• Announcements

• Rekoil_

Search before posting.   03/28/17

Please use the search function on this forum before posting suggestions or bug reports! Go to this link to search our forums: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/search/
Sparky_Sct

Replace the Scout in ATSMP

15 posts in this topic

Suggestion Name: Replace the Scout with a Ford Crown Victoria (P71 Interceptor).

Suggestion Description: If TMP were to just switch out the Scout with the Crown Vic it wouldn't be that difficult, just swap the model tweak some of the code for the car and change the name and sounds.

Any example images (the California Police Livery):

8690348535_7df3740eac_z.jpg

a530870709b7eaab97dc00309584293b.jpg

Why should it be added?: The Scout doesn't fit in ATS at all and the police variant sticks out the most. It would be a really nice change for ATSMP.

The devs are not going to add another car any time soon.  The scout took a lot of time and effort to get implemented.  

But that's the point because they already added a car to it it wouldn't take anywhere near as much effort to change the car.

TruckersMP will also need licencing from Ford in order to use the Crown Victoria.

Also, please use the search function: 

7 minutes ago, Sparky_Sct said:

But that's the point because they already added a car to it it wouldn't take anywhere near as much effort to change the car.

It's not the case that they can just push a button so the design and visual characteristics of the car changes, it will again take a lot of time to get this implemented.

It has already been suggested and it wont happen as it took alot of work to make the scout car and as smoky said its not just pressing a button to change the model

It would take us quite some effort to do so, we need to re-model the whole car - something we do not see necessary to do.

Skoda took very much work, The Developers did great job with that model, they were working much time on it. I dont think, they will do it again. But yes, i agree it will look nice to see typical, USA police cruisers on ATS streets. But we need to wait, i think they will add it soon :)

Hello, the suggestion to add another car has already been suggested several times. In addition, know that if one day the devellopers decides to add a car, it will take a long time, indeed,as said previously, the design of a car takes a lot of time and to add this Ford, know that the devellopers must get the authorization (license) to be able to add it and it also takes a lot of time.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

-1 Just think a crown vic would be a bit too much for the players. Plus like other people said it took a lot of time to model the Scout and in fact implement it. They're not just gonna throw a way a project for a different car. 

1 hour ago, Mirrland said:

TruckersMP will also need licencing from Ford in order to use the Crown Victoria.

Also, please use the search function: 

I did, and that thread you linked is irrelevant to this topic. I am suggesting a replacement, not addition. And no they would not need licencing because TMP is a community project.

1 hour ago, smokywarfame said:

It's not the case that they can just push a button so the design and visual characteristics of the car changes, it will again take a lot of time to get this implemented.

Well, apart from bug fixes I haven't see the TMP dev team doing much. So what else is it that they are doing that takes priority over ATSMP's immersion?

@Sparky_Sct The TMP dev team is working hard every day, they don't need to tell everything what they do here publicly on the forums, as lots of this is confidental, or things that only are staff's businesses. 

@smokywarfame No one expects any kind of devs to disclose everything they are doing, but I don't think we have any idea what they are doing. Are they working on MP features? Are they trying to add more to the MP? It doesn't seem to me like we know anything at all.

But you can see why when I make a suggestion and then people are like "oh no that takes way too much time" then I ask ok so what are they doing instead but then people are like well we don't know. For all we know they could be doing f**k all. (I think it's pretty safe to say that's not the case, but you get my drift.)

Reply to a suggestion with sorry we are spending time on x, x and x we don't have the time/resources to do that is much better than oh no that will take time to do.