Make it so you have to apply for cars ?

riskywhale

Hello truckers I am making this to see what people think of the cars in game so right now in game car can hit us and stop us right here or send us out of the map and this can stop the fun in the game I know a lot of people who have left ETS and ATS because of this  I think that we need to make it so people have to apply for it and this might be able to stop the trolls and if the dev team can fix it so they can't just stop us right there can people please vote on this 

Thank you Truckers 

Risky

Edited by riskywhale
  • Upvote 5

Just a word of advice you may want to use the following format when suggesting something, or most likely it will be automatically denied.

For example:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

But I agree / disagree with this it would have it's pros and cons but realistically if a car rams you or does something against the rules just report them and or use the web reports and said user will be punished. While there are a lot of trolls who use the cars there are respectable drivers out there who drive the car to get out of a truck every now and then. 

Just now, FirestarteR93 said:

IMO ability to restrict certain users (aka trolls) from cars will be the better option  (we won't have to deal with over 1 000 000 apps for the car + its kinda better - every new user gets access to the car and he'll be restricted from the car if he is abusing it)

I do see where you are coming from you guys will have to do some many apps every day but it has to be better than us every day we go out of the app or can we get the devs to maybe fix it so the car is not super powerful 

Just now, Riley [EN-US] said:

Just a word of advice you may want to use the following format when suggesting something, or most likely it will be automatically denied.

For example:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

But I agree / disagree with this it would have it's pros and cons but realistically if a car rams you or does something against the rules just report them and or use the web reports and said user will be punished. While there are a lot of trolls who use the cars there are respectable drivers out there who drive the car to get out of a truck every now and then. 

Oh sorry mate I have never post a lot before 

• Upvote 1

I will admit this is a good idea. There won't be much complaints in game about cars. I think this should be added. And I think you should have some playing time in game before actually driving in game. This will help new comers learn how to actually drive before trusting them with a car which isn't so easy as a truck is. Good idea 

+1 

Good / bad, usually you apply for something for a reason, but the cars have no reason, you can't do anything with them. So as long as the cars are useless, apps should not happen. Cars are there for a different experience, to add the feeling of AI and just by bad luck they ended up being the trolls attachment. As said above, the better option would be restricting cars. Rather than having 1.5 million people apply to use them, for at the end of the day, no reason.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

Hi guys, my opinion about that is : that isnt a good idea..  ( -1 )

Why : 

1) Because i dont want to apply for driving a car and still having the same fun as now, and i respect all other driver as befor..

2) Troll / bad drivers are everywhere, in any city you cant control them and if you try to limit troll to play they will use there truck to troll instead ..

3) if you have been get troll by a car, just make a report :  ( you need to get a record / replay + /pinfo ... )

Spoiler

4) the ''Dev team '' i'm sure they have many other priority instead of making this kind of idea/apply system... 

5) as said befor you need to use the format or your suggestion will mostly be rejected.. : 

Spoiler

For example:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

6) please use the search bar( under your name at the right side ) function next time, you will have more answer given befor( if you dont find what you looking for, you can use google.ca TruckersMP +  what you looking for ( enter ) the first result ( or Other Result for truckersmp.com, under the first result )  : 

'''in game car can hit us and stop us right here or send us out of the map and this can stop the fun'''  -take a recorder and report them

'''his might be able to stop the trolls and if the dev team can fix it '''  -a troll will alway troll and find a way to troll anywhere.. 

but i do agree it frustrating but not enough to make apply for use the car or anything similar.. 

-1 Trucks can crash into you and send you flying aswell and cause problems etc it is not only cars, it is not only cars that troll, there are just as many trucks that troll as there are cars. Some DRIVERS are the problem NOT the cars. Really getting fed up with people blaming cars for everything, I play MP in the busy areas nearly every day so I see alot and I can tell you one thing that is FACT - there are just as many trolls in trucks as cars, some days it might be more cars and other days more trucks but a fairly good mixture of both causing problems. Record and report the trolls and if you really hate cars then use EU1.

