Automatic Headlights Advisory

Fumiko

Feels like I'm spamming the forum so this is the last one for a while I promise lol. 

Suggestion Name: Server triggered headlight warning

Suggestion Description:

-if the server time is 19:00 send out a reminder to all players presently online.

-if a player logs in after 19:00 and before 7:00 send them a reminder as well. 

So it would be an one time reminder after every successful login session between the hours of 19:00 and 7:00

Any example images: No, but it would look just like the warning you get when a server update is incoming.

Why should it be added?: Make an admin's life slightly easier instead of having them spam the in-game chat with headlight reminders every so often during the night hours.

• Upvote 3

ZFTe8IK.jpg

1 minute ago, user454 said:

+1

Admins would not need to give out warning and it warns a player that joins. This should be for all languages!

Easy talking but the developers can or will not code something like that, if they could - they would already have made a multiple language supported tab menu. Most of the admins use an auto-typer anyway, they only have to press 1 button to send the warning.

Just now, C?nnell said:

Easy talking but the developers can or will not code something like that, if they could - they would already have made a multiple language supported tab menu. Most of the admins use an auto-typer anyway, they only have to press 1 button to send the warning.

I don't see admins write the same things. Also can you check out my latest suggestion and tell me if its good?

@C?nnell There are some problems that can arise with that you just said

1) Admins can only send out a reminder when they remember to.

2) If no admins are present on a server at a given point in time there's no reminder.

3) If an admin sends out a reminder at 19:12 and you log on 19:20 you most definitely won't see the reminder.
I can't see the problem with implementing this because it should only take some data, an if statement or two and a output statement. I'm not asking for a super complex system but a little script that is scheduled to run between certain hours to display a message that's it. And even adding what @user454 said can also be done by having a data structure with the same sentence in different languages and selecting the right message based on the user language preference. :) 

• Upvote 1

ZFTe8IK.jpg

Just now, Fumiko said:

@C?nnell There are some problems that can arise with that you just said

1) Admins can only send out a reminder when they remember to.

2) If no admins are present on a server at a given point in time there's no reminder.

3) If an admin sends out a reminder at 19:12 and you log on 19:20 you must definitely won't see the reminder.
I can't see the problem with implementing this because it should only take some data, an if statement or two and a output statement. I'm not asking for a super complex system but a little script that is scheduled to run between certain hours to display a message that's it. And even adding what @user454 said can also be done by having a data structure with the same sentence in different languages and selecting the right message based on the user language preference. :) 

Well we can forget the language thing, but if the warning is going to be in chat, you can write each language from top to bottom.

For example:

EN - You must have your headlights on during 19:00 to 8:00

TR - Isiklari saat 19:00dan 8:00e kadar acik durmali

-1 if people are going to drive with no lights on, then they're goi g to drive with no lights on, no matter how many times you warn them, I've met loads of people driving with no lights, usually in dark coloured trucks, even though global warnings are sent.

yes it would take a little pressure off the admins, but, if it's a one time thing, then chances are people will forget or ignore it anyway.

in my opinion, a better system would be a an execute dialogue that appears in chat regardless of chat settings every 5 minutes, like your idea, but from 5PM to 8AM (to take into account winter mod and brightness/weather settings etc). 

6 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

-1 if people are going to drive with no lights on, then they're goi g to drive with no lights on, no matter how many times you warn them, I've met loads of people driving with no lights, usually in dark coloured trucks, even though global warnings are sent.

yes it would take a little pressure off the admins, but, if it's a one time thing, then chances are people will forget or ignore it anyway.

in my opinion, a better system would be a an execute dialogue that appears in chat regardless of chat settings every 5 minutes, like your idea, but from 5PM to 8AM (to take into account winter mod and brightness/weather settings etc). 

I forget to turn on my lights sometimes. And maybe those poeple forgot too.

34 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

but, if it's a one time thing, then chances are people will forget or ignore it anyway.

Well it would be a one time time per login or at 19:00 because I'm making the assumption that logging in for the first time after 19:00 or being online before 19:00 more than likely a player's headlights are going to be off. After that if they have it off and are caught they would receive punishment as usual.

38 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

better system would be a an execute dialogue that appears in chat regardless of chat settings every 5 minutes

This would be a little more challenging to implement because the system would have to know when a players headlights are eventually on otherwise things would get messy. Imagine trying to talk to your friends in chat with that reminder every 5 minutes.:D 

ZFTe8IK.jpg

22 hours ago, Fumiko said:

Well it would be a one time time per login or at 19:00 because I'm making the assumption that logging in for the first time after 19:00 or being online before 19:00 more than likely a player's headlights are going to be off. After that if they have it off and are caught they would receive punishment as usual.

