Found a Bug by Getting Banned

Orang-e

Topic Title: In-game name not showing correctly on Appeal Page

TruckersMP ID: 1180771

How to reproduce:

1. Make sure to have different names on TruckersMP and Steam.
  2. Do something so that you get banned(This is for the testing purposes only, I am not encouraging anyone to break TruckersMP rules).
  3. On the appeal page, you will see the wrong name under this category "Your In-game name when banned"

Source:

My appeal page - https://truckersmp.com/appeals/view/74093 (I have attached a screenshot of the appeal page if you are not able to see it, I believe admins can.)

Evidence - http://imgur.com/zWCRjpM

As you can see that the person who got banned in-game has a different name as compared to the appeal page.

Possible Fixes below in Spoiler below

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Rant :
There was an update on TruckersMP regarding use of TruckersMP Name as in-game name rather than Steam Name on April 14 2017(it may be April 13 for some timezone).
Many people including me made forum posts/threads to revert this change.
But TruckersMP admins/mods supported this update because its easier for them to identify people In-game, forums & on the TruckersMP website.
Source: 

It looks like to me that what TruckersMP is currently doing is contradictory ??
On one side they say its easier for Admins... while on the other hand they are still using wrong names. 

Decide what you want to use.
I am assuming this bug is present since that day. (thats over 2 months)

I know that this isn't a game breaking bug. But it is still a bug.

Possible Fix for the above mentioned Bug:
You just need to fetch the name from correct Field of the table.

Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting for some sort of acknowledgement / confirmation / explanation on this matter.

Another Rant in spoiler below.. Not forcing anyone to read.

Spoiler

Rant#2:

Was I the first one to witness this bug?

If yes, then allegedly this shows that how much TruckersMp admins (not pointing towards anyone, talking in general) give attention to appeals.

Explanation:

1. I got banned. I made an appeal
2. Admin didn't even notice that the name showed on the appeal page has a different name on it.. when compared to evidence.
3. This shows how much attention an Admin allegedly gives to your appeals. If they had properly viewed it... they would be the first one to submit a bug report about this matter, not me.
4.This bug was present for over 2 months.. when i noticed it.. So, does this mean that in those 2 months... the appeals that were made.. each and every admin allegedly didn't even bother to give attention to appeals. If they had.. this bug would have been found.

I wonder why no one from the TruckersMp staff has even replied on this post.

• 3 weeks later...

That part of the appeals page was known, it's a piece of legacy that will be removed as it's no longer representative of the actual ban content.

Staff knew about it as we made them aware of this change while users may not have been made aware of this too the same degree.

The actual name of that field is "steam_name", so the field was true up until a couple of months ago. It's a non-critical thing.

• 1 year later...