Calais Duisburg Road x Brussel Rotterdam Intersection Mapping Idea

EG0611

Suggestion Name: Calais Duisburg Road x Brussel Rotterdam Intersection Idea

Suggestion Description: Everybody knows the traffic congession in this particular area due to its horrible design by SCS and the hunger of people to be in crowded places. My suggestion is placing a better intersection in this place in order to at least prevent cross traffics.

Any example images: Now this is the part where this suggestion diverge from other suggestions about building new intersection. Because I personaly build one.

20170518203112_1.jpg

20170518203127_1.jpg

20170518203138_1.jpg

20170518203145_1.jpg

20170518203205_1.jpg

20170518203218_1.jpg

20170518203307_1.jpg

20170518203326_1.jpg

20170518203338_1.jpg

20170518203348_1.jpg

20170518203452_1.jpg

Promo and Test Video:

SCS Forum topic: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=241000

ets2.lt topic: https://ets2.lt/en/rotterdam-brussel-highway-x-calais-duisburg-road-intersection-mod-no-dlc-is-required/#more-160358

Why should it be added?: It diverges the cross traffic, especially the traffic of Rotterdam>Duisburg, Calais>Duisburg and Calais>Rotterdam. The maximum t.c. (triangle count) value is 800k which is lower than SCS limitation of 1 million. It doesn't require any DLCs so players with only base map and players with all DLCs will see the same thing. I know this intersection is not real from IRL but SCS map is already not real at all. I also know I used France road models in Belgium but the point of this mod was making this map with ONLY base map assets, that's why it's size is less than 1 MB. Mod has been downloaded by 1208 times at the moment and there are no bad returns or bug reports. I know in before, mwl and vodka made a MP live stream on Rusmap so there is a possibility of using map mods with MP.

Edited by EliteGamer0611

@EliteGamer0611 to be really honest with you I think no matter how wide or big the intersection is some players will find a way to cause a traffic jam. Its like if they play and there's no traffic anywhere they will have a mental breakdown.  

• Upvote 2

ZFTe8IK.jpg

I like the effort and all that you've put into this idea, but TruckersMP can not change the roads or anything related like that, this is all up to SCS. Even if this intersection was put into the game, players will indeed as said above find a way to cause a traffic jam. Remember Europort?

To be honest, I think it does not matter how big or bigger the crossroads are, some players find a way to cause a traffic jam.
Or the players go back, or search for another place so SCS can always change the folder.

If you really want to drive realistically, you can also choose to sit in another game server.
For example:
- EU #1 (And no car's)
- EU #3 (And with Car's)
- Or Others Road's

Im with max 25 on this one... 
and TBH... i kinda like sitting in a traffic jam... adds more realism to things... 
If you dont want to sit in a traffic jam then indeed use EU#1 or EU#3 or just pick a different road

You pretty much know that there is gonna be slow traffic there... so why go there anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice mod I guess but it looks like a copy of intersections from the Vive La France DLC and ported over to the C-D intersection area.. which is why SCS probably wouldn't change it as those intersections are part of that purchase. But no harm trying.. go ahead and post this suggestion in their forums under Feature Wishlists and Suggestions and include a poll. If the votes are high, you might get the job done so goodluck!

Then again, the jams will happen if commuters make them happen. If you wanna avoid the jams, best to avoid C-D altogether and re-route to less populated routes ;)

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.