CB-Radio - Quick button to mute the yelling guy

[TPL] Bialy

CB-Radio - Quick button to mute the yelling guy

Quick button should Mute or add actualy yelling guy to personal blacklist. It would be nice to get opportunnity to review this list if someone will be blacklisted by accident (i.e because of lags). List can be cleared every boot or can be stored on truckersmp.com.

There is no need to visualize this.

It's a common problem with idiots  generating annoing sounds on CB radio. It can be a problem when we use speakers or we can talk on TS3 with friends and we met yelling idiot impossible to mute. Even turn off the CB is not always posible during driving.

One "shut up" button can save us :)

• Upvote 1

There is a also a volume option called "Voice volume" which if you turn it off you don't hear anybody.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

I think this is a great idea.  Especially when you have one of those kids imploding on their microphone. 

I think the best way would be to type /mute 1234 into chat. Or if the online list gets organised then this would be solved because you'd only scroll to their number and press the sound icon

7 hours ago, Smalley - Truckers.FM said:

Or, just turn off the CB radio all together. Then it would solve every problem in your book lol. 

Ok. So I hope you are switching to single player mode when someone hit your car or block you in the multiplayer?

You just stop using multiplayer because of the trolls, right?

Great news! Admins are not needed anymore!;)

CB-Radio is to talk to players near to you. Not as a team chat generally.

-1 you can easily just switch channels in that area and report the guy who is being too load for improper use of the CB radio, nine times out of ten, people have the CB either on a separate channel to talk to friend or off because it's not real,y needed for everyone.

perhaps in the tab menu there could be a mute icon so you just press tab- scroll to the person talking and hit mute or hit mute all local or mute all global.

You can already do this using the in-game tab button. Click the person's name and press the sound button at the left bottom corner of your tab display to specifically mute him/her.

Alternatively, you may want to switch the CB off or change it's channel / Use third party programs with your friends (Discord, TS3 etc..)

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

On 6/27/2017 at 4:53 PM, RoachCoach said:

Alternatively, you may want to switch the CB off or change it's channel

This suggestion does not help use CB-radio as intended. It's like "stop using multiplayer to avoid being rammed or sending reports.
I Want to use CB radio instead of switching off. But there is a need to stop abusers.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:53 PM, RoachCoach said:

You can already do this using the in-game tab button.

But consider this: Players use different type of steering. In my case I often use mouse steering with right click as a brake. Try to use tab then without crash.

I'm enjoying the trolling/ramming actually. I get to help ban clowns on the road who think-they-know/don't-care about road rules. With quicksave and quickloading at safe points, all trolls and rammers deal 0 damage to my truck + trailer while proof is uploaded to youtube and ban reports get approved so no biggie there, at least for me.

Likewise, "it's the commuters, not the CB radio system or any mute buttons" / "it's the commuters, not C-D road or any other routes in-game". You want the CB radio switched on and you don't choose to switch the channel and leave it on default 19 where you acknowledge/sort-of expect some form of abuse that comes with it. I understand your point of ease here and it's due to your personal choice of steering which is why you're suggesting this quick mute button but you're suggesting a quick mute button and a muted target blacklist.. that's 2 suggestions I believe.

So.. let's say this is actually considered to be placed into action; will you be asking for another button to view that personal blacklist? Or do you mean if you click that quick mute button, there is no way of viewing the blacklist and that the muted target gets added to this stored blacklist on TMP server. Then wouldn't it be a new way to abuse further? Sorry I'm really trying my best not to be critical, but what I don't understand is that you said it's a "personal blacklist"... then you said "cleared on every boot" and "or can be stored in truckersmp" - wouldn't that be a contradiction that on one hand it's a personal blacklist and on the other, a general list that everyone's muted targets are compiled into one TMP server list and therefore that's why you went on to say "opportunity to review this list"? - I don't know but it sounds like giving the team more work to do in terms of having to review every specific muted case? Also if it's a client sided blacklist, I believe it would sort-of take its toll on the servers like how people have suggested dashcams or in-game recorders and got denied in some way or another.

Maybe you could further elaborate on how you want this personal or client-sided blacklist and/or how its gonna work - may give us a better understanding of what you're exactly suggesting in reference to this muted target blacklist and what we can do with it or what only selected people can do with it. 

I've no idea why you have your brakes as your right button but no judgement, its your personal choice and I respect that. I will suggest to you though that if the current buttons are giving you a hard time with regards to other buttons for other features, maybe changing your controls to give yourself an easier time for now.

