Remove Cars

Pulsee

Suggestion Name: Removing cars from Multiplayer

Suggestion Description: My suggestion is to just completely remove cars in multiplayer.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: I think cars in multiplayer is silly. Fistly, cars shouldn't have been introduced to multiplayer at all because we are playing on Euro TRUCK Simulator; a truck driving simulator. This does not involve cars other than AI to add realism to traffic. Quite clearly, the cars physics are awful because they are not meant for the game. All cars do is great problems, they drive around at ridiculously high speeds, causing crashes when they go round a corner too fast. People think they have the right to lane split because they are a smaller vehicle, also causing a crash. Thirdly, people try to pull trailers with them; that shouldn't even give them the option to tow a trailer in the first place which relates back to where i was saying this is a truck simulator, not a car simulator. Few examples, the Calais-Duisburg road. One of the busiest spots on the map, mainly because of blockages/ crashes caused by cars overtaking and going head on into people. Every time i go down this road when delivering a job, a car is always either lane splitting or overtaking the traffic jam because they think they have priority, next thing you know, that same car has turned over another trucker as they hit head on when they are in the wrong lane. The only positive for cars are the pilot cars. If people execute the Pilot Car role in a convoy, they are great don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen one person use these correctly. Most users just believe its a paint job for their car. They drive around with their beacons on for no reason at all, causing more lag to the people around them (if u didn't know, beacons cause severe FPS drops). My suggestion to this if they dont get removed, is for people to apply for Pilot Car roles on the truckersmp so that only they can have access to the cars.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hey_Wtf said:

They wont remove cars as MP will not have so many members as allot of members love cars and all the silly mofo's will leave

i want the silly mofos to leave dont you?, i'd rather have less people who understand the rules than loads who dont

• Upvote 1

I agree with Pulsee, cars in a truck sim game just don't work. Why should the majority of players chose EU1 just to eliminate the probability of cars crashing into you, why dont the cars just get their own dedicated server where they can drive as bad as what they want to and irritate each other. If you do need to put cars in all servers make it so that when they do ram trucks the car get 100% instant damage and the truck not. I have left the main servers due to the problems with the cars and don't see me going back there if changes aren't made.

It took quite some effort and time to get this car available for everyone. We are not going to take it away because of the few that abuse it. Even if we were to take away the cars, they would switch to trucks to troll.

Try to record and report those people if they break rules.

@Rekoil_ Why play on EU1? Where there is nothing to see,no traffic,even SP  is better than playing on EU1,when I do play on MP I will be in the frame of mind that it is only for fun to expect to be damaged,that is why I have 2 drivers in my ETS2,1 for MP the other for serious.

the banning system is rubbish as all you are doing by giving them 6 chances before perm ban, is to learn how to cause damage without getting caught :D 

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Don't like cars - USE EU1 otherwise just record and report the trolls. Every single thing you mentioned trucks do aswell removing cars would do noting to solve any issues (especially on C-D road)

People that don't like the cars and want them removed need to either use EU1 which has cars or build a bridge and get over it, cars are in MP, record and report the trolls like many others do and stop complaining about the cars, it took alot of time and effort for them to be added and we should be thankful and appreciate the TMP teams hard work.

I'm in the busy areas in MP nearly every day and I can tell you for a FACT that trucks cause just as many problems as cars (especially on C-D road) all the problems in MP that are there now existed before cars when it was just trucks (except it was all at Europort)

Trucks cause just as many issues and often do the same things as cars

j0NkWHx.pngMMXAi34.pngo6S2o2W.png

@Hey_Wtf the banning system is not rubbish, its a very fair and reasonable system that allows for people to make mistakes (no ones perfect) anyone can make an honest mistake, it also allows for people to learn from their mistakes and gives people the chance to change, those that troll in MP will end up with perma bans

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Let me put this in context. Before cars everyone used to play on EU1. It was the busiest server and had a speed limit. I still got hit and damaged by trolls even at that low speed. It's not the vehicle. It's the driver. Ways are being looked at to stop the trolls but removing the cars will make no difference at all.

Hello, indeed, as said before, if you do not like the drivers of cars, go to the server Europe 1. Indeed, on this server, there is no car. Moreover, I do not agree with you, indeed, only a few players do not know how to drive cars, but other players know very well how to drive. We must not generalize and sanction all players..

If this players driving or making mistakes, you can make reports on the site of TruckersMP and they will be sanctioned generaly.

