New problems at Calais-Duisburg

BlueSky <3

Hello guys,

at this video I will show you, that the C-D road has a new problem: Too slow driving and no warning lights to warn of the traffic jam or an accident.

Many accidents happen by the constant overtaking of slow trucks and if one does not put the warning lights, someone always goes in.

I hope you can see this in this video here.

https://youtu.be/-EQ93WjKbtA

Let's Just get this out of the way, shall we? most of 67% people that play this game are kids mostly and the rest don't really follow the rules other then admins mods and other staff members and some others that actually like playing by the rules sadly the C-D is not fun because of this but it is recommended Not to go on those roads and to follow all rules" also TruckersMP Can not fix the game map or anything the only people that are able to change that are the original SCS Developers.

Yeah, we are well aware about the problems taking place in that road, but what can the IGAs do apart from banning the reckless drivers? The best solution avoiding that single road.

The alternative routes may be full as well, but not as much as the Calais-Duisburg main one.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

The whole road is a mess. I refuse to drive it due to the childish nature of most of the drivers. A lot act like it's a demolition derby. It's not worth the 100's of thousands of dollars in damage because everyone is in a rush.

Just out of curiosity what is y our definition of too slow? If your talking about speed limit driving then that can't be considered to slow. Judging from your video you drive over speed limit by quite alot. So you can't say other drivers are driving to slow your just driving too fast 28b304ad361ad1818916fb60e6f7002d.png

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Best way is to avoid this route and find another way, driving through this route takes a lot of time, if you're up for that then there's no problem. Some players even find it challenging driving through these kind of busy roads. Nice driving in the video by the way ;)

The problem in C - D road is the Drivers not in the road .

If everyone will follow rules , there will be no accidents .

and at your video , your not overtaking right. you're cutting them. 

read the rules how to overtake.

"What you see is not what they saw" 

Add me on Steam             Follow Me on Twitter

J3uYEiE.png?1                     MLgPCGo.png?1

Well, "too slow driving" doesn't exist (unless you're holding up traffic on purpose by driving 15 km/h or something all the time). People just don't follow the actual speed limits ingame anymore (which is not a punishable offence as that is allowed), which make it seems like the roads in ETS2 MP are a racing track.

I have an automatic 90 km/h speed limit if I have a trailer as I always pick these from World of Trucks, so even if I wanted to speed up I can't do it anyway with the consequence of many people overtaking in dangerous situations. You should keep that in mind, as trucking in real life means nothing more but that speed limit so as a matter of fact those with a speed limit are driving realistic. It's not like ETS2 is a racing game or challenge to deliver the cargo in the fastest time, it's a Simulator about trucking. And no I won't play on the EU1 Server (speed limit only) just to please those who want to race. After all, the traffic on the servers must be diverse. There are experienced and inexperienced drivers, trucks and cars et cetra... The speed limits on the Calais - Duisburg roads are 60 km/h, 80 km/h and 90 km/h. So I'm not doing anything wrong either with my speed limit. On the highway I always keep to the most right as I'm slower traffic, European traffic law applies. Sticking left for a too long time is indeed a punishable offence in RL as you keep up the traffic flow, not mentioned in the ingame rules though but I'll do it anyway.

For the problems of C-D are simply caused by those who overtake without vision, leaving traffic stuck on the road because there is another accident. You should count all the accidens which occure on that road (during rush hour) for fun, I never experienced an incident-free road trip on that road. Also because of the wrongly placed yield signs at the highway junction, keeping the traffic flow up. This is causing the main traffic jam at the near end of the road.  

On 15.06.2017 at 6:10 PM, [TruckersPH] C. Jeremy said:

The problem in C - D road is the Drivers not in the road .

If everyone will follow rules , there will be no accidents .

and at your video , your not overtaking right. you're cutting them. 

read the rules how to overtake.

"What you see is not what they saw" 

I have not cutted him, he has given me room so I can overtake.

And thanks, when you giving me the dislike :)

^ Pomerov

Good that you have 90 km/h speed limit, very good. But I hate that one truck driver, who drives always 120km/h and overtake. I drove with my Skoda 120-160 km/h(I knew, it is not a racing game) but when there is someone who drives 90 km/h I won't overtake him.

On 15.06.2017 at 5:51 PM, Truckerpilot said:

Just out of curiosity what is y our definition of too slow? If your talking about speed limit driving then that can't be considered to slow. Judging from your video you drive over speed limit by quite alot. So you can't say other drivers are driving to slow your just driving too fast 28b304ad361ad1818916fb60e6f7002d.png

See my quote over these. I'm driving with the skoda fast, but with the truck I drive 60-80km/h. And I didn't made an accident.

