Appealing not active bans - - revisioned

Description: give the users the possibility to appeal to no more active bans

Reason: well I'd like to explain it with an example.

One week ago i received a 1 day ban that I didn't ever notice. Then, Yesterday, I randomly opened the site and found it. You will say: if it's not active why do you want to appeal? Well,because i'm one step closer to the 1 month ban,but i really don't deserve it.

Why am I posting this again?

Because I did what I was told to do in that discussion, writing to the mail support, but with this experience, and after an explanation of the support itself, I'm now more convinced that my suggestion can be a good one.

They told me that the mail is not used from the moderators that usually deal with reports,but only from the "important administrators"  and that administrators are there for different cases (bad rejectings,problems...).

So reporting not active bans there is a bit off topic.

Lastly, I want to discuss the reason of the rejection: "appealing not active bans would increase the amount of work of the moderators".

This is not correct. Bans are all the same and it doesn't matter if they are active or not,they are moderators' bread.

Thanks for reading.

I will -1 this.  A ban is like a criminal record, it stays on record forever.  Yes people make mistakes, but what is important is learning from them.  I don't think there is any need to remove a ban.  But if you have one ban and no more, it shows you've changed.  Everyone makes mistakes but learning from a mistake is another thing.  There are staff with bans on their account so it is not that important.  If you re offend that's a different matter.

And also, if the ban is more than 1 year old it shows with a yellow dot rather than a green one.  So there is a way of distinguishing.  

The last bit of your suggestion did not make sense to me.

And regarding your one step closer to your month ban, you can email the feedback email regarding your appeal (and I'm guessing since it is not active then the appeal system will not work.  Click here to see how to contact them.  If it is overturned then it will not count towards the one month ban.  But you should not be thinking of that and should have learned the rules and not give the chance to be banned again.  Imagine everyone appealing their inactive bans, you can imagine the workload.    

Edited by DFGssadWGEYGTWESGasadfdy
emphasising my point

41 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

I will -1 this.  A ban is like a criminal record, it stays on record forever.  Yes people make mistakes, but what is important is learning from them.  I don't think there is any need to remove a ban.  But if you have one ban and no more, it shows you've changed.  Everyone makes mistakes but learning from a mistake is another thing.  There are staff with bans on their account so it is not that important.  If you re offend that's a different matter.

And also, if the ban is more than 1 year old it shows with a yellow dot rather than a green one.  So there is a way of distinguishing.  

The last bit of your suggestion did not make sense to me.

And regarding your one step closer to your month ban, you can email the feedback email regarding your appeal (and I'm guessing since it is not active then the appeal system will not work.  Click here to see how to contact them.  If it is overturned then it will not count towards the one month ban.  But you should not be thinking of that and should have learned the rules and not give the chance to be banned again.   

My point =====> *

You===> *

Please read and try to understand

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.