Automatically detect when a Skoda has a trailer

+1 We've had enough with people who are driving cars with trailers, won't F6 and Enter to cancel their jobs and won't listen to other helpful instructions that other users give on that matter.

Users should be instructed to F6 and Enter first, and then about five minutes after that they will get autokicked, and this saves admins plenty of time to deal with more serious offences. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/09/2017 at 2:54 AM, [RusTK] Alex KERNEL said:

@Supersam The idea is interesting, makes sense. But maybe we should start reading the rules? Absolute protection from idiots had not yet been invented.

@[RusTK] Alex KERNEL Late reply on this 1 been busy.... Respect your opinion but how many players break the rules? How many players have even read the rules? It would be better to get these trolls off of the road and make it so they can't even have the chance to haul a trailer... I get some players like to do it offline but for those players they can just disconnect their WiFi/Ethernet the minute they join online... 

19 hours ago, Supersam said:

How many players have even read the rules? It would be better to get these trolls off of the road and make it so they can't even have the chance to haul a trailer...

Most read the rules after the first ban. If there is a rule that prohibits taking a trailer, this rule must be observed. If the player did not read the rules, then the player problem, not the developers problem. I already wrote earlier that there is no ideal protection against idiots. In my opinion, there are more interesting tasks for developers. And for those who ignore the rules - there are bans. 

On 10.10.2017 at 12:05 AM, Supersam said:

I get some players like to do it offline but for those players they can just disconnect their WiFi/Ethernet the minute they join online... 

Sorry, I did not understand what you mean :(

10.jpg?_1693113983

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 10:09 PM, [RusTK] Alex KERNEL said:

Most read the rules after the first ban. If there is a rule that prohibits taking a trailer, this rule must be observed. If the player did not read the rules, then the player problem, not the developers problem. I already wrote earlier that there is no ideal protection against idiots. In my opinion, there are more interesting tasks for developers. And for those who ignore the rules - there are bans. 

Sorry, I did not understand what you mean :(

Late reply... So if you was to play online and you want to use your Skoda (Since when you switch to SP the Skoda turns into a truck) For those players then can easily disconnect their wifi so they do not get banned/kicked from the server to haul trailers

^ that shouldn't be a problem since disconnecting would also kick the player from the MP server anyway (for not having a connection/unable to connect/connectivity issues).

They may be able to haul the trailer with a car, but they will be in an "empty" world where they can't cause any disruption(s) towards others in the online MP world

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

14 hours ago, MettleMeat said:

^ that shouldn't be a problem since disconnecting would also kick the player from the MP server anyway (for not having a connection/unable to connect/connectivity issues).

They may be able to haul the trailer with a car, but they will be in an "empty" world where they can't cause any disruption(s) towards others in the online MP world

That's true.... To be honest played my 1st game last night when no admins were online as its was at stupid o clock and never saw 1 car haul a trailer so I think it only happens on rare occasions lol... 

8 hours ago, Mr_Pingu said:

+1 i think this is possible as the game can detect when the trailer attaches onto a part that is exclusively on the skoda.

Just depends how long it takes to code it into game but i'm sure it won't be too long considering they have coded alot into the game to make it better :)

@[RusTK] Alex KERNEL It's not always that people need to read the rules. Two nights ago I watched two drivers in Skodas grab trailers in Duisberg and start down D-C road. We warned them both in chat and via CB Radio, and their response was basically they "don't care if they get banned" and "they were bored". The player count was right around 560 at the time (probably around 4am GMT). They were reported via the in-game tool, but of course, there were no admins on.

Considering that your ticket system has a backlog of reports, a feature like this would reduce the need for filing reports altogether and would ease the workload of your administration team AND players who take the time to file reports. I have the video of the event, but that's MY time I have to take out of what I'm doing to file that report, and YOUR time to respond to it. Some players just don't care that they're eating OUR time.

So yes, I fully support this idea.

• Upvote 1

knepgi-5.png

@Curve I've been there, a couple of times, but once I told the player/s that what they were doing was forbidden and could lead to a ban, they released their trailers and went away without them, one of them even thanked me for the warning. But, I have to say that in your situation, when those players kept with the trailers after being warned, I'd definately take the time to send a web report with the video. It's clear that some players don't have any interest in the game, they just want to have THEIR fun, no matter if that interferes with other players' fun or if they are acting against the rules. Well, the way to let them know that things work in a different way is by getting them banned. They don't care? They will when they get the one month ban. Or when it's the three months one. And if they still don't care after that... Then, sooner rather than later, we won't have to care about them anymore. Karma.

EDIT: About the topic, I don't know how easy would be to implement that code, but like someone said earlier, if they were able to set an auto-kick feature for players with certain trailers when "touching" a certain area, I believe that they would be able to set another auto-kick for players when trying to attach a trailer to a Scout car. And it would avoid many problems, so it's a +1 from me.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
Forgot my reply to the topic
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

+1 this is a really good idea as it means there will be less idiots out on the roads who think that it is ok to break the rules. It would also pass the report system as you could sort of class this as one of the more serious things that shouldn't happen in game as even though it may look funny, the little car and massive trailers, it breaks the server rules.

On 6/23/2017 at 12:24 AM, oolala11 said:

This would be really useful. Not an auto ban but auto kick would be good. 

Yes, I agree, If there could be a sort of algorithm that would also see BEFORE (ex. the person is in a Skoda and sets a GPS for a job) it would automatically kick or warn him

Edited by MettleMeat
Removed unnecessary tag as quote already tags user.

TheGreekGeek

TruckersMP Player

:troll:

• 2 weeks later...

Its a awesome idea. Its kinda sad when you see skoda pulling a trailer, some times i have seen skoda pulling heavy cargo trailer and even doubles:(. best solution is to upgrade car which can't attach a trailer or auto kick to server with a warning would be nice. suppose if a player gets warned 5 times for car with trailer is equal to 1-7 days ban :P.

• True Story 1

UxiKSFa.png