23 minutes ago, preciseloner said:

^ Pomerov

Good that you have 90 km/h speed limit, very good. But I hate that one truck driver, who drives always 120km/h and overtake. I drove with my Skoda 120-160 km/h(I knew, it is not a racing game) but when there is someone who drives 90 km/h I won't overtake him.

Yes I do warn other people in my tag for it. It's not like you're not allowed to overtake me (well at least not in parts where you're allowed to overtake, excluding solid lines and no-overtake zones by ingame administration), but if you're going to overtake at least do it safely for yourself and your surrounding area. Just like in real life. I just warn people about it in my tag so they won't rage over my slowliness and can adjust their speed to it on time (however that won't make a difference if they pass by with 250 km/h)..  

11 minutes ago, Max25 said:

If you really want to drive realistically, you can also choose to sit in another game server.

For example:

- EU #1 (And no car's)

- EU #3 (And with Car's)

- Or Others Road's

Not sure if this was meant to me, but:

27 minutes ago, Pomerov said:

It's not like ETS2 is a racing game or challenge to deliver the cargo in the fastest time, it's a Simulator about trucking. And no I won't play on the EU1 Server (speed limit only) just to please those who want to race. After all, the traffic on the servers must be diverse. There are experienced and inexperienced drivers, trucks and cars et cetra... The speed limits on the Calais - Duisburg roads are 60 km/h, 80 km/h and 90 km/h. So I'm not doing anything wrong either with my speed limit. 

I do WoT jobs too, so my max speed is 90 Km/h unless going downhill, and since I use gearbox with retarder, auto-retarder option with 0 Km/h tolerance, even going downhill my truck usually doesn't go over 92-93 Km/h. This is one of the reasons why I stopped using that road. Not because by driving @60 Km/h on a road with that limit I would be "bothering" the speeders, I never cared about that. But WoT jobs can't be "autoloaded", once your trailer gets damage it stays until you deliver or cancel the job. Trying that road at peak hours made me cancel lots of jobs, the cargo was so damaged that it wasn't worth it to continue. And I discovered that any route going on that road can be bypassed with one single waypoint on the highway, near Liege, the trip is only 80 Km longer and since you drive on highways, no traffic jams, it's a lot faster. Another reason to avoid that road is that it's a trolls/idiots magnet. I play the game to have a relaxing time, and seeing all those people driving like drunken monkeys, shouting over the CB radio and/or swearing and insulting in the chat like imbecile barbarians, the constant "REPORT" "REPORT" "ADMIN" "BAN 12345" "RECORDED" "REPORTED"... Too stressful for me.

The most surprising thing is how some people keeps complaining about the chaos/bad drivers there after they go on purpose, precisely because of that chaos. It's like hitting your head against a brick wall and then complain about you having a headache.

Fernando you are a legend. 

But yes there's not much that can be done. Regardless of how well people drive, if you have 20% or the server on that road it'll cause chaos

Solution 1 ) : Avoid the road

Solution 2 ) : having more admin

Solution 3 ) : asking scs to make a new configuration of C-D or ask them to make the road bigger 

Solution 4 ) : i suggest if it make more than 2/3 time your are ban in the C-D area ( Calais - Duisburg - Europort - C-D road ) you get an extend ban time.. ( as exemple: 1 day just because you are in this area ) 

Solution 5 ) : reduce the number of player in some server .. ( instead of 3500 .. drop it to 3000 )

i'm sure if we debate on this for few day, there alot of solution we could/can concider as well... but it better to avoid the place and/or play on another server ... and let some player ruin your day. 

Last time I checked, my GPS showed a speed limit of 60 km/h (37mph) for most parts of the C-D road.

So there can be no talk of "too slow driving" but rather of driving too fast.

Crashing into the unmarked end of a traffic jam is a direct result of going too fast.

Moreover I observed a high potential of impatience that leads to numerous rule violations (including but not limited to: reckless driving, ramming, ghost driving, horn spamming, etc.).

What is the rush anyway, guys?

How can people still thing that slower drivers are the problem on C-D and other roads too?
This game is not a racing sim, trucks have speed limit for a reason, same for the roads.
If u drive faster which is fine, you shoud still care and be ready slow when needed.
Most of the time when i get hit, it's from people who lose control on turns because its too hard  fo them to slow 10-20 km/h for few seconds.

Edit: i agree that most people on C-D road go there on purpose,  only to be in area with high traffic.
I go there 1-2 times per month if my job send me.

This is always and everywhere.
Yes, you can simply, nothing done here on.
Voorheen was dit probleem bij Euro Poort, now it is at Duisburg - Calais, Next time the weather is somewhere else.
Nutteloos verkeer zal je altijd en overal tegenkomen.
Well the speed limit under the 70 or 90 km maybe, that might well help.

Archived