SCS Cars in multiplayer?

C?nnell

Question

Hi,

I had a question in my head and couldn't find the answer at all. Yes, I have been looking for it using the search function; if you can find a topic that explains it all please provide the link in the comment hehe.

I know many players hate the idea of having cars in multiplayer, but my question is why TMP do not (or can not) add the cars SCS have created for in singleplayer. I understand that there needs to be a license to use a brand's name, but most of the cars do not have the brand's logo and are already in the official base game - which confuses me. I get that the interior needs to be changed ofcourse, but if the same interior of the Scout's could be used - why not? Just a reminder that this is not a suggestion, but a question I wanted to know as I do not understand this. An example of one of the SCS cars, you can clearly see that it's a Volkswagen with a 'different' logo:

iSquOXOvR-eE1vKNsnVQew.png Thank you @Killua (DavidOC93) for the photo :)

PS: I just noticed that this might be in the wrong section... oops, please move it if it does not belong in the Help section. Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Hi @smokywarfame,

Thank you for your comment. The AI traffic part is not what I meant/want, the possibility to drive all cars that are seen in singleplayer is (kinda) true. I have searched why there are no other cars than the Scout before creating this topic, but after a lot of reading I still had one question that made me confuse; why can't TMP use the cars SCS already created that are seen in singleplayer (AI traffic)? The height, physics, lights are all there already, just the interior is missing (I might be wrong!).

Hello there @C?nnell

Since the game's name is Euro "Truck Simulator", SCS Software should've thought that no AI cars can be allowed for players to drive. And I do not believe they give up when this is suggested to them. We have the Scout car mod available in TruckersMP, but also I do not believe TruckersMP stuff wish to add new car mods into the game even those car mods are SCS Software-made AI cars.

But you can make a suggestion about it and you can get supported, because we know a lot of people demand such an idea. For example I really would like to see a well designed Audi RS7 car mod added to TruckersMP. I am sure there are mod developers who is going to give permission and license to TruckersMP for using their car mods.

Whatsoever, it is a reality that the Scout cars in TruckersMP servers are making a mess and creating a chaos. A considerable number of Scout drivers are having diffuculties about controlling the car. Before adding new car mods, the Scout's bad brakes must be fixed and players should learn the Scout doesn't have the same physics, maneuver capabilities with the trucks.