Not giving the percentage of damage

Filip_FLG

Hello, I have a suggestion in the game, You could add to the game something that prevents me from giving me some percent damage to the tractor and the semi-trailer, Percentage would increase only when I bumped into the trickster etc. And when the other player gets into me, the players in ETS2MP have a low-level intelligence, so I would introduce this measure. Thank you. There are many videos on YOUTUBE where there are stupid players who have shuffled off other players, I would give them a permanent ban.

Yes, I report them, but that does not take away my percentages, and money from the contract will not return me. And the player who broke my ban will not get it. There are more options 1) increase the number of active admins on one server 2) improve the system reporting percentage of damage 3) add ghost mod (that means playing to me will be able to break but will not give me percentage damage)

So you want to make it so that when you crash into someone you don't get damage and instead have the person who gets crashed into take damage?

Right now I think that there is already a kind of system in place where you take less damage if you are bumped into. (Or I just rarely take damage for some reason)

Then if the person crashing into someone doesn't take damage and the person who gets hit doesn't take damage.. Who takes damage?? Because as @DAN RO said that would just make it so you can ram without (direct) punishment.

Also you wouldn't really get bumped into or blocked a lot if you avoid crowded places like Rotterdam and Calais.

You are right, but if any such system works, I would have liked it if it was improved. Or, add the number of admin to the server. I'll report someone and after 10 minutes my admin will write to me that he will not ban because at that moment when he looked at him so did nothing when I'm not satisfied so I report it to truckersmp.com, but I do not have such a powerful Computer so I can shoot the game and then add the video as proof that the player boural the patron, how do I then do?

And do not you happen to know how I can become an admin in the game?

^

The new update is out now, and the in game admins could now see how the "suspect" was driven. As its recorded now, the admins could exactly see what happened, and the ban system is massively updated now. To see more you can check it out at News and Information->News->and a topic started with 02. 

To get a in game admin(as i thought you mean) you can check out a "How To" at News and Information->Information->And the first post who is named something like: "How to get a in game admin"

I hope it helped

Fahrer 2222

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

On 01/07/2017 at 6:12 PM, Filip_FLG said:

Yes, I report them, but that does not take away my percentages, and money from the contract will not return me. And the player who broke my ban will not get it. There are more options 1) increase the number of active admins on one server 2) improve the system reporting percentage of damage 3) add ghost mod (that means playing to me will be able to break but will not give me percentage damage)

Firstly, bare in mind that admins are volunteers, they're not paid or anything like that, also, adding more admins won't make much difference, especially as the requirements to be admin have to be super strict, hence why very few people get to be IGA. 

Secondly, any changes to how much damage is received would require modifying the base game which is impossible while the game is still actively being worked on by the developers. 

Thirdly, ghosting is not only going to lead to more accidents, but also will make no difference to what the outcome is.

things like no damage changes and all that are NOT added to TMP for one simple reason, trolls. If a troll has the ability to not take or give damage, that still won't deter them from harassing or annoying players by ramming, blocking and pushing people around. 

Even if the aggressor takes damage but the victim doesn't, it still not enough to stop trolls from trolling, not to mention its damn near impossible to implement into the mod without changing base game files.

Aha, so truckersmp is able to add a personal car to the game but can not manage to easily adjust the system by giving a percentage of damage? Or at least add to each petrol station the option of repairing your tractor. Players who have gone on the road to the other players would give them a BAN for 1 month, but that will happen in one case out of 100. I would introduce something that the admin can look back at what the player did when I was reporting it.

On 1.7.2017 at 10:39 AM, Filip_FLG said:

And when the other player gets into me, the players in ETS2MP have a low-level intelligence, so I would introduce this measure. Thank you. There are many videos on YOUTUBE where there are stupid players who have shuffled off other players, I would give them a permanent ban.

Can we please refrain from these unproven generalizations and argue in a professional objectively way?

