AI Vehicles to ATS

cathalgall

Name: Cathalgall

Game: ATS

Suggestion:

The servers in ATSMP are not really much in it for me it feels empty compared to ETS, Implemnet and server with AI vehicles driving around to ad Realism to it and you feel like your not the only one on the road and the roads are not empty. Sure they are people on it but not many.

The problem is when you play single player the AI traffic load only around you. Now if you want AI traffic for MP it has to load the entire map and has to sync with you and everyone else. Which would be a waste for the server resources.

Why not try finding a active VTC or find people to run loads with?

Riley.

Edited by K0rnholio

Syncing this for all users would be an utter nightmare and will cause many issues as said above.

Also, imagine the chaos if you had the suicidal AI drivers as long as the trolls and crazy MP drivers.  It would be total chaos.

So I do not agree with this idea and give -1

Hello @cathalgall please use the format below while making a suggestion:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Whether a server is empty or not, enabling the AI traffic in a multiplayer server will cause a great chaos. First, the synchronization will be an issue due to changes in the flow of traffic. Second, AI traffic may cause FPS drop and performance decrease in multiplayer. Last, American Truck Simulator servers may not be empty in the future. There is no guarantee of that. When more players start playing ATS, AI traffic will be a concrete problem.

1 hour ago, BOSSENTERPRiSES said:

Hello @cathalgall please use the format below while making a suggestion:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Whether a server is empty or not, enabling the AI traffic in a multiplayer server will cause a great chaos. First, the synchronization will be an issue due to changes in the flow of traffic. Second, AI traffic may cause FPS drop and performance decrease in multiplayer. Last, American Truck Simulator servers may not be empty in the future. There is no guarantee of that. When more players start playing ATS, AI traffic will be a concrete problem.

I know in a few years it will most likely end up like ETS servers yeah but for the time being until we reach that point where we see it growing, I'm stating make one American Server with AI along with other players so therefore if people cant handle the it with the FPS they have the option to join the other server with no AI.

• Upvote 1

Hi @cathalgall,

-1 personally. As stated above it would probably be chaos, plus I think AI is what singleplayer is for. In multiplayer there should be no AI, it should be only be real people driving vehicles, regardless if the roads are empty or not. Plus, I think people would stop paying attention to which vehicle's are being controlled by a human and which are being controlled by AI, which would lead to people not being so cautious, following real people too closely when they think its AI and having them lag, recklessly driving around them expecting them not to move out of their lane, etc etc. Plus, I can't even imagine the server lag which would happen if you placed 100 thousand if not more AI vehicles around the map and synced them for everybody. Its probably unrealistic at this day and age.

Regards,

sko0923

-1 Adding AI will bring a world of issues from syncing for everyone, to trolls blocking off roads and causing tailbacks of AI, not to mention the lag, I mean, the game would have to not only load your truck and trailer, plus all the other playertrucksa d trailers connected to the server AND then load in dozens of AI vehicles and paths... it would be a nightmare for anyone who doesn't have triple 1080s and Ryzen or latest Intel processors to stay above 30 FPS. 

Not or to mention adding AI to MP has been sugested multiple times in the past with the same conclusions being drawn up.

• 1 month later...

As mentioned above, suggestions like this have been rejected in the past.  Please use the search function next time.

Spoiler

It will cause a huge strain on our servers.

Rejected

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.