Replace the Scout in ATSMP with Ford Crown Vic (P71)

Sparky_Sct

Suggestion Name: Replace the Scout with a Ford Crown Victoria (P71 Interceptor).

Suggestion Description: If TMP were to just switch out the Scout with the Crown Vic it wouldn't be that difficult, just swap the model tweak some of the code for the car and change the name and sounds.

Any example images (the California Police Livery):

8690348535_7df3740eac_z.jpg

a530870709b7eaab97dc00309584293b.jpg

Why should it be added?: The Scout doesn't fit in ATS at all and the police variant sticks out the most. It would be a really nice change for ATSMP.

• Upvote 1

The devs are not going to add another car any time soon.  The scout took a lot of time and effort to get implemented.  

• Game Producer
7 minutes ago, Sparky_Sct said:

But that's the point because they already added a car to it it wouldn't take anywhere near as much effort to change the car.

It's not the case that they can just push a button so the design and visual characteristics of the car changes, it will again take a lot of time to get this implemented.

Hello, the suggestion to add another car has already been suggested several times. In addition, know that if one day the devellopers decides to add a car, it will take a long time, indeed,as said previously, the design of a car takes a lot of time and to add this Ford, know that the devellopers must get the authorization (license) to be able to add it and it also takes a lot of time.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

1 hour ago, Mirrland said:

TruckersMP will also need licencing from Ford in order to use the Crown Victoria.

Also, please use the search function: 

I did, and that thread you linked is irrelevant to this topic. I am suggesting a replacement, not addition. And no they would not need licencing because TMP is a community project.

1 hour ago, smokywarfame said:

It's not the case that they can just push a button so the design and visual characteristics of the car changes, it will again take a lot of time to get this implemented.

Well, apart from bug fixes I haven't see the TMP dev team doing much. So what else is it that they are doing that takes priority over ATSMP's immersion?

But you can see why when I make a suggestion and then people are like "oh no that takes way too much time" then I ask ok so what are they doing instead but then people are like well we don't know. For all we know they could be doing f**k all. (I think it's pretty safe to say that's not the case, but you get my drift.)

Reply to a suggestion with sorry we are spending time on x, x and x we don't have the time/resources to do that is much better than oh no that will take time to do.

I agree that it would be cool to switch the European setup with a more common American vehicle, especially a Crown Vic, and yes, if you look in the AI files there is/already been a Crown Vic looking vehicle in the AI for a long time, so it wouldn't be that hard to take that model that's already been tweaked by SCS to look different from a Crown Vic and then tweak it a little more, add a interior texture and camera positions, mirrors, paint jobs, etc. It's possible, but, because the number of people playing ATS are so few, is it worth making and spending the time to do this at the moment? 

In short, it's possible, but I doubt it's of high priority at all, same as actually bothering to give us non KPH driving players actual MPH gauges in the scout, I would love to drive the scout more and appreciate the mod more, but because I'm British and we don't deal in KPH, much like the US, there is no way to realistically drive the scout without the virtual GPS open with the MPH gauge on it. Now @smokywarfame, that this isn't something to seriously put into MP? Because it makes driving the scout impossible for people like myself who play legit and use Mph not KPH. 

But anyway, yes a CV/CVPI for ATS would make more sense, I agree, but it's just not the right time in the games lifespan to decide to do so yet, once the map gets bigger and more insentive is given to play ATSMP over ETS2MP, then it'll be a good time to add it into the mod and give it a more authentic feel.

• 2 weeks later...

TruckersMP is not going to add any third party mods anytime soon because it would require an additional download, thus making the total file size bigger which leads to longer download times. In addition, those modifications always need to be supported by the latest version of the game which cannot be taken for granted when using external mods that have not been created by TruckersMP.

The Scout car has been created which is currently the only car available as it took very long to be implemented. The likelihood of another car being implemented is thus very low. Considering the number of people who are actually playing American Truck Simulator, the benefits would not outweigh the disadvantages.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.