This would be a little more challenging to implement because the system would have to know when a players headlights are eventually on otherwise things would get messy. Imagine trying to talk to your friends in chat with that reminder every 5 minutes.:D 

I'm not talking about a system that registers what your headlight state is, (especially as I personally always have sidelights on during the day as a general rule) what I'm talking about is like the old days with the advertisements for things to do with TMP that would pop up in chat every x minutes, it doesn't require majors coding, it doesn't require admins to initialise it, all it needs to do is run off of the server time so when 5pm rolls arou,d, it starts broadcasting and when 7 am appears, it stops, it's not that hard nor complicated.

23 hours ago, user454 said:

I forget to turn on my lights sometimes. And maybe those poeple forgot too.

So people driving at 1am when it's pitch black just "forgot" to turn their lights on to see? I have a hard time believing that. Early in the evening I can understand because of how long it takes for the sun to set, but when it's already late at night and you have no lights on, there's no excuse in my opinion,  you deserve all the punishments because it's super dangerous, especially with a dark coloured truck, you're practically invisible until you hit the brakes or when you get so close to the truck with no lights on that you can read every letter on the number plate on the cab itself. So if you "forget" you deserve to be punished because you're still a major hazard on the road and can cause massive problems.

• Upvote 1

-1 it should be people's responsibility to turn the head lights on at 19:00, and besides, admins already warn people to turn lights on very often, nearly every time I am on and its night time. Besides, in real life if you are driving without lights in the middle of the night you don't get a warning, you get pulled over. 

@sko0923 Yes it would be obvious when its dark out but is 19:01 dark? is 19:45 dark? is 6:30 dark? What's the light difference between 18:15 and 19:03? Is it really that noticeable? And if every driver is responsible for their lights (which I'm not against) then why do admins even see it necessary to put out notices? Why not just kick / ban straight away? There must be something else to it.

@megadethsteve666 oh? something like that was around? interesting, then what you said could easily work.

ZFTe8IK.jpg

1 hour ago, Fumiko said:

Why not just kick / ban straight away? 

I guess a warning or reminder so that they don't have to kick/ban, because I'm sure they would rather not. Similarly to real life where you would see perhaps electronic boards or similar giving people reminders such as to buckle up, turn the lights on, etc

• Upvote 1

+1 

Like the Idea , but if the player want to troll he will troll , even he was reminded :D

so even without this our IGA doing their works :D

and if you're not a trollers , I'm sure you will turn on your headlights when its dark. :troll:

• Upvote 1

Add me on Steam             Follow Me on Twitter

J3uYEiE.png?1                     MLgPCGo.png?1

In my opinion even the admins' warnings are unnecessary. It should be clear to everyone that the driving lights are required to be on from 19:00 to 7:00. The rule has been there long enough for everyone to learn to follow it, if you ever bothered to read the rules.

14 hours ago, Fumiko said:

ld be obvious when its dark out but is 19:01 dark? is 19:45 dark? is 6:30 dark? What's the light difference between 18:15 and 19:03? Is it really that noticeable?

I believe the exact time frame was set to have some kind of clear rule to refer to when giving punishments to ghost drivers. If I was an in-game administrator, I wouldn't kick or ban anyone for not having their driving lights on after 19:00 as long as it doesn't cause danger to other players. 

• Upvote 1

Ready to go!

I'm neutral for this suggestion because

+ That might be useful to have this warning in each language

+ This could facilitate the work of IGAs

- That's some players have nothing to do warnings

- I think the players obviously have to put their headlights by habits, they're have to follow the rules of TMP

^

I agree, the most natural thing to do when it gets dark is to turn your lights on,so for people to drive with no lights will always be suspicious because even if you forget, not being able to see hardly at all will be a big reminder anyway..

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quote. Please refer to the post above with "^" or tag the person.

I agree with everyone opinions when it comes to it being dark out and what @DerAmpelmann said is fine but let's look at this from another perspective. Let's say an admin doesn't share the same view on the issue as @DerAmpelmann. You login as usual, head out on the road it's a little before 19:00 so you're fine, you chat a little with you're friends, get distracted by a few trolls and re-spawn a few times. It's now 19:10 but you were too busy reporting that idiot for ramming your friend to notice, an admin passes you and you end up getting banned for a week for 'ghost driving'. In a situation like that if there was a little notification with maybe a small chime sound that reminded you that it's time to turn on your headlights thus increasing the possibility of avoiding that situation all together wouldn't you be grateful?

ZFTe8IK.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.