Also, be aware that this has already been said and that cars will not be removed.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

@BOSSENTERPRiSES Cars won't be removed, it has been said lots of times. And their parameters are the same as those of a truck, this is a limitation from the game's phisics, so cars won't have better brakes or handling. The problem with cars is the same it would be if trucks were able to go over 200 Km/h. If people drove the cars in a responsible way, there would be no problems, I don't drive cars, but tested them and if you stick to 130-140 Km/h max. they handle perfectly. But most people get in the cars and thing that the game changed from ETS2 to NFS, drive them over 200 Km/h and they realize that they can't control their vehicle too late.

And then, there are trolls, but like it has been said lots of times too, there were trolls long before cars were implemented in the MP, if cars were removed, they'd just use the most powerful trucks to continue trolling.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]

Removing cars wont make roads safetier. Trollers will drive trucks without trailers, same result. Scouts are good in Company Convoys as Pilot Cars and admins are using them as Police Cars. And many players like them too. Of course many trollers driving them very reckless, but it doesnt mean that they need to remove Scout Cars. 

Eu1 is the one for you i think ;)

It took ages to add cars... I personally don't mind them as its easier to meet up with friends who are miles away and you don't have the garage in that city etc... So they come in handy however removing the cars will solve 0 problems with trolls they will just hop in a truck put speed hacks on and drive much faster than a car so like some people have said play on EU1 server... Even if they did remove cars you lot will complain until there is nothing left of this game so either play on a different server or stick to SP where there is loads of traffic.

31 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Cars won't be removed, it has been said lots of times.

This is the problem itself, isn't it? Not doing anything about problems, or not trying at least.

31 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

most people get in the cars and thing that the game changed from ETS2 to NFS, drive them over 200 Km/h and they realize that they can't control their vehicle too late.

This is because, the cars exist in TMP. You can not control a car which doesn't have realistic car physics, brakes and suspension.

1 hour ago, oolala11 said:

Let me put this in context. Before cars everyone used to play on EU1. It was the busiest server and had a speed limit. I still got hit and damaged by trolls even at that low speed. It's not the vehicle. It's the driver. Ways are being looked at to stop the trolls but removing the cars will make no difference at all.

I don't need to tell my opinion because @oolala11 already did. It is absolutely wrong to blame it on the cars. If you are driving too fast it gets hard to handle your vehicle - this is a fact for cars AND trucks.

If the drivers kept distance, the current brakes would be enough.

Also many people said that it's a TRUCK simulator. I want to pronounce the other part of the name: Truck SIMULATOR. A simulation should be as realistic as possible. Have you ever looked on the roads irl? There are trucks and cars! I'm glad that cars were added, because the game got more realistic.

1 hour ago, BOSSENTERPRiSES said:

This is the problem itself, isn't it? Not doing anything about problems, or not trying at least.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like it if cars were removed, but since many people from the staff have rejected any possibility to do that, we have to bear with them. I keep getting scared every time I see a car in my mirrors, some times there was no need, the car just overtakes correctly, but too many times I've been rammed out of the road by cars driving too fast, out of control. I guess that the only choice is to drive in EU#1 or take all kind of protective/evasive maneuvers when we see cars nearby.

17 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

Have you ever looked on the roads irl? There are trucks and cars! I'm glad that cars were added, because the game got more realistic.

Have you ever seen IRL cars driving 200 Km/h on 80 Km/h limited roads, overtaking others on the grass, on the emergency lane, using all 3 lanes of a highway with each turns, to avoid crashing, hitting a 30+ tons truck and sending it on the air and not suffering damage?. Yes, a truck simulator should have cars and other vehicles, but only as long as those other vehicles behave in a realistic way. Otherwise, "more realistic" looses all of its meaning.

7 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Have you ever seen IRL cars driving 200 Km/h on 80 Km/h limited roads, overtaking others on the grass, on the emergency lane, using all 3 lanes of a highway with each turns, to avoid crashing, hitting a 30+ tons truck and sending it on the air and not suffering damage?. Yes, a truck simulator should have cars and other vehicles, but only as long as those other vehicles behave in a realistic way. Otherwise, "more realistic" looses all of its meaning.

The vehicles cannot behave (they are things and not people). Only the drivers can behave. But if they don't, the problem are not the cars but the drivers. So removing the cars is no solution - we should remove the drivers :troll:

Seriously.

^^ Agreed. But cars in SP do "behave" without real drivers (more or less). And trucks can't do over 200 Km/h, don't accelerate as fast as cars. Bad drivers are and will always be there. Cars are just a more deadly weapon than trucks in MP. What I was trying to say is that arguing that cars make the MP game more realistic is... unrealistic.

As sayd previously, you can play on EU#1 ( Server with truck only ) or EU#3 ( [I think] There haven't lot of troll and cars ) or you can take another road near from your destination, take a deviation.

