Blinking red lights

Suggestion Name: Blinking red lights all times of the day

Suggestion Description: Many times you come to a red light and nobody is around for a long distance. I think that lights should blink red (meaning you can treat it like a stop sign) if there are no trucks within a 300 meter radius

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: Sitting at a red light waiting for nothing is a waste of time

5406439487.png

-1 there is already a rule that allows you to pass a red light at any speed if there is nobody coming (you can tell through your radar). If they flashed red I think people would start expecting other people to stop and just blow right through without even looking at the map. 2 of these people meet, and you have a collision. Let alone that a whole city with flashing red lights is totally unrealistic. 

-1 as mentioned above there's that rule. 

If I had to guess, not many people even read the rules anyway so most people would not know what to do at flashing red lights. 

It's common sense really, I always skip the reds where the only intersections lead off the map so there's 0 chance of hitting anyone, plus the radar makes it safe to do so anyway at quiet areas. 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Like @sko0923 already said, there is a rule where you can go through red when there's nobody else nearby. Do not forget that kids still play this game, and do not know the rules of the road very well; this would cause a bigger problem on roads like C-D.

Edit: I forgot that this is in the ATS section and not in the ETS2 one. For TS if you do not own ETS2: C-D is a very rusy road in ETS2.

You should really use common sense. Stop at the light, look both ways, if nothing is coming then go. 

I doubt you'd be able to change lights based on how far someone is from them.

Hello, I do not agree with your suggestion. Indeed, first of all, TruckersMP can not modify the elements of the map, indeed, it is necessary to write to SCS if you wish to propose your ideas.
Also, in real life, if you have a red light, you have to stop and wait until it turns green, even if there are no other people.
Therefore, and as Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a truck driving simulation game, I do not agree with your suggestion. I love the realistic dimension of the game.
In addition, if there is no player, you can always pass the red light, it is you who decide to drive in a realistic, regulatory or unrealistic way.

Moreover, I add that panels are added under the traffic lights, to indicate the order of priority, when the traffic lights do not work. So even if the fire is red, you can respect these priorities (These signs), Even if I strongly discourage you. 

Indeed, if you have an accident, It will be entirely your fault.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

• 1 month later...

You won't get banned for running a red light unless you cause an accident. You can treat every light as a stop sign just as long as you let every player who has the green go first then proceed. I know when I play ETS 2 I still turn right on red, i'm used to it and it gets the traffic flowing better.

As a side note players have no clue how to even treat the flashing yellows, proceed with caution. Players still go through them at mach 1 not even paying attention to players who are already in the intersection, doesn't seem cautious to me. If you're a player who does this please slow down to a safe speed so you can stop in time. If someone is already in the intersection it doesn't make sense for you to go through as well, trucks can't occupy the same spot. Anyway, if players have no clue what to do at a flashing yellow, i'm sure there will be some who have no clue what a flashing red light means either. 

TruckersMP cannot modify the traffic lights which are in-game as this is a job for SCS Software since they are in charge of both games and the creation of the map, objects and anything similar. It would require editing the base game files which is only allowed to be done by SCS themselves. However, you can still ignore the traffic lights when there is really nobody around and just treat them as a stop sign. In-game admins are not going to kick or ban you for that offence, even though you might get a penalty in-game for it (i.e. have to pay something with the in-game currency).

Moved to SCS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.