Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

cant start launcher

bacon manbro

Question

i used to play ets2 mp i took a break and now i have come back and installed a update and there has been a big fuss about 64 bit operating systems mine is but it still wont start the launcher it comes up with this ( see attached file) and i am a yutuber and would like to make a few youtube videos on ats and ets mp and this is hindering it someone plz help

umm.PNG

10 answers to this question

How much RAM do you have? Try closing programs/tabs in browser, which you don't use at the moment, or upgrade the RAM if your computer allows it.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Please check your AntiVirus Program and add the Launcher to its Whitelist or temporarily turn off your AV Program.

I have experienced some AV Programs that do slow down the start up of the launcher

----------------------

Please ensure that you have selected the correct installation path for the game. Mine is  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2

Otherwise right click on the Launcher and go to properties and go to the compatibility tab and check the box to run as admin (run the Launcher as admin)

Hello,

what you would need to do to fix this error is verify integrity of game cache and re install MP then hopefully your issue will be solved. You can also try running your game as administrator. You can do this by right clicking Euro Truck Simulator 2 on the desktop and press 'Run As Administrator' and this may also solve your situation

Can you give us full PC specs?

Also could you take a new screenshot unedited with the error? I might add it to my guide.

Also start by cleaning your temp files with CCleaner for example and we will see about the next step.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

On 6/26/2017 at 8:28 PM, PrototypeGR said:

Also start by cleaning your temp files with CCleaner for example and we will see about the next step.

^ Have you tried this step?

Hi again,

Please follow these steps as well.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

On 2017-6-26 at 8:43 AM, BlocKing said:

Hello,

what you would need to do to fix this error is verify integrity of game cache and re install MP then hopefully your issue will be solved. You can also try running your game as administrator. You can do this by right clicking Euro Truck Simulator 2 on the desktop and press 'Run As Administrator' and this may also solve your situation

tried still comes up with the error

13 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

^ Have you tried this step?

Hi again,

Please follow these steps as well.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

yes i have tried the ccleaner step

You may need to adjust the paging file size. There's a chance that the paging file is too small. 

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/simple-ways-to-increase-your-computers-performace-configuring-the-paging-file/

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel