Driveable AI traffic cars

C?nnell

It's probably been said here before but it took 1 year to implement that Scout car. How long would it take to implement more cars? Probably a couple years. Plus, this would only make a bigger mess than there already is, because of the people who would want to drive a new car at 100mph down C-D..

-1 from me. I feel like this would only create more server lag and a bigger mess.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

41 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

they would not change their way to drive if they used trucks instead of cars ... don't blame it on the cars, blame it on the Players! 

Thankyou!

And I understand the argument that this is a truck simulator, but I don't know any good car simulator out there with such a big community. Also in a car simulator you won't have other player trucks driving which makes your "adventure" more interesting too. I can't imagine it will take ages to add additional cars, assuming the performance stays the same for all car models, just a different exterior. But even if it takes long, I don't mind waiting for features like that, as I would also wait for others that might take long..

Nope, there is no car driving simulator that has a multiplayer, not really any great car driving simulator games in the first place, there is noting like this and the argument against this saying its a truck game and it would cause more chaos is invalid, part of driving a truck is having cars around you and the challenge it brings. Also there is already a car in MP, this idea would not change anything, everything would be exactly like it is now, the only difference being that with this idea all the cars you see in MP would not be the same Skoda, there would a bit of variety to the cars, like there is with the trucks.  This is also not about adding a brand new car from scratch like the Skoda or adding third mods but making some ai driveable.

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Is this suggestion an attempt to give some variety to traffic? If that is the case, I had an earlier suggestion about having a server with AI traffic in it so people actually drives through a populated world with different type of cars in it and making the world feel alive. The problem was synchronization and, apparently, some people think having a populated world with AI cars is playing single player despite the fact you are just adding traffic in a multiplayer game so that traffic lights and speed limits actually means something.

Like others have expressed, this is a truck simulator and we are supposed to be driving trucks and nothing else. Otherwise, it should be renamed Vehicle Simulator.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Fallen said:

I agree with @FernandoCR [ESP]! Maybe it's enough to discuss about cars? I'm tired of reading such topics...

Hi. Nobody forces you to read a topic you don't like to read about - if they do; please contact the admins.

13 hours ago, DrEGZo said:

Maybe CityCarDriving? I'm not sure, I've just heard about it... Does it have a MP :huh:? Dunno.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 was the last 'city car multiplayer' I knew with a nice community. Unfortunately the company got bankrupt.

13 hours ago, ThatCrazyPillow #Wish64 said:

It's probably been said here before but it took 1 year to implement that Scout car. How long would it take to implement more cars? Probably a couple years. Plus, this would only make a bigger mess than there already is, because of the people who would want to drive a new car at 100mph down C-D..

-1 from me. I feel like this would only create more server lag and a bigger mess.

But they are not implementing more cars if you actually read the topic.. the cars are already in the game.

6 hours ago, GKilat said:

Is this suggestion an attempt to give some variety to traffic? If that is the case, I had an earlier suggestion about having a server with AI traffic in it so people actually drives through a populated world with different type of cars in it and making the world feel alive. The problem was synchronization and, apparently, some people think having a populated world with AI cars is playing single player despite the fact you are just adding traffic in a multiplayer game so that traffic lights and speed limits actually means something.

Like others have expressed, this is a truck simulator and we are supposed to be driving trucks and nothing else. Otherwise, it should be renamed Vehicle Simulator.

This is not the same suggestion, so all the mentioned problems do not apply to this.

^

The point is you seem to want variety in traffic but then riding on anything other than a truck goes against what the game is suppose to be which is a truck simulator. About people driving cars without piloting convoys, it can easily be covered by the rules so that you can't do that like cars pulling trailers being forbidden. From how I see it, your suggestion is basically asking the devs to give you something other than a truck to drive that you might as well be frank about it.

They haven't even edited the scout's brakes after years,with tons of accidents because of them that happen everyday, and you want the staff to add a new car?

This would be possible if the mod was sold and not free (and sometimes i wish it was) but by now no one seems to have time and the actualt staff preferes to focus on other stuff.

15 hours ago, GKilat said:

^

The point is you seem to want variety in traffic but then riding on anything other than a truck goes against what the game is suppose to be which is a truck simulator. About people driving cars without piloting convoys, it can easily be covered by the rules so that you can't do that like cars pulling trailers being forbidden. From how I see it, your suggestion is basically asking the devs to give you something other than a truck to drive that you might as well be frank about it.

If that is how you see the suggestion, then I do recommend to read the topic again to understand the suggestion more. I am not suggesting to drive something else other than a truck, since there is already a driveable car in the game - I am suggesting to make the AI traffic cars driveable if possible.

14 hours ago, Andrea Vaillant said:

They haven't even edited the scout's brakes after years,with tons of accidents because of them that happen everyday, and you want the staff to add a new car?

This would be possible if the mod was sold and not free (and sometimes i wish it was) but by now no one seems to have time and the actualt staff preferes to focus on other stuff.

If you read the topic, the cars are already in the game.

5 hours ago, C?nnell said:

If that is how you see the suggestion, then I do recommend to read the topic again to understand the suggestion more. I am not suggesting to drive something else other than a truck, since there is already a driveable car in the game - I am suggesting to make the AI traffic cars driveable if possible.

So I read it again and are you saying replacing the car skin with the skin used by AI cars? If that's what you are trying to say, then I guess it doesn't make a difference with how the game currently is although I still think it defeats the whole purpose of driving a truck.

The problem is how do you implement the ability choose car skin easily because that would involve creating a UI that allows players to switch skin? The solution I could think of is that different paint patterns can act as different way to change the appearance of the car.

Overall, it seems that you would see the same amount of traffic with the occasional difference is the different car skin. Whether the effort to implement this suggestion for such a minor gameplay change being worth it is all up to the devs.

23 hours ago, C?nnell said:

If you read the topic, the cars are already in the game.

Yea but implementing them would take more time than fixing the skoda brakes...as i sometimes say, if a dog doesn't fit in a backpack an horse wouldn't too.

^ @Andrea Vaillant I don't see how fixing the Scout's brakes (adding a whole new code for that) is easier than implementing (if you see it from coders' view) extra cars that already are in the game. I know that it's not 1-2-step, but I do know that these cars are already in the game, there already is an interior, car-height, horn etc.

A while ago I suggested a second body varient of the skoda in a similar way that trucks have small cabs and xl sleeper cabs as everything is in place. (An estate version)

As that was very similar and rejected, I doubt the developers would implement this suggestion.

But I'm still gonna give it a +1 reguardless

Edited by FozzyGuy #Wish64

• 4 weeks later...