A list of recent 'punishments' for admins

Fumiko

Yes, I have searched the forums but I found nothing pertaining to this but if there is a topic already posted maybe under different search terms then please link them in the comments. Also if something like this is already in place or in the works then you can ignore it. thanks :D 

Suggestion Name: List of most recent punishments issued.

Suggestion Description: I've seen instances where an admin ban or kicks the wrong individual because of human error and doesn't realize until after the fact via ban appeal or someone else sees and points it out. So I thought up this idea with the intention of making the process easier and faster. So here it is, a list of (maybe 5~10 or 10~20) the most recent punishments given out by a admin where he/she can review in-game and also given the option of an immediate revoke by leveraging the new captured video function now apart of the report system. So lets put this in a workable example; lets say an admin has just finished quickly clearing up a blockage somewhere with a lot of players but wants to double check that they didn't make a mistake and banned an innocent player. They could select an option on the admin view menu and see a list of the most recent punishments complete with the name,picture,tmpid and offences of the accused made by the particular admin themselves. Then they could click on a user and view the footage from the last few minutes to confirm any doubts or revoke any punishment if needs be immediately. 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: To make that unfortunate individual who got banned for no reason life a little easier.

As always leave your concerns and ideas below :D 

ZFTe8IK.jpg

i like the idea i think it may be useful to administrators to make sure everything is correct as this could reduce the amount of ban appeals due to if the wrong person gets banned they can quickly get the persons wrongful ban removed and the correct person will get banned but im thinking due to admins already record when they ban people and they can review that also to make sure everything is good im on the edge with this.

• Upvote 1

^I can see your point but in that case they would have to decide to whole the video whereas in this suggestion they could view the last few mintues that user was active before being banned or whatever. Well unless my understanding of the new record system is wrong.

ZFTe8IK.jpg

You know the new system just helps us in knowing what happened, we still have to record to provide a proof for the ban.

And when I ban an user I never look at the name, sometimes I'll realize my mistake because I'll see that the user that I wanted to ban is still here and then I check the in the chat and see that I entered the wrong ID, but in cases like that I have the website window opened in the background on the recent ban page (Where I just have to do a few clicks to set the ban as mistaken).

So to me -1 because I know that I would never spend time to review every ban I make

Like said above, I do not think admins have the time to review after they have kicked/banned someone when you have a full server and more reports coming in.  

Plus in the new system, they do not type in the numbers anymore; if you have seen in Chris' twitch stream; they have options on the admin ban menu to kick/ban so only the reported player gets banned (so less mistakes)

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.