ETS2 Local Radio

¦EUROTRANS¦ Nasteb [FR]

Yo, the community,  

I hope you are well under the heat, think of our friends who do Ramadan (like me), in short. Our team found a exceptional mod,

and it's compatible with the multiplayer mod.

The principle is simple, you download the mod installer, you start the mod on your desktop and after your game, the mod will take your GPS coordinates, and will put you radio nearby, awesome, no ?  

Overview of the mod interface:

Owe5j2D2QhGRX_mZguFiRw.png

Web page :  

nKar48QKQrWtDHUHmoHuAQ.png 

So I'm in Brussels, so logically I have the Belgian radios:

y8YCstA0SiizqLPd8cvJ_Q.png

ucR579dOTcm0zDC8G76Gvw.png

Here is the coverage map of the radios:

Z4SmJQUzQ_i3pDeHnWSV4w.png  

I sent a mail to the author of the mod, to add some french radios ^^  

Description of the mod :

ETS2/ATS Local Radio plays radio from where you are, in ETS2. Feel the immersion when the Swedish radio plays in Sweden, and the Polish radio in Poland. It will switch automatically, while also allowing you to switch stations while driving.

ETS2 Local Radio contains over 500 radio stations that you could realistically listen to if you were driving in that actual country. Most national radio stations are included; see the full list at the bottom of this page. It does not include radio stations that you would not be able to receive over FM or DAB in that country, like TruckersFM. However, you can add those yourself if you so desire.

Author page: https://koenvh.nl

Link to download the mod: https://koenvh.nl/en/projects/ets2-local-radio

GitHub Link: https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio/releases

Thanks to @chatyo, he had found the mod ^^

@Nasteb [FR] Thank you for the opening post :), I don't think that I've got anything to add to that.

Well, once small thing:

If you submit a new radio station for, let's say, France, then please make sure that the station covers at least a reasonable portion of France. I don't like rejecting submissions, but when a station is only available in Paris, then I won't add it, as it would not be realistic.

@koenvh

Hello :)

So yesterday or saturday, i've send to you a message with a "local radio", many radio in france is national, but we have many local radio, just in a region, like Alsace, I've send to you CeriseFM radio, you said it's not realistic, idk if this situation exist on the other country, but wiew the radio coverage of CeriseFM :

frequences.jpg

This portion represent this on ETS2 :

pR7NB6F.jpg

The red rectangle

Have a nice day,

Chatyo

Best Regards,

chatyo

@chatyo Sure, they exist everywhere. However, making them available throughout France would not be realistic, as you'd realistically only be able to listen to it.

Let us take a local radio station from France as an example:

Imagine a radio station that has a range of 50km in real life (which is quite a lot), so a diameter of 100km. Now, ETS2 has a scale of 1:19, so that would be 5.26km in ETS2. If you drive at 80km/h, you'll be able to listen to it for 0.066 hours or about four minutes, which is less than the time of one song. And that's when you go right through the middle of the coverage circle, it will be even shorter if you don't. You can already see (or actually hear) this problem by driving through Luxembourg, as Luxembourg is quite a small country.

The problem you create then is that the radio constantly switches stations, which is not really desirable. I worked around this in ATS, where radio stations are licensed per city instead of per state, by making the range unrealistically large and making it switch later than in ETS2, but the problem still exists there too.

So that's why I don't include local stations; I either have to give them an unrealistically wide range or you will constantly switch stations ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived