Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

IGA Guidelines?

Бraateйsafe

IGA's have to obey the same rules as we do ofcourse, except for a few e.g. entering zones where you can't go without leaving the road for various reasons. I think that IGA's become IGA of the year by community's choice and the many duties (s)he has done, not sure as I am not an IGA myself.

I would imagine they had some sort of guidelines, yes. They would have them for when they promote a Forum Moderator/Support to In Game Admin so they know what to follow and what they should do in a certain situation and what they shouldn't do. Admin of the year I would think it's by how much effort and time they've put into the community representing as an admin. 

@C?nnell I'm not too sure about the rules bit because of this line taken from the In-game rules thread.

"Admins are exempt from these rules when on duty."

ZFTe8IK.jpg

We do have strict guidelines to follow in addition to the in-game rules. Despite the in-game rule stating admins can break in-game rules, we actually cannot unless approved by project management.

It is true that some admins have different opinions on ban lengths for certain offences. The team regularly communicate second opinions when there are doubts, so we do try to ensure punishments are given fairly. This is only the case for the first 3 bans in a year. Further bans in a year have fixed lengths that we must enforce.

4 hours ago, [VIVA STAFF] ?raate?safe said:

When you are a IGA do they have a guideline to follow? I am wondering because IGA's interpretation of the Game rules is very different. How does a IGA get evaluated to become IGA of the Year?

Everyone in the staff has rules to follow, from media team to administrators team. IGA of the year is not something official and we don't do that kind of competitions inside the staff.

IGA's should decide by considering the rules and their conscience. A judgment should be made by interrogating two questions: 1. Did the player break a rule? (Actus Reus) 2. Did the player break the rule intentionally or negligently? (Both are considered enough to punish. This is Meus Rea.)

If only things were that easy. You have to remember that there are different degrees of rule breaking and also take into account whether it was intentional, accidental or the person was unaware or failed to understand what they did wrong. As such, the punishment will vary considerably and where there is doubt by an Admin the offense could even go unpunished. (This could be called Slapus Wristii or Banus Notappplicabii) :P Not intending to offend you over your latin use but is it really necessary?

Admins need to be democratic, not dictatorial/fascist ;)

@TheCreepyTruckr if you feel that your report was not correctly done you can always send the URL of the report to the feedback mail, it will be reviewed.

all feedback is highly appreciated. that way we can improve the way we work and learn how to make the right decisions. afterall we are all humans and we can make mistakes as we are not perfect.

But that doesn't mean we are not eager to learn.we learn new things everyday :)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic

Archived