When people are banned they have a kind of 'tag' put on their vehicles

I think that to reduce trolls, say if a person is banned for 3 days,they have a kind of automatic tag or tracker put on them and if they are reported 3 or more times in a row, they should be banned for the same time as the ban before. This should be done automatically. If the problem persists, then the admin can then take further steps to take the trolls off the road.

• Upvote 1

Please follow the suggestion format 

Spoiler

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

People report for anything and this would be unfair.  Also there is already something for how ban times are given as shown below 

If you report someone and they have 3 previous bans then their ban will be 1 month.  

The current system works totally fine as long as everyone is patient.

This scenario:

I and several friends in-game are out to troll and cause mayhem. We see a tagged player nearby and know that this is an easy way to get him banned for a greater length resulting on one rather angry player who now can't enjoy MP for a while. Result is that we will happily report anyone and everyone. Counter productive eh!

Do your still think this is a good idea?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Slice'N'Dice said:

This scenario:

I and several friends in-game are out to troll and cause mayhem. We see a tagged player nearby and know that this is an easy way to get him banned for a greater length resulting on one rather angry player who now can't enjoy MP for a while. Result is that we will happily report anyone and everyone. Counter productive eh!

Do your still think this is a good idea?

I see was just suggesting and hoping that people on multiplayer are nicer than they really are lol (only some of them) :)

• Upvote 1

-1 the issue is that you're basically putting a lot of the normal report/ban system in the hands of an automatic system which cannot determine between real and fake reports and who cannot see the full scenario that may occur. Meaning people who are innocent end up being punished, while trolls still get away with their actions.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quote. No need to quote the first post of the thread.

Hi @Branchflower18,

-1. I think the current ban system is fine, and like I saw in a few other threads for the "vote to kick", or similar, something like this can easily be abused by trolls, especially with only 3 reports required like you stated. Just find yourself 2 troll friends, and you are good to go. Hope you understand.

Regards,

sko0923.

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.