnt know that when taking left turn at junction they have to give way to people driving forward. A guy was driving on the left lane on highway when the right was free making it "rule breaking" to overtake him. Now you will say this is just a game, not real life and etc. Well yes, it is game but it costs nothing to make such a small system which might be even usefull one day to this people when they out there in the real world.

P.s: Im sorry for not following the "format" you set but it seems better for me that way. If its problem ill make it yourway. 

P.s2: I got some more ideas for that system but thats in general. Everything else is just a bonus. 

P.s3: Lets make this virtual world one better place ^^ 

P.s4: Video can be made on english adding subtitles in different language for it.

Cheers,

Axemption

Edited by Axemption
  • Upvote 12

While in theory this is a good idea, when it gets implemented it might not work as intended. For example this won't stop trolls, they'll just open a new tab and do something else or just walk away and come back a few minutes later. Even if they have a test afterwards they'll pay attention to the video then answer the questions, get on the servers and create havoc. While it may help some drivers understand the rules of the road it won't stop rule breakers at all. 

PS: you should always be using the format, if you don't you risk your suggestion being denied almost all the time. 

^

Who said it will stop trolls? This is not "trolls stopping" suggestion. Some people are here to drive for fun and while they are doing that, they can get some road education. It's not system that will make you real-world ready driver but it might help in some situations.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quote. Please refer to the post above with "^" or tag (@) the poster.

+1. This actually gives me an idea for my YouTube channel, to make a video similar to the one you suggested and post it on the forum and see what people and maybe staff think. Not to be implemented into a test when registering your account, but perhaps for new guys to stumble upon when having just started playing to get an idea of how things work. 

@Axemption Your suggestion will most likely be denied if you do not follow the suggestion format.  Find it here below.  You just need to edit your post to fit the format

Spoiler

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Unfortunately most people would skip this tutorial/video.  Like how they do when the game rules pop up when you go to truckersmp.com

I do like the idea though

^

No. The idea is that if you fail the test you wont be able to login in the game. The test can also include some things from the rules so not reading will lead to failing the test and being unable to play.

P.s: I will edit my first post in a second.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quotation.

Sure, you never mentioned trolls I'll give you that, but regardless if it's going to stop trolls or not, those who don't want to learn won't learn, it's that simple. I also mentioned trolls because this suggestion was brought up before as an effort to stop trolls from getting into TMP. While this is a simulator it's also a game and for some reason I feel there's quite a bit of players who just want to download the mod and play, not sit there for 10 minutes being tested to see if they're good enough to have access to the servers. 

Also, that user you saw who "didn't know", was it actually the case of him not knowing or the was it the case of him not wanting to wait? That is a common issue in TMP users not wanting to wait, if all players had patience then the select TMP servers wouldn't be as chaotic... mainly talking about ETS 2 EU#2 here. Don't get me wrong here, I like this suggestion but I just don't think it will teach drivers how to drive properly. 

^

To be honest, no matter what we do, what the team do trolls will keep driving around the servers, like hackers keep playing FPS games no matter that they get banned for it. I've been in many situations where people didnt follow basic driving rules because they didnt know and apologized for it. The player i gave for example PMed me saying he didnt know that he have to wait. Watching the video can be done while the game is downloading(which is taking ~5 minutes with fast internet). Also if you are going to spend 2 hours playing the game what will cost you watching a short 5 minute video? Also not to mention that reading rules is really important if you dont want to make your money thrown to the wind. 

Edited by DerAmpelmann

I like the idea of a tutorial. But I think that it's not necessary that it includes the traffic rules (you  can simply search for them with Google) and I don't think that a test is a good idea. Also, my first choice is not a Video. 

I think a tutorial for TMP should include a description how to use the mod (Chat, voice Chat, Information about the cars) and of Course the rules and some guides (e.g. what to do when someone's banned, how to Report other Players)... traffic rules are obvious. 

^

Pointless to add tutorial for how to use chat, voice chat and information about cars. Players already played other multiplayer games and know how chat is used. Information about cars and how to chat(pressing 1 button) can be read in the forums. Now about my suggestion - yes, you can read it too but if people see it they will understand it much better. Do you think that players will start searching in google for traffic rules? No. No one will even think about that. The test will include questions from rules and the video tutorial(which actually covers rules in 70% of it). This will mean that players actually took some of the information into their brain.

Edited by DerAmpelmann

The problem is not that nobody knows the traffic rules. The problem is that many players don't mind them. It's asimulator, but it's still a game. So it has to make fun. And for many players it's no fun to mind the speed limits on an empty road anywhere in nowhere.

