Driveable AI traffic cars

C?nnell

Suggestion Name:

Driveable AI traffic cars

Suggestion Description: 

Being able to drive (non-branded) AI traffic cars that already is created by SCS to bring more realism to TMP than it already does.

Any example images:

iSquOXOvR-eE1vKNsnVQew.png  (Volkswagen, with non-branded logo)

Why should it be added?:

These AI traffic cars are already in the base game, created by SCS which does not rely on any 3rd party mods. Not only will this improve the realism to the game in multiplayer, but will also decrease the amount of pilot-cars as many players drive them without even piloting any convoy. I do understand that some players may disagree as they hate most of the car drivers in the game due to the bad brakes and truck physics - but not everyone drives reckless.

For the interior part: they could just use the same interior in every car, players won't be bothered that much if this suggestion actually gets put into the game. Let me know what you guys think ;)

Off-topic: Yay, this is my 100th post!

• Upvote 6
  • HaulieLove 1

@Smalley - Truckers.FM, @doorgapmonster As I said in the last bit of my post: there's no interior but they could use the same interior of the Scout as well as the physics, horn etc. Players won't be bothered that much with it (for now) if this actually will be implemented into TMP. It would even be better if they removed the Scout logo on the steering wheel so they can apply the interior to every other car.

• Upvote 1

+1 This is a a great idea.

There is already a car in MP so making AI cars drivable would not add anything that not there now it would just give people more options of what type of car to drive and would be more realistic adding more of a variety to the traffic and like with the trucks multiple different ones and not all the same type of Skoda. As mentioned the physics, interior and horn are all part of the current car so surely there could be a way to place those in AI cars and make them driveable. Lights might need work tho to fit the different cars but the ai cars have lights too. It would be a much better option then creating a new car from scratch which is probably never gonna happen.

Maybe the brakes could be worked on a bit aswell in order to make them even better.

Even if just a few of the AI cars would be made driveable it would be fantastic, would be great to see a few different types of cars going around in MP rather then all Skodas and it will not add more cars in number to MP it will just mean more variety in cars an the trolls that use cars to cause problems can be reported.

I really do hope this does happen :) Sadly I have my doubts that it will :( but you never know I guess

I'd love to see some of these driveable and going around in MP :) Would be nice to drive them and to see them in traffic when in my truck, better then seeing all the same Skoda :P 

• Upvote 3

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

^ We already have cars in the game tho, this would not cause more chaos at all and is not turning it into a car simulator, all this would do is give more variety to the cars in MP and you'd see some different types going around

EwI7dyH.pngfkz8kwW.pngNWex5UB.pngFBx7QVO.pngAWnfxqv.png

RNqv0mM.png8u3PDuz.pngf2Twp1bg.png8F0BDYv.png

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)
  • Upvote 2

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

35 minutes ago, Coq Rouge said:

-1 People drive like idiots in the car in the game today so thanks but no thanks to more car's and it's a Truck Sim and not a Car Sim

There is already a driveable car in TMP, it still didn't change the name or gameplay. In fact, it added more realism to the game.

1 minute ago, Creatured said:

a big no from me also it has been suggested before and you can guess what happened to that.

You can't compare a suggestion about implementing cars from 3rd party mods that needs licensing to a suggestion about implementing cars that already exist in the game itself that don't need licensing.

• Upvote 1

I kind of like the idea, I sometimes appreciate to drive a car, although the physics could be less "trucky-ier" .......

Also that would probably add a lot of work, but one might consider letting people from this community offering their own interiors?

I think it is quite amazing all the people claiming that people drive terrible in cars, obviously they do not take any look at other drivers. While driving a lot between Calais and Duisburg I have almost seen more reckless truckers than car drivers....! (Although I could agree that is not true for other routes on the map...)

14 minutes ago, Merengue4ever said:

we're already struggling with Scout cars being rammed all the time if more cars are added it will be a disaster it will just ruind the game.

How will adding a different 'layout' of a car affect or even ruin the game since there already are cars in the game?

• Upvote 1

I think we have a 50/50 here right now, though most of the players who downvoted don't like the idea due to the drivers of the cars - not because of the car itself. To be honest, if this is doable for the developers, it should be implemented as this would really add more realism to TMP.

Hey idea is fifty-fifty good. 

Good points:

+ more realistic

+ on empty places you wont feel alone :) some kind of ,,companion,,

Bad points:

- please realise something - Eu2, busy time, normal situations and cars ..... H A O S 

- it may give some problems with licence and with addon

- Game Rules will have to be changed 

So i cant decide is it good idea. 

Best regards :)

• Upvote 1

^

Hi. I don't understand how changing the game rules is a bad point, as the game rules may be changed everytime by the admins if needed. For the licensing part: SCS already has unlicensed cars in the game, they even had unlicensed trucks way back in the past (at least, in singleplayer as far as I remember playing it). The brands etc. are all faded, they do not look identical and they do not use the same brand logos. One more thing I do not understand is, how will adding more cars cause more chaos? The only thing that will be added are more cars, not more bad drivers. You can not just judge all the Scout drivers to be bad because some trolls / kids use them.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quote. Please refer to the post above with "^" or tag the person.
  • Upvote 1

I don't know whether it is possible to realize that whithout too much effort... (I can't believe that it is as easy as you said)

But I think that it's a good idea: +1

I really can't understand the people using the argument of reckless driving cars. The problem are not the cars, the problem are the players driving the cars recklessly. And they would not change their way to drive if they used trucks instead of cars. And don't forget that there are a lot of trucks driving like babies as well. So don't blame it on the cars, blame it on the Players! 

• Upvote 2