Ban Rehab

mw3_587786

Suggestion Name: Ban Rehab

Suggestion Description: A program in which users banned in the past can remove them from their record (after a year) by sending many reports that lead to punishment.

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?: People aspiring to be admin one day will have a very hard time getting to that position, even if they have changed. This program would increase the effectiveness of the rules as well as give people a chance to clean their record. Since they can only be removed after 1 year, you couldn't just remove your 5th ban so you can't get perma'd next time. it has no effect on current bans or the time you get banned, only the records.

• Upvote 1

This has been suggested many times, use the search function

People have broke the rules and thus they will be punished and shamed for breaking them. 

Also, people in-game have 6 chances per year before getting permanently banned - As shown in the rules: 

How bans are issued

The first 3 bans issued are at admin discretion. The 4th ban is 1 month. The 5th ban is 3 months. The 6th ban is permanent with no chance of undo.

Any bans further than 12 months before the current ban are ignored under this rule. This is considered the cooling off period.

Regards,

Edited by Mirrland

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Clearly, you are implying that your intentions are to become IGA which if you read many topics actually ruins your chances of becoming one. Also, your bans to clear your history after one year, do they not? My ban that is over a year old now shows as "yellow", indicating it no longer counts. 

Getting to a position is more than just bans.  Yes everyone makes mistakes.  If you have bans for very minor offences and show you have changed for over a year then you can say you have a chance.  Like a criminal record in life does not get erased from your record, bans don't.  It's best not to commit any offences as the majority on here have no bans at all. -1

And making another account comes under ban evading.  (I guess you haven't read the rules yourself - reading them would help towards "rehab")

2 hours ago, Mirrland said:

This has been suggested many times, use the search function

People have broke the rules and thus they will be punished and shamed for breaking them. 

Also, people in-game have 6 chances per year before getting permanently banned - As shown in the rules: 

Regards,

Personally, people who shame others for getting banned, up to a point, should be banned themselves, if you can't say something nice or constructive, don't say it at all. It's not nice to be like that to anyone, whether they deserve their punishment or not, I've seen it happen too many times on steam and it has to stop, think about it as if you were that person who got banned, how would you feel if people shamed and talked smack to you?

As for ban rehab? What's the point? If a troll wants to troll, they'll just carry on no matter what programs are setup, I mean, most sane people will normally take the ban and learn from the mistakes they made. 

A better way way would be if we had a licensing system instead of a straight ban system and points on your license mount up to punishments depending on the crime, that way, the innocent/short tempered/pushed too far, get a second chance before being banned, whereas the full on guilty get punished for their crimes.

If you have to send reports to rehab your punishment records , that will be a bad loop.

e.g.

A got banned because of B send reports to admin.

A wanna rehab his records.

C got banned because A send reports to admin.

C wanna rehab his records.

B was banned because C send reports to admin.

B wanna rehab his records.

etc.

TruckersMP | OMSI 2 | Minecraft

12 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Personally, people who shame others for getting banned, up to a point, should be banned themselves, if you can't say something nice or constructive, don't say it at all. It's not nice to be like that to anyone, whether they deserve their punishment or not, I've seen it happen too many times on steam and it has to stop, think about it as if you were that person who got banned, how would you feel if people shamed and talked smack to you?

I've been harassed before now via steam, I wasn't intending for my response to be interpreted in that way. It was more to the point of the fact that a persons' ban history should be treated like a criminal record whereby bans should not get removed.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

13 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

As for ban rehab? What's the point? If a troll wants to troll, they'll just carry on no matter what programs are setup, I mean, most sane people will normally take the ban and learn from the mistakes they made. 

A better way way would be if we had a licensing system instead of a straight ban system and points on your license mount up to punishments depending on the crime, that way, the innocent/short tempered/pushed too far, get a second chance before being banned, whereas the full on guilty get punished for their crimes.

I definitely agree with all the things you said, for example people who are driving on the 'wrong side' because the player's brake are set on low - where he had to move to the other lane in order not to crash, they get banned for driving on the wrong way as admins do not have 100 eyes to see everything. I still do not think that my ban is fair, for 'ban evading' which I am not - however, I am not going to discuss this here. 

In my opinion, the ban list where people can see how many times and why you've been banned should be set on private where only the team can see it. Some may disagree, like I said; this is just an opinion how I think about it.

11 hours ago, Mirrland said:

I've been harassed before now via steam, I wasn't intending for my response to be interpreted in that way. It was more to the point of the fact that a persons' ban history should be treated like a criminal record whereby bans should not get removed.

But look at it this way. If someone gets banned for a stupid reason, say forswearing at someone in chat who did some illegal manoeuvre. Is that fair to have on record for the rest of your career? Or would it be fairer to have it wiped if the person can prove they've learnt from their mistake and won't do it again? 

I mean, major offences like passing queues, ramming, blocking, trolling, reckless driving etc, that sort of thing isn't really excusable, but smaller "crimes" you should be given the opportunity to put it right.

10 hours ago, C?nnell said:

I definitely agree with all the things you said, for example people who are driving on the 'wrong side' because the player's brake are set on low - where he had to move to the other lane in order not to crash, they get banned for driving on the wrong way as admins do not have 100 eyes to see everything. I still do not think that my ban is fair, for 'ban evading' which I am not - however, I am not going to discuss this here. 

In my opinion, the ban list where people can see how many times and why you've been banned should be set on private where only the team can see it. Some may disagree, like I said; this is just an opinion how I think about it.

Likewise here, in my case, I called a guy an "idiot" because he pulled out of a junction as I was turning and rammed into me and such, yet I got banned for "offensive language" which to this day I dispute as unfair because I could of easily said more vulgar things if I wanted to, but eh. But yeah, making your bans private is the best, by all means you can open some to the public, especially if it's a serious grey area between what's deemed guilty and innocent, there have been many a time I've seen ban videos or general incidents where someone ends up being reported or punished when it's merely an accident or a petty disagreement.. so I'm all for making bans private unless set open.

• Upvote 1

^

I can see that we are getting a bit off-topic, but that's alright.  Anyway..

I think that the system should allow you, on your own time to appeal a certain ban after one year.  At that point, I feel like you could stand for the points of why it should be removed, why you feel it was unfair, etc...

As for the OP,

An Administrator role is not the key goal of applying to be TruckersMP staff (You wouldn't walk in on the first day expecting such position), so starting small should be an expectancy.  With that said, I am sure that recruitment looks very closely into someone's ban history, and if it is over a year old, they might not worry as much about it, but still question you as to why you were banned if you remember.  Mind you, I have still seen players become Staff when they had bans on their accounts.

Hope this answers your question a bit...

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quote. Please refer to the post above with "^" or tag the person.
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.