All in all, in comparison to your suggestion, I would rather just have /mute 1234 using the chat bar as what oolala1 stated.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

+1 This would be a very useful function, you can't always use the tab to mute someone if your driving or in heavy lag etc! It would also be great if there was a command that worked for " cb on/off " & " change channel " 

I would also like to see a blockpm option that only blocks individual/s * someone spams you or something & you blockpm * then you go to message an admin & remember you cant until you restart! 

2 hours ago, RoachCoach said:

but you're suggesting a quick mute button and a muted target blacklist.. that's 2 suggestions I believe.

This is misunderstanding. Offcourse I don't wan't  another button for blacklist.
That's why I mention about blacklist cleared every game boot (or certain time i.e. 1h) or the blacklist should be stored on player profile on truckersmp.com

I really don't wanna to make it hard to make and hard to use. Shortcut to mute abusers and then it can be automatically cleared (or managed outside the game). The idea is to make the CB radio usable and allow users to talk during random meetings during game. It's not usable when is switched off or on another (then 19) channel. Another channels should be used when randoms just play and talk constantly during game.

Of course is my choice which steering method I use. But even when I drive is impossible to move cursor and steering at the same time.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:45 AM, [TruckersPL] Bialy said:

Another channels should be used when randoms just play and talk constantly during game.

How can you say this and call other commuters randoms. Are you not a random yourself too in reference to that aspect? If you can tell randoms to use other channels for their chatter, all the more reason now other people would want to say the same to you, even if you were using the CB to organise a random meeting (as you call it). Next, how can you possibly categorize random meetings and judge which are valid to be used on channel 19 or not ?Or how do you know what could possibly sound like a spam from your perspective but just in a different language that you cannot comprehend, and it could actually be a random meeting (as you call it) being held?

You can't just rule out saying the idea of Channel 19 on the CB is to organise "random" meetings, because the big picture is for the community to INTERACT with EACH OTHER coupled with the FREEDOM to use ANY OTHER channel for whatever they wish, including channel 19, SO LONG as it is WITHIN TMP RULES of CB usage.

Example: I'm with my VTC in a planned/unplanned convoy, and then we see you. Can we call you a random? Absolutely NOT.

Why?: Simple, because we are all 'randoms' and of equal rank who are just utilizing the same road/route and playing the game using the TMP client.

We MAY only use the term "random" on TS3/Discord Voice, or on a private channel where we chat to label you as a random who isn't within our convoy/friendship on steam. That my friend, is what the term "random" represents.

The thing here, is that many people misunderstand AND MISUSE the term "random" when especially used across the CB.

Now that you have put it like that, here is a counter suggestion. Just a piece of advice:

- Switch off CB. When you want to talk to random (as you call it), turn CB back on. Turn CB off once you're done talking.

Likewise, 

- Leave CB on but switch to different channel. When you want to talk to a random (as you call it), switch CB to channel 19. Switch back to other channel once you're done talking.

The reason why I think it's not possible to ask the team to create a hotkey only based on the type of controls you use is because if the TMP team approved of such a suggestion, everyone would be asking for things based on how their settings were set and if they approved yours, they would have no choice but to be fair to others as well. And as you've seen how large this community is, that's gonna be a whole lot of changes which just simply isn't feasible. You said it's impossible to move your cursor and steering at the same time, so I'd infer that you are also having trouble reporting someone. If due to your controls and let's say you're still driving, you'd probably have to stop by the side and report someone since you have to use the tab list and cursor (are you then gonna ask for a hotkey to report someone?)

Also with regard to blacklist, if I'm wrong about this, please kindly correct me:

But from my understanding.. the current system now works the way you are suggesting. For eg. We are both on channel 19. I mute you, I logout. And the mute is cleared. I sign back in, and if you're still in the same area as me, I can hear you speaking on the CB again. Which is why I -1 your suggestion to having that blacklist.. since it's already working.

Hence for your other suggestion regarding the mute button, I would still rather the TMP team add the  "/mute" command instead of an extra hotkey/button to worry about.

As you've seen from the recent update, new "/" commands have been assigned in addition to the new admin view and new in-game report menu which is also superb and I think the update is a huge change in terms of easier usage to do certain stuff and that now trolls are easy to catch with IGAs being able to see a live/video feed of the last few minutes and as a non-admin, you can easily view Steam and TruckersMP details without even having to /pinfo the person.

Try all sorts of different workarounds (on how your controls work with other commands) for now, and if all is too hard for you, I suggest you use my counter suggestion to make things easier for you instead of insisting change.

Last but not least, the famous phrase and if you can see my forum signature.

Always don't forget to Record, Report, Upload Video, Web Report and Relax.

Yellers can yell spam their way to a ban for all I care :) You know you're doing the right thing, you know you're following the rules, nothing to fear. Don't let them yellers get to you and make you annoyed. 

Have a good one, and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.