There've a lot of suggestion's similar with your suggestion and my answer remains the same, it's my opinion ^^

But good luck for your suggestion and see you soon on the road :)

this has been suggested more then 50 times id say this is not going to happen i really dont get why you dont look at the suggestion forum before your post because you would find its been suggested alot and look at the communitys response it will decrease the amount of times everyone has to say its not going to happen because the TMP team has put it in the game its been here as long as i can remeber so nothing is going to change someone may as well trash this.

Whether you take away the car's or not, you will still get troll's as they are on every game you play and will find new ways to annoy people! People get a kick out of it, all you can do is record, report the offender and stay away from crowded areas! The guys in my VTC are instructed to avoid busy areas as much as possible.

On 30/06/2017 at 8:48 AM, Pulsee said:

Suggestion Name: Removing cars from Multiplayer

Suggestion Description: My suggestion is to just completely remove cars in multiplayer.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: I think cars in multiplayer is silly. Fistly, cars shouldn't have been introduced to multiplayer at all because we are playing on Euro TRUCK Simulator; a truck driving simulator. This does not involve cars other than AI to add realism to traffic. Quite clearly, the cars physics are awful because they are not meant for the game. All cars do is great problems, they drive around at ridiculously high speeds, causing crashes when they go round a corner too fast. People think they have the right to lane split because they are a smaller vehicle, also causing a crash. Thirdly, people try to pull trailers with them; that shouldn't even give them the option to tow a trailer in the first place which relates back to where i was saying this is a truck simulator, not a car simulator. Few examples, the Calais-Duisburg road. One of the busiest spots on the map, mainly because of blockages/ crashes caused by cars overtaking and going head on into people. Every time i go down this road when delivering a job, a car is always either lane splitting or overtaking the traffic jam because they think they have priority, next thing you know, that same car has turned over another trucker as they hit head on when they are in the wrong lane. The only positive for cars are the pilot cars. If people execute the Pilot Car role in a convoy, they are great don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen one person use these correctly. Most users just believe its a paint job for their car. They drive around with their beacons on for no reason at all, causing more lag to the people around them (if u didn't know, beacons cause severe FPS drops). My suggestion to this if they dont get removed, is for people to apply for Pilot Car roles on the truckersmp so that only they can have access to the cars.

-1 first off, do you know how long the team worked on the cars so they could be added to MP? 

Secondly, if people have to "apply" for pilot roles, they may as well bobtail a truck with a white and red construction scheme and beacons everywhere, plus, if you remove the cars, how are people going to get access IF they apply for the pilot role because the car isn't native to the game so would have to be added to everyone, plus, this would add yet more work to admins to have to go through applications.

iwill put this to you, in the year plus we've had the scout, I've only seen about 25% of accidents which block the C-D road be caused by a car causing an accident or overturning itself, 75% is caused by truck drivers speeding, driving recklessly, bobtialing, overtaking in stupid spots or just generally driving like idiots, now if we got rid of the scout, 100% of accidents will be caused by trolls and idiots in trucks, so no matter what you do, the problem will not go away. 

The best ETS and only true way to get rid of bad drivers is to use the report systems, record your drives using free software and submit it all in, that way these drivers can be dealt with instead of put in different vehicles with the same outcome as before. 

Also, what causes the most lag isn't necessarily cars with their lights and beacons on, but the people who seem to think it is cool to drive trucks that have more than 10 beacons on at once, those are the real lag creators, plus, because of the render rate and sheer amount of high poly objects being drawn in, typically anywhere with more than 20 trucks can cause lag even without beacons, mostly because of the high poly count. It was the same before the cars were added and it's the same after, so it's not that believe me.

Also, before we even had the scout we had the same problem, people causing wrecks, roads being blocked, trolls ramming for the sake of it, hell, most of us veterans can remember the days of being stuck at Europoort for literally hours real time because of a big pile up of TRUCKS and TRAILERS blocking the road, at least with the scout, you have more chance to avoid a collision because of how much smaller it is compared to a truck.

So no, honestly in my opinion you are 110% wrong, removing the scout isn't going to magically make the world better.

plus, this has been suggested countless times, in future, use the search bar before posting.

as a final note, just because a game says SIMULATOR doesn't mean it's 10000% true to real life and has to only be about what it's simulating, ETS2 and ATS are what are called "casual" simulators meaning they can be played by anyone and don't necessarily follow strictly to reality, hence why we as players play in very different ways. Not to mention, if you wish to be picky, I could quote easily say that TMP isn't a simulation as there are no traffic other than trucks, there's no economy, no physical damage, no deformation, no vans, small trucks, cars, motorbikes, cyclists or buses or pedestrians, so really, you can't say it's a simulator at all as you can't get out and walk around, you can't flick switches or open windows, you can't have mechanical failures, you can't stop and get breakfast and a cup of coffee.. so your argument doesn't have any validation.