"remove" old bans from profile page

DaFuse

Suggestion Name: "remove" old bans from profile page.

Suggestion Description: When you get bans they are shown at the profile-page and I have noticed that if a ban is older than 1 year, there is a dot that becomes yellow insted of green. Since many VTC`s check your profile for bans, I think that bans older than 1 or 2 or 3 years wil automaticly get removed from your profile so ONLY you get to see them. Here is an example, I have some bans:(. but nearly all of them are old(2015). In late 2015 i got a stearing wheel and a better computer so it was much easier to drive. If the old bans get automaticly removed, you won`t get rejected from some VTC`s because the bans are there. Because think about it, you may have become a better driver;)

Any example images: no

Why should it be added?: You get a "second" chance at a VTC or that it may show that you have been a better driver.

Do the crime, face the time. Bans are like a criminal history; they stick. 

As said above the yellow dot shows that it's inactive. 

There are many who don't have bans so I don't see any need to remove them

-1 Nope no way, as much as I'd love to see that one ban of mine (yellow dot now) gone and have a clean record :) the colour showing as yellow shows its inactive and for people that troll they should not have bans removed, everyone can make mistakes and might get banned for them but I'm sure most people and VTC's can see how a player is by their ban history, VTC's should see the ban history as it helps to see if someones a troll or not. It also shows people who have learnt from their mistakes or have changed from being trolls to good players

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

-1 I think the system is fine as it is right now. Your bans are on there just to keep the staff members up to date what you've been doing through your time on TMP. If you have an inactive ban then it no longer means anything apart from the fact it stays on your profile to show the staff members what you've done in the past. 

+1. New members of TruckersMP can easily make mistakes. Putting a list of rules in TruckersMP website and making new members to accept it does not solve the problems. Because, many of new members do not read those rules, they just tick "I am accepting TruckersMP rules." and move over to the download page. Most new users do not know the game rules at all. Of course, this doesn't give them the right to violate the game rules but if we want to stop the rule violations then we must ensure that new members of TruckersMP read the rules and understand them. Only after these steps are done, we can be sure that new players know the game rules. This can be done by making new players to wait for 5 or 10 minutes before they can tick the "I'm accepting the rules." option.

So, it is better to clear the punishment history of players with only 1 ban in 1 year.

Yes, developers, project managers, community managers, they have permission to delete the ban, and the game administratorhas no permissions

It is not recommended to remove the old ban,because if the system is automatically deleted, it is defective

because you don't know the reason why the player is banned!!!

The system is only a machine, it is not intelligent

If the player's ban has insults, racism, etc., then, if the ban is removed, how can the staff judge and analyze the players later?

In fact, a ban can also analyze players

Am I right?

21 minutes ago, BOSSENTERPRiSES said:

+1. New members of TruckersMP can easily make mistakes. Putting a list of rules in TruckersMP website and making new members to accept it does not solve the problems. Because, many of new members do not read those rules, they just tick "I am accepting TruckersMP rules." and move over to the download page. Most new users do not know the game rules at all. Of course, this doesn't give them the right to violate the game rules but if we want to stop the rule violations then we must ensure that new members of TruckersMP read the rules and understand them. Only after these steps are done, we can be sure that new players know the game rules. This can be done by making new players to wait for 5 or 10 minutes before they can tick the "I'm accepting the rules." option.

So, it is better to clear the punishment history of players with only 1 ban in 1 year.

If new players just click they accept to the mp rules without actually reading them then that's their own fault if they get banned. It wont stop the rule breaking either as its the internet, instead of reading the rules for 10 minutes they will just open another tab and watch youtube or even check facebook. If they get banned then I think they would be smart enough by going back to the list of rules to try and trick the admin out to prove that they've kicked/banned them for no utter reason but turns out they've read the rules to try and find the rule which they have got banned/kick which is on the rules list.

@Smalley - Truckers.FM, I did not say let's unban new players who commited an offense, I said we can clear the punishment histories of them if they don't do it again in a year. A player whether read the in-game rules or not is responsible of his/her acts. I just suggested that if we make the new players wait for a period of time and make them read the rules, we can decrease the violations in the game.

37 minutes ago, BOSSENTERPRiSES said:

it is better to clear the punishment history of players with only 1 ban in 1 year.

@Smalley - Truckers.FM, it is way better than if they just click "I accept the rules" without reading those rules. If 1/10 of players are reading the rules before downloading TruckersMP now, 5/10 of players will read the rules when we make them have to wait before accepting the rules. There is no way to prevent rammers or trollers completely but we can minimize the damage they can give.

^

It doesn't matter, no matter how long you force people to sit on the rules page, you'll find only 2/10 will read all the rules, 3/10 will read just the first couple and 5/10 will just spam the button to continue. Besides, if people aren't prepared to be proactive enough to check the rules and regulations themselves, then they deserve to be punished for their actions, it's as simple as that, I mean come on, do you think the polive will just give you a tap on the wrist for breaking the rules of the road just because you didn't read all of them or are new to driving? 

As for the the idea of removing old bans, no, as long as the ban served is legitimate and not a mistake by admins etc, then no, it should never be removed because it doesn't show to people that you can learn from mistakes, if they're removed, then people will just drive like jackasses more because it doesn't effect them long term anymore. No, the only bans that should be removed are those made by mistake or that have no proof that the person committed a crime.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quote.

As alot of people have stated when you join the rules are there its your own fault if you didn't both reading them if you didn't read them there is posts in multiple languages for rules when the rules get updated administrators in game will use there special chat that everyone can see and tell you if you don't go check what has changed your fault for not following them there are plenty of times to read them it wont kill you to take 5 minutes to read them and removing bans is rewarding players in a aspect they get banned as many times as they can then stop when they will get banned forever know all the times they get banned before the forever ban they wont have it on record and they will apply for mod and the ban isn't there for the mod leader and others who go through them to know you history which means they may pick someone who has been banned 4 times and that is a reward to them cause now they feel in control and if they get removed from record there not idiots they will say they never get banned and there is 1 million people using TMP at this stage the people who did get banned the staff team cant remember every single name

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.