9 minutes ago, Axemption said:

Pointless to add tutorial for how to use chat, voice chat and information about cars. Players already played other multiplayer games and know how chat is used.

Not true. When I joined TMP it took a long time until I knew every feature because there was no tutorial.

55 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Sure, you never mentioned trolls I'll give you that, but regardless if it's going to stop trolls or not, those who don't want to learn won't learn, it's that simple. I also mentioned trolls because this suggestion was brought up before as an effort to stop trolls from getting into TMP. While this is a simulator it's also a game and for some reason I feel there's quite a bit of players who just want to download the mod and play, not sit there for 10 minutes being tested to see if they're good enough to have access to the servers. 

Also, that user you saw who "didn't know", was it actually the case of him not knowing or the was it the case of him not wanting to wait? That is a common issue in TMP users not wanting to wait, if all players had patience then the select TMP servers wouldn't be as chaotic... mainly talking about ETS 2 EU#2 here. Don't get me wrong here, I like this suggestion but I just don't think it will teach drivers how to drive properly. 

With that reasoning, why have tutorials in any games out there since people who don't want to learn won't learn? There are people who genuinely want to learn but lack of tutorial forces them to do trial and error and adding to the chaos of MP. I don't buy with this kind of logic. 

It may be a game but trolls actually use that logic to create chaos. "Y so srs? Just a game bro and I am having fun trolling people!" If you are new and doesn't know the rules of the road, it's not fun being flamed or reported either for doing things you literally don't know goes against the rules in driving. Part of the fun in playing a truck simulator is being immersed within the rules of driving.

Overall, I give a null vote because while it is a good idea, I don't know if it's worth the effort for the devs.

5 hours ago, GKilat said:

Just a game bro and I am having fun trolling people!

Some people might say that, but that's absolutely not what I said.

The sense of a simulator is to do the things like irl. The sense of a game is to win or (in case of ETS2) delivering cargo, earning money and increasing the own firm.

So I can understand if people say they want to deliver as fast as possible (time is money ;) ) and don't mind the speed limit (I never talked about trolling). But I can also understand the people saying that they mind every rule 'cause it should be as realistic as possible.

I agree both, because ETS2 is an simulator and a game. 

i see where your coming from but we already have the rules you have to accept to when you register if you dont read them it is not our problem you will be punished if you break the rules. This would not stop trolls from being trolls they will go make there coffee while it plays and think about how to troll people today a video is not going to work so yeah in theory its good but the effects of it wont be anything helpful.

^

We already commented that this is not trolls stopping system. It is little educating system which can be helpful actually for people who want to follow the rules. For example - i am driving like i am racing too but when i am around other players im slowing down so accident wont happen. Also during the night traffic lights are not working which can cause big crashes in high population areas simply because people didnt know what the sign above the traffic lights means. Clicking 1 "accept" button means nothing because some of this things need to be shown, not read. Also i dont think it will take much time for web devs to make this system but it will take longer for video editting.

Edited by DerAmpelmann

On 7/6/2017 at 8:45 PM, DrEGZo said:

Some people might say that, but that's absolutely not what I said.

The sense of a simulator is to do the things like irl. The sense of a game is to win or (in case of ETS2) delivering cargo, earning money and increasing the own firm.

I am not implying you said it but I am saying using the excuse "it's just a game" to not bother adding a tutorial is a weak one.

It seems to me the problem here is that people are too focused on troll prevention that they missed the point of the OP. Whether it will lessen the trolls or not isn't the point but about helping legitimate newbies trying to learn how to drive properly in a truck simulator and improving their game experience instead of a frustrating trial and error and getting flamed and reported by other players online.

• Upvote 2

^

Yeah, finally some1 who saw it from my viewpoint. The multiplayer need to be developed with features who are not "troll stopping" in every update that gets released. Each suggestion is "stop cars", "suggestion to stop trolls" and in every thread you can see moderator/support telling you that its already being suggested and thats all. I'd like to see some of the project managers(i know you are busy guys, i respect you and your time) opinion about this idea.

Edited by DerAmpelmann

It's something worth looking into. I'll check with media team if we can produce something that explains the basics in a clear and understandable way.

Note that we currently have quite some interesting guides here on our forums that do the job as well.

However, I don't think we will include the test since that isn't really needed. Everyone that plays the game agreed with the rules. Failing to obey them will result in a punishment.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have no problem with a video like this, in fact I think it'd be very useful. I just think that there definitely shouldn't be a test, and that this video shouldn't be mandatory. There are people who already know the rules of the road joining and playing ETS2MP, and there are children who either won't have the attention span for the video or will not understand/remember it.

Besides, we already have forums like this. I think we should just link to the forum posts if we're going to implement something like this.

• 2 weeks later...