Error Timeout trying again

Rasmus (SWE)

Question

hey, i need help with my ets 2 multiplayer, when it want to load the severs it only says Timeout trying again but nothing happens and i cant log in or choose sever. can someone help me ?     

I hope someone can help me    

This is my problem.

Namnlösk.png

17 answers to this question

Open control panel and click on system and security.  Then click on Windows update and check for updates in the left sized panel. 

If there are updates install them

Hi,

Alright, so the backstory is I have had a friend experience the same issues. I gave him plenty of solutions to do with the firewall, antivirus, flushing the dns e.t.c None of them seemed to work.

He did however manage to find his own solution - He found that a program called uTorrrent was affecting his ability to play online due to some ports being blocked. Please exit uTorrent or any other torrent software such as BitTorrent e.t.c  if you have them installed.

If it still fails to work, there are a few ports you you could try open through your firewall. @oolala11 mentioned a few ports to open in one of his solutions in the past, most likely he will comment which ports you need to open once he sees this. 

Try the above and I shall give you another solution if this does not work.

Hi there mayby i have few solution for you and wish it will work .. :

Please make this method then try again 

Try to flush your DNS  : there you will need to find yours windows and follow the guide.. 

Check your AV/Firewall software.  ( if it updated ) 

Reboot your router or modem. ( unplug it wait 30 sec and replug it.. )

Game cache ( here a video ) : 

Spoiler

-Re/Install ETS2

-Re/Install ETS2:MP

let me know if those solution have resolve your problem .. ?

if not you may have to contact support team and wait for there answer :

Have a good day :)

21 hours ago, Rasmus Hedberg04 said:

what is DNS?

Hi, 

DNS: which stands for domain name system, controls your domain name's website and email settings. When visitors go to your domain name, its DNS settings control which company's server it reaches out to. 

flushing your DNS, can help you with some problem with the game, so if you follow the website  : whatsmydns.net ,you have a list of all operating system and tell you how to do it.. ( super easy ) ..

did your problem is now solved ? or you still have the same problem ?