No one should have to apply to use the cars just like no one has to apply to use the trucks - both can and are use to troll and cause problems (not one more so then the other) so it would be extremely unfair to bring in a system like this and pointless cause the trolls would just use trucks instead.

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Hi @riskywhale,

-1 in my opinion. Judging by how long reports and other things take nowadays I can only imagine how clogged up the TMP team is, and having as said 1 million users apply for the car would only cause more problems. Besides, what kind of application will it be? If its a simple application where you apply, get accepted and that's it, any smart troll can easily make something up and get the car. If its something complex like actually going through a series of tests, how in the world would this work with the ratio of TMP staff < players. 

Regards,

sko0923

I think a better idea would be (like on csgo community servers you can limit the number of awps there are), this would be to limit the number of scouts are allowed on the server to say 100.  Therefore after the 100 limit is reached no-one else can get in a scout and drive it

2 hours ago, oolala11 said:

I think a better idea would be (like on csgo community servers you can limit the number of awps there are), this would be to limit the number of scouts are allowed on the server to say 100.  Therefore after the 100 limit is reached no-one else can get in a scout and drive it

but what happen if:( exemple ) you got 1200 player who want to drive in there car in the peek hours(on eu2...) (think about it 30sec how many forum complain we will see ?? ) '' Oh i want use the car but server is full ... Server full of car blablabla etc.... '' 

And you will need to enforce a time limit on the use of the car .. coz i can stay connected like 9 hours in the peek hours to troll everyone else ?

the suggestion is to complex to put that on any server.. ( for now.. ) .. 

EU2 ( as exemple ) alway/everyday have a peek hours of 4/7 hours per day ... where the server is full + a 100-150 player queue ... and watch it on ( https://truckersmp.com/status ) and how i know this ??? i have used my brain and think about the idea and just trying to see if it was a posible good idea or not .... ( for now and in the future ) my result is : no this will lead to more problem that it ... and as i stated above : And you will need to enforce a time limit on the use of the car .. coz i can stay connected like 9 hours in the peek hours to troll everyone and have a car..

56 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

Limiting the server to only 100 cars would be incredibly unfair, there should be no limit to the amount of cars, there are loads of people that drive the cars and do not troll.

People really need to get this fact and stop complaining about the cars - DRIVERS are the problem Not cars

There is no need to do anything with the cars (except maybe improve the brakes) other then report the ones that troll and they will get banned, EU2 is not the only server there are other options including EU1 with no cars so if anyone cannot deal with cars being in MP then just go there - EU3 is pretty busy but not total chaos like EU3 if you still want traffic and cars and no speed limit.

Otherwise just record and report the trolls and stop whining about the cars <_<

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

-1 it's a good idea, but it's just not going to stop trolls from making applications on clean profiles and then going berserk in the cars. Whereas everyone else gets the pro algae taken away because they have to wait for their application to go through. 

Honestly, a better way would be to split the punishments between in truck and in car and anyone with in car punishments have to apply and be certified etc to have the privilege, that way those who do nothing wrong don't have to go through the wait of appying and all that, it also then helps admins see who has been punished for what in which vehicle becauseat the moment, if someone gets a ramming ban, unless you look at the evidence etc, it could be a car or a truck.

I totally agree with Killua

^

EU2 is not the only server there are other options including EU1 with no cars so if anyone cannot deal with cars being in MP then just go there - EU3 is pretty busy but not total chaos like EU3 if you still want traffic and cars and no speed limit.

Otherwise just record and report the trolls and stop whining about the cars.

^

So I disagree with the suggestion

@riskywhale, I see the point in your suggestion and I find it logical. But, applications will be a huge problem since the staff already have a lot work to do. They need to keep the servers runnin', review the in-game and web reports, doing their other duties etc. Let's not expand their duties.

Report any player with or without Scout which disturbs you. Use the in-game or web report system, believe me they will be dealt with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.