2 hours ago, Filip_FLG said:

Aha, so truckersmp is able to add a personal car to the game but can not manage to easily adjust the system by giving a percentage of damage? Or at least add to each petrol station the option of repairing your tractor. Players who have gone on the road to the other players would give them a BAN for 1 month, but that will happen in one case out of 100. I would introduce something that the admin can look back at what the player did when I was reporting it.

The reporting system in-game has been updated now (at least that's what people tell me.)

No longer does the offender have to be caught in the act by an admin but the data off all the trucks involved is saved from 2 minutes prior to the report, this means that in-game reports can be dealt with after it happened. Quote from the update topic:

Hello!

New version 0.2.1.9.0 has been released.

Changelog:

• New report system *
  • Added encountered players in scoreboard (last 1 minute)

* New report system implements demo system. This means that every players movements are recorded for 2 minutes in back (even if player leaves, the movements are still saved).
While creating a report the game server creates a demo using stored movements (also other data is processed) and saves them in the report for certain time.

From this moment consider using report system in game rather than web reports. 

About your rant talking about how the devs can (according to you) easily add things to the game. This is just not true, they worked a long time and really hard on that car they added and quite frankly they can't just use that info to magically create repair points at service stations or lower the percentage of damage (which is a stupid idea in itself). Starting a company like a trucking company there is a level of risk involved and you can easily avoid most of that risk by not taking crowded roads.

Big old fat -1.

Edited by Gewad

Just drove an extremely long distance to arrive and realize that the damage some person had done when they drove into the side of me only gave me 500 euros because of how badly damaged it was i reported but this does nothing for the money i lost for completing the journey is there anything that can be done to compensate for this? not the first time its happened either.

26 minutes ago, RP4L said:

Just drove an extremely long distance to arrive and realize that the damage some person had done when they drove into the side of me only gave me 500 euros because of how badly damaged it was i reported but this does nothing for the money i lost for completing the journey is there anything that can be done to compensate for this? not the first time its happened either.

May I ask what server you were driving on and what road? Because if you are really playing the game with a no-cheated account (unfortunately unlike most other people) I advice you to not play on servers like EU2 and try out EU1 and then take not too busy roads, because if you drive a road like Calais-Duisburg you are destined to get crashed into.

15 hours ago, Filip_FLG said:

The scout was added through using models and assets that are already in the games base game files meaning it can be added without issue, plus it's a non description vehicle model used by the developers as AI, it's lore friendly, also, the scout car is completely server side with no side effects. Whereas "switching off" or modifying the damage given/taken from collisions will require every truck and trailer in the game to be modified and have their damage data points completely removed for it to work, basically, its whole lot of work for something that will make 0.09% of a difference to the accident rate and could be seen as a breach of code of conduct because of how the files have to be manipulated. 

2 hours ago, RP4L said:

The thing is, in my personal opinion, you bring it on yourself, taking longer trips increases the chance of getting damage, either by other people or from mistakes, that's why if you wish to get to a specific place, instead of taking one long job, you plan a route of jobs that are shorter but mean you earn more money if you bring damaged loads anyway. Also you don't have to continue with a trip if you're damaged, as long as you save every so often, especially on long runs, you'll be fine, it's super easy to see how damaged your load is and if it's worth continuing, it's why I always save whenever I'm hooking up, at every 2-3 fuel stations or if I have to go do something irl, it's important especially on long trips, to save periodically. 

1 hour ago, Gewad said:

May I ask what server you were driving on and what road? Because if you are really playing the game with a no-cheated account (unfortunately unlike most other people) I advice you to not play on servers like EU2 and try out EU1 and then take not too busy roads, because if you drive a road like Calais-Duisburg you are destined to get crashed into.

I for one hate it when people say that I use a hack save, just because I start mp on my normal sp save that had 20 drivers already working, then fell ill for a couple of months, then when I came back, my drivers had earned several hundred million while i was away, 

@megadethsteve666 I never said you use a cheated save, all I am saying is that there is a lot of people out there who do not use legit saves. I don't check up on everyone that plays this game to see if they used cheated accounts. I am just of the opinion that if you eliminate cheated saves that would really punish you for ramming and all that and makes it more of a risk you take when you are not as good at driving. There is nothing wrong with employees earning money by the way.

