Driveable AI traffic cars

C?nnell

+1
Folks, we already know it is a Truck sim, but in real life trucks "live" in the same habitat as cars, don't they? What would be a truck simulator without cars? Do you really think a "truck only" world would be better? Trolls drive cars and trucks, and this will only give some more realism (that many people want) and some more variety to the game.
Really loved the idea, nice to see it in "Open for discussion".
Drive safe!

^

when multiplayer started only had roads now only have trolls cars

more I agree yes for more cars would give more realism to the game of course that will have more bagunca to control and only put more administrators in the game

Edited by MettleMeat
Removed unnecessary quotation. Do use ^ or @<user> for responses related to full posts directly above.
  • Confused 1

^

I have seen lots of trolls in cars, but also in trucks with and without trailers. I have also seen car drivers that drive better than truck drivers. If someone wants to troll he will make it, it wouldn't matter the vehicle.

Edited by MettleMeat
Removed unnecessary quotation. Do use ^ or @<user> for responses related to full posts directly above.

I think it's a mixed bag because you have to still makr an interior for them, at least the exterior is done but still there will be some work on them because these cars have physics of a rock probably.... they follow a coded line and not drive as they want 

So it's a +1 for me because i would like to see more variety of cars... i know it's a trucksim just for explore i would like to drive cars instead of trucks

Edited by buksikutya77
Extending my verdict

The cars are not an official SCS vehicle. For the MP team to add them in, it would take a lot of time that they do not want to waste. Driving cars mostly means no objective. 

Yes, this is a truck sim and we should stick to the truck sim. SCS never have put cars in the game because its not what the game is meant to have. If you want to drive cars around you may always drive in offline mods, or purchase games, like Driving Simulators which have cars in it.

^

I have done a test, it was in ATS, but the scout car is still the same. and the top speed I could get it to was 97 mph (156 KPH) and my KW T680 will do that as well, it just takes longer to get to that. if you can give me a good reason that more cars would be better then varaity, or speed I will consider changing my opinion, but for now my -1 still stands. 

added in the conversion to KPH, though mph is what I know better.

Edited by ShadowWolf2k7
corrected grammar

-1/+1 In my opinion this would be a good and a bad idea, here is why.

Good as it would make driving more of a challenge for some people and some would like that as it would make it more realistic and like single player.

Bad as it would just end up causing accidents on the roads which would lead to an increase in bans, good and bad.

If i have interpreted the idea wrong feel free to correct me :) 

1+  I Always Wanted this in the game as it added more realism to the game and also it seems fun to have AI cars in the game they should have a test server for this :D I'd drive on this server for sure 

• Project Manager

Not so sure. Its been suggested before and turned down with reasons that go beyond TMP's control I think. Also, would end up having to reduce the server size to cope with the extra traffic and processing power of synchronizing them all?

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events

@Ray Official and @Sgt.CameronA

You didn't get the point... The suggestion is not about adding AI cars, but to use the current Scout car as an example and create new mods, based on the AI cars (Volkswagen in the image), for players to drive. In the end, it's the so common "Add new cars to MP" suggestion, only this time the OP uses a new argument ("there are already the AI car models, so it should be easier").

OT: No, thank you. One car was implemented and the roads in ETS2 EU#2 server became a lot more unsafe, people driving too fast, racing, out of control because of the weird physics, etc. Many trolls discovered that the car is the perfect weapon of trucks destruction, speed, acceleration and weight to crash into trucks with trailers, send them in the air and be able to keep driving like nothing. Give them more cars and you'll just be upgrading their arsenal. And no trolls may give up on the Scout at some moment, out of boredom, but put more, different car models and you'll see more cars than trucks in the MP game. It would be more realistic, true, but it wouldn't be a truck driving game anymore. So, -1 from me.

hmm well I have seen both points I just hope they add both because both seem pretty fun but if they do, do it then they might go to bring the speed down a lot like you said it's not only used by trolls but normal players like my self and may I point out the cars are not as bad as trucks all vehicles & trucks can be used in some way for trolling the car drivers don't make them trollers if they're just driving normal but on other points I must disagree with you on. but might bring up a suggestion on an idea on how to bring the trollers down with the car issues of "trolling" maybe add a new rank where only certain individuals can use the car for certain reasons. @FernandoCR [ESP]

Edited by Virus59X

@Ray Official Don't hope too much. It's been said by Staff members that no AI will be added to the MP mod, too stressful for servers to synchronize it for each player. And new cars, it's been also said that it won't happen in a long time, if ever. About your idea for suggesting that only people in certain ranks would be able to drive cars, it has been suggested before and rejected too. But I never said that "all car drivers are trolls", I said that the car is a phenomenal weapon for trolls, which is true. And not just the trolls can ruin your game, so many people doing over 200 Km/h in their cars and then losing control and crashing into anything in their way, if you're nearby, your truck can be destroyed even when that player had no intent to do so.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

+1

I have tried swapping the ai car's chassis onto the Skoda , for the most part the interior works for some of the cars , but like the Lancer below , it tends to stick out a bit. Everything like headlights , reverse lights , lowbeam , highbeam , running likes , all that work. However i tried getting this into mp using save editing and it either crashed me for having "standard.skoda.superb.chassis" or crashes everyone around me for having anything else under the accessory name because nobody besides me has it.

w6GxydH.jpg

tbjjT4m.jpg

This could be a great addition to multiplayer. I agree this would bring more life and a sense of realism to the game, though what we've seen thus far from the pilot cars already in game this will only add to that issue. Players hardly use the pilot cars for their intended purpose and are commonly used to troll/grief other truckers. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 20-6-2017 at 2:28 PM, C?nnell said:

@Smalley - Truckers.FM, @doorgapmonster As I said in the last bit of my post: there's no interior but they could use the same interior of the Scout as well as the physics, horn etc. Players won't be bothered that much with it (for now) if this actually will be implemented into TMP. It would even be better if they removed the Scout logo on the steering wheel so they can apply the interior to every other car.

I will be bothered, I don't like to drive in a car with a interior that other cars do have either. That isn't realism. 

Edited by DriveYourWay