Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Non-collision for Bâtisse

Fumiko

Suggestion Name: Non-collision zone for Bâtisse 

Suggestion Description: As it is a public drop-off/pickup point from time to time there are mishaps when multiple players are trying to use the area at once.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: It'd allow multiple users to deliver at the same time.

Unless there's a specific reason for it not being a N.C zone?

ZFTe8IK.jpg

Can't really say whether I agree or disagree. In Vive La France, there isn't as much traffic and I actually don't mind some industries there being a collision zone, as usually those who buy the DLC take the game seriously and are on the higher end of driving abilities, and it would make for a nice challenge/time to try to park in a collision zone industry, how its supposed to be in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sko0923 said:

Can't really say whether I agree or disagree. In Vive La France, there isn't as much traffic and I actually don't mind some industries there being a collision zone, as usually those who buy the DLC take the game seriously and are on the higher end of driving abilities, and it would make for a nice challenge/time to try to park in a collision zone industry, how its supposed to be in my opinion. 

I actually don't have the dlc so I didn't know that it was a dlc thing. But there is a specific one that is apart of the base game in Paris and that was the one I knew about and referred to. But seeing as how the others may not be popular I can see why it isn't a N.C area. 

ZFTe8IK.jpg

I would agree totally with @sko0923 but there's a problem: Most of the players assume that once they enter a company grounds, to pick or deliver, they are in a NCZ.

Example: You enter Bâtisse's grounds, start maneuvering to park your trailer and finish the delivery after 2000 Km without damage. Someone else enters to pick a job. Taking for granted that he's inside a NCZ, tries to drive towards his trailer going through yours, crashing and damaging it... I can't tell about others, but I definitely would not be happy (and I only do WoT jobs since months ago, so it's not possible for me to load a previously saved game and "restore" the trailer). Worst thing is that you can't even blame it on the other player, as those areas are supposed to be NCZ. The good thing is that I wouldn't cause such an issue, I don't like to go through other vehicles, not even inside NCZs, if someone is on my way, I stop and wait, if someone is already parking, I stop and wait. But... Most players don't have that kind of patience.

EDIT: The point I agree on is that non-NCZ companies would be a lot more realistic and cool. But we all know that this is not feasible, there will always be those popular places where 20-30 people are trying to pick/deliver at the same time, and it would be horrible for setting start points in convoys. And there would always be the impatient players that wouldn't bother waiting, crashing others or making the patient ones to be waiting forever...

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
  • Upvote 2

^^ That would be a possible solution, but I believe that companies that are not NCZ currently are "bugged" and they should be made NCZ. Making it so some are NCZ and others aren't is too risky. Even with huge warnings (and how would this be implemented, if it's even possible?) many people don't pay attention to them. Updating the rules like you say would bring a lot of complaints, appeals, etc. Since most companies' grounds are NCZ, all of them should be. This is one of those cases where "all or nothing" applies, it's the best for avoiding problems. No NCZ companies (all of them) is not doable, it would be more realistic, but the subsequent chaos would make it not worthy. So... All must be NCZ, no risk of forgetting that you can crash into others in this particular company. Another point for not making them CZ is that when someone picks a quick job, the truck and trailer just spawn in the company area. If it's collision-enabled, some other truck could be in that same spot, making both to fly/go underground. Also, with the auto-parking feature, people arrives at the grounds, stop at the green spot by the entrance and if they choose the auto-park, their truck and trailer are also teleported inside the area, maybe into some other vehicle. That's why NCZ in companies is a must.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Also, with the auto-parking feature, people arrives at the grounds, stop at the green spot by the entrance and if they choose the auto-park, their truck and trailer are also teleported inside the area, maybe into some other vehicle. That's why NCZ in companies is a must.

Yes you are right. It's a big problem. NCZ in companies is a must in the following case.

I think we need to generalise across the map for what should be an ncz zone and what shouldn't, to stop any shock surprises ie entering a company that is not NCz. Regarding companies not being ncz, I think this would be a bad idea considering some people really cannot reverse which would cause chaos, people's impatience and the fact that the job and parking selection is right at the entrance to the company which would cause crazy tailbacks

• 3 weeks later...

^ Could be happening to you only because of a mod you're using, if you're using one. Maybe file a bug report on SCS forums to get it checked out by the admins straight away (sorry further digression I know, lol.)

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...