Hi @Filip_FLG,

There are no damage mods available for download that work with multiplayer, you can find one by Googling it. I am not interested in such mods, so I have never tried it, and therefore don't know of any "good" ones. Therefore you are downloading and using it at your own risk. 

Regards,

sko0923. 

Hi Filip_FLG, and welcome to the TMP Forums,

I can understand the frustration coming from you. Trolls are really annoying, but they're trolls and you just have to find a way around it/deal with it, without giving them more attention which they seek as a reaction towards their actions. In addition to the no damage mods stated ^ which I too wouldn't want to use/recommend, there are plenty of trolls with ghost mods you have to deal with as well these days. They'll just drive through you with ease and not give 2cents while you are being flipped onto your side or begin flying like superman :troll:

Use a recording software. Pin down on your World Map - Multiple safe stops throughout the journey before you begin driving to enable yourself safe quick-saves/saves and therefore, safe quick-loads/loads whenever needed.

Begin recording, and if something does happen to you, press Y to open the chat bar and type /pinfo (ID number of perpetrator) to show the admins that you caught the right person/truckersmp ID.

After you /pinfo, you can do 3 things:

1. Report in-game and hopefully an admin attends to it within 10mins

2. Don't bother reporting in-game if you're in a rush to finish the journey, load up the previous safe save and continue as your video recording will already serve as proof later on when you file a web report against that person here: https://truckersmp.com/reports (All you have to remember is roughly what time in real life, the incident happened so as to complete the web report)

3. Load up that previous safe save, hit the history button on your tab list and report in-game if you still want to hope for that 10mins period. And repeat option 2 if the report shows you the timeout timer.

After doing that, just relax. Listen to your music, drink your beers (if you do - :)) or favourite drink! Watch the ban hammer drop, while you get 0 dmg to truck + trailer. Sure it may not be that realistic in terms of being able to remove all damage and start anew from that safe point, but it's the workaround for trolls at the moment which I'm always using; Mainly why I sort-of like the trolls because whatever they're doing "doesn't damage" me at all. AND they still get banned. Win-win for me.

Feel free to read through https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/211-recruitment/ with regards to your question on becoming an IGA.

19 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:
20 hours ago, Gewad said:

I for one hate it when people say that I use a hack save, just because I start mp on my normal sp save that had 20 drivers already working, then fell ill for a couple of months, then when I came back, my drivers had earned several hundred million while i was away

@megadethsteve666 - Please do not have the tendency to take feedback personal, especially when his opinion was completely not directed at you specifically. What @Gewad said was a general comment with no names mentioned, so I don't see any particular reason as to why you had to reply in such a manner. I do believe your command of English is well above standard so please kindly read through whatever feedback you need to again, just in case you misunderstood it. If you are using a clean save and are part of the minority who do so, I don't see why you have to be affected by what he said.

We're all here to have a positive time and enjoy whatever way we can, no need for negativity when not necessary. Cheers.

Have a good one and happy trucking as always~

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

23 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, in my personal opinion, you bring it on yourself, taking longer trips increases the chance of getting damage, either by other people or from mistakes, that's why if you wish to get to a specific place, instead of taking one long job, you plan a route of jobs that are shorter but mean you earn more money if you bring damaged loads anyway. Also you don't have to continue with a trip if you're damaged, as long as you save every so often, especially on long runs, you'll be fine, it's super easy to see how damaged your load is and if it's worth continuing, it's why I always save whenever I'm hooking up, at every 2-3 fuel stations or if I have to go do something irl, it's important especially on long trips, to save periodically.

Ill keep that in mind thanks for the advice i'm new enough to the multiplayer therell always be trolls i guess :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.