Job way too late after being not in the game over the night

{ILG} Lipsiatrucker

Question

Hey,

yesterday I took a job from Bern to Frankfurt. Half way, it was late. I decided to go to bed. Today I ended the delivery, and I was 57 hours too late...

Is this because the time in the multiplayer goes on all the time even tho you aren't in the game? If yes how could I fix this?

Thank you for antwortues.

Drive safe,

lipsiatrucker

5 answers to this question

Hi Lipsiatrucker,

Yes you are correct, multiplayer is a live server and the time continues even when you are off the game (for other players still playing).

There is no workaround solution for avoiding this, to simply put it: If you take a job on multiplayer and exit - Go back onto singleplayer and finish the job, otherwise you will end up with an extremely late delivery as you experienced. 

Enjoy. 

• Upvote 1

That's exactly the reason. In MP, time doesn't stop. And there's no way to fix it. If you start a freight market job, there's a limited amount of time to finish it, so if you stop and come back hours later, it's most likely too late. The only solutions are to finish every job before disconnecting or doing World of Trucks jobs. These work based on real time, so if you pick a WoT jobs with 22 hours expiration time, you have almost one day to finish it. Problem with WoT jobs is that if your cargo gets damaged, you can't load a previous saved game to "recover" that cargo, it stays damaged.

Hello @Lipsiatrucker

The in-game time never ends, so when you logged off and went to bed the world clock in-game kept going so it caused your delivery to be late. If you don't want this to keep happening just finish your load before going to bed or just make sure you don't have a trailer attached when you logoff. 

Riley.