Driveable AI traffic cars

C?nnell

^
Absolutely unnecessary but people want some new things. some people buy ets2 for just skodas.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quotation. Please refer to the previous post with "^" or tag the person.

Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

Kuzey Kıbrıs Türk Cumhuriyeti

^

But try to going to Rotterdam->Amsterdam or CD road and seeing another truck near from you and check just 5 minutes

And I'm agree with @Mirrland for the suggestion it's useless and this will add useless traffic too so sorry but I'm disagree with this suggestion -1

• 3 weeks later...

+1

I love this idea. If it could be implemented, this would definitely add more variety to the game and make traffic look far more interesting and realistic.

One of the biggest problems I have with TruckersMP is its lack of diverse car/van traffic.

Of course, due to various issues, AI cannot be implemented, but if something like this were to be added it would drastically increase the game's realism and make it more fun in the process. And due to the fact that the external skins for the AI cars already exist; and the interior of the Scout Cars are already so detailed, this would be a very easy change to implement.

• 3 weeks later...

The purpose of the Scout car we've currently got, was for the admins to get a police car, and for convoy managements. To prevent everyone from using only the pilot repaint, to drive around the map, they made it possible to repaint the Scout car in different civilian car colors. My point is, that it was NOT the intention to make a car simulator out of Euro Truck Simulator 2, and therefore I disagree to have all sorts of car brands driving around in the game. It was simply for admins and convoy managements, and then I can imagine they made it possible to repaint to some other basic colors to prevent "civilian players" to drive around in a pilot car when not in a convoy.

My opinion: -1

Edited by MikaL

KjhfSmo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

To put it bluntly, just having the scout cars available to normal players was a bit of a mistake in my opinion. Adding these options if it is even possible with the work it would need and getting the models redesigned would just make the MP experience worse. And like others have said. It's a TRUCK SIMULATOR. If you want to drive cars there's plenty of other MP based car games.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

+1 Although this is Euro TRUCK Sim, it should still be realistic as possible. I have never seen a real road that is 100% trucks. Adding more cars wouldn't mean more people driving the cars, it would mean that the players that already drive cars have the freedom to switch to other cars, creating more variety. There will still be the same amount of bad drivers, they will just be in a bigger variety of cars. I am all for this, however we still do need the servers that ban cars to make everybody happy. It should be all cars or none, not just the one Skoda with the pilot paint scheme everywhere.

5 hours ago, frnknstnp421 said:

+1 Although this is Euro TRUCK Sim, it should still be realistic as possible. I have never seen a real road that is 100% trucks. Adding more cars wouldn't mean more people driving the cars, it would mean that the players that already drive cars have the freedom to switch to other cars, creating more variety. There will still be the same amount of bad drivers, they will just be in a bigger variety of cars. I am all for this, however we still do need the servers that ban cars to make everybody happy. It should be all cars or none, not just the one Skoda with the pilot paint scheme everywhere.

The purpose of Truckers Multiplayer is that all of the truckers can play together. If you really want's to have everything as realistic as possible, then you can mod your singleplayer. :)

KjhfSmo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎20 at 8:10 AM, Smalley - Truckers.FM said:

Hmmm, I mean it is a good idea but it would take a very long time to implement. And the AI cars don't have interiors so you have to think about that as well. 

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎20 at 8:18 AM, doorgapmonster said:

its a great idea but like Smalley said there is no interior so TMP might not implement it.

A think a solution to this would be to implement this idea, but have the cars restricted to 3rd person only.

As for my opinion on the suggestion itself, I'm okay either way. I personally don't see the point in having cars in the game other than to direct convoys, but that's coming for me, a wannabe Truck Driver who likes to stick to herself. Other people enjoy driving the cars around just for fun, and I can respect that. I just have more fun in a truck :'D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I quite like the idea of this as it would provide more selection for drivers and provides a bit of a difference in terms of scenery and traffic but to make it work successfully the cars performance would have to differ slightly else there would be no difference between driving the scout and any other vehicle.

There is also the perspective, that this is a Truck simulator and the scout was provided as an alternative and if you spend too much time, effort on vehicles that aren't trucks then you may lose the focus of the game and turn people away.

Tough one, I do like the concept though.

Kind regards,

Matthew

it would be a good idea only that with quantities of larger cars in mp the jam would increase, unless you put speed limiter on the cars.

yes it would be a great idea just that at least you would have to put speed limiter on the cars.

Many players motive abuses the speed of cars and accidents happen.

who does not like cars and only play in Europe 1 or 3 ready.

On 29/10/2017 at 12:26 AM, Trigzd said:

É um simulador de caminhão ...? Haha. Recebo o "realismo" adicionado de ver carros dirigindo, mas gastam 10 minutos na EU2 em uma área altamente povoada e você saberia que os carros se comportavam de maneiras distantes do realista. 

and only play on server europe 1 or 3 la has no cars

On 25/10/2017 at 4:42 AM, Larkins said:

The thing here is: either remove the Skoda or add more as it is damaging the realism. +/- from me.

On 15/09/2017 at 8:25 PM, iHobbit said:

Para dizer sem rodeios, apenas ter os carros escoteiros disponíveis para jogadores normais foi um erro na minha opinião. Adicionando essas opções se for possível com o trabalho que ele precisaria e a obtenção dos modelos redesenhados, apenas tornaria a experiência do MP pior. E como outros disseram. É um SIMULADOR DE CAMINHÕES . Se você quer dirigir carros, há muitos outros jogos de carros baseados em MP.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really good Idea because for the realism and for more variaty because the Skoda is getting a little bit annoying in my opinion, but I also agree  with the negative points to because of the many trollers we have with cars in EU#2, but maybe we could solve that in making a new Server (Or use EU #1) and add this there. 

I would give it a chance 

+1 

Hi

The drivable AI cars aren't modeled with the intent of player use( "AI" ). I'd suggest that you just buy a Skoda, I don't really think that resources should be spent on making another vehicle when there's already one that accommodates the same needs.

To address the extremely common "go play a car game if you want cars" argument, please understand that there's a big difference between playing some "car game" and having a ride in a car among Trucks in a map of Europe. Trust me, you're not giving any of the people that suggest these kinds of things a new insight into life, they know exactly what they are suggesting and that "car games" exist.