Question about issue

Batslav

Question

I will explain what happens, started about week ago or a bit more, not so sure. Want to know if anyone had the same problem.
Here is what happens, once in a while i guess my connection drops for few seconds it happens sometimes.
There is no offline on my screen so i am not disconnected but I do not see any trucks spawning when this issue occures except the one who were already spawned before that, they are frozen for me.
The problem is that there are other trucks which i do not see and i can ramm them if i do not notice it on time to pull over, this was the reason for my ban, it was removed, thanks for that.
This happened again earlier, hope i did not hit anyone. I really do not want to cause trouble on the roads because of this.
Here is video, you can see what happens at 10+ min: https://youtu.be/F8qx-l5AS74
I was curious and did check my logs, there were no spawns registered. Is it because i lose synchronization? And if it's because of connection drop, why i do not get disconnected?

Any advice is welcome.

9 answers to this question

Well it depends, it can be the other players connection and they could be lagging due to the location of the server. As I can clearly see from 10 mins in the guy in front was lagging and the players around that time apart from that guy wasn't. So this could be his connection. Reason why you don't get kicked for this is because you have to reach over a certain amount of ping before exceeding the limit and by the looks of it you did not exceed it. Also make sure your spawn distance is up to the max via the tab menu settings. 

This is more of a connection problem than anything, it probably doesn't matter what kind of PC you have. 

Try to stay away from high populated areas, as your internet may just not be up to the task of loading in 100+ trucks around the same time.

It's more of a download issue rather than upload, as you're still connected to the server, able to send packets about your location, but you just can't see chat or other trucks. 

I do believe this is being looked at, and possibly kicking from the server so you don't damage others unaware of it, but I have no information on the status of that.

• Upvote 2

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

1st time i noticed it it when was on EU 2 but also happened in EU 3 and server was not full, my ping is 40-60 most of time, i still think it happens when my connection drops for few seconds but i am not sure because i cant see it drop when in game.
It happens once in a while so it's hard to tell, can only guess what the real reason is. I use Tab to check things more often now so i can avoid causing problems for other players. I wonder why i do not get disconnected if the connection is interrupted even for short time. Maybe they need to make it more sensitive, i have seen players with 600+ ping driving.

Are you using wifi or an ethernet connection?  I recommend using an ethernet connection as it is more stable.

Are you 100% sure it is your connection dropping?

Please verify the integrity of the game files (do you know how to do this?).  It may download a file which is missing.  Let it download and install and then try connecting again and see if there's an issue.

Regarding you not seeing other trucks; record your gameplay.  If the recording shows that the player was not on your screen, make an appeal (if you do get banned) and an admin will review your recording and decide if you have a legitimate reason.

I do record and its how i got my ban removed, will  check the game files just in case. I am not 100% sure but sometimes when i do not play i see it drops for short so it's my best guess.
It can happen anywhere so it's not the hight population, last time it was in Scandinavia wich does not have much of a traffic. Thank you all for replies.

Dont see what else we can add so maybe we can close it.

Moved to solved by OP request.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M