Teleporting Spawners

Fumiko

NOTE: This would apply to spawning because of a break in network connection not reloading from a save point

Suggestion Name: Re-Connection teleport 

Suggestion Description: I've been through this situation personally a few times because of network issues where I'm driving along the road and *bam* everyone disappears and the red text of sorrow appears on the bottom left and before I can react properly I am immediately reconnected only to see a stream of white text show up.
"Report 0"
"Rec ban 0"
"Admin ban 0!!!!!"

"Speed hack!!!!!"

With a scene of carnage remaining

Now the proposed solution would be more of a long term one and would entail having roads and grassland areas marked with a unique identifier using the present mp map or making another one. Then if a player is on a road lets say "RE101" (or you could use the actual road way name) and the system detects a abnormal break in network connection then the user would be teleported to "RE101rs" (That would the the grassland along side the main road) and then made non-collision for lets say 50 secs until they become visible BUT then not permitted to move until the N.C period has passed thus eliminating the possibly of trolls exploiting the NC phase. The reason for making them N.C is for the case where some someone else is already parked at that point.

If more than one users are disconnected at once: teleport both the nearest service station.
If more than one users are disconnected at a slightly different times: if the time elasped since the first user being teleported is less and or equal to 25 secs move subsequent players to service if not proceed with teleport.

Alternative solution 1: Have user(s) teleported as before but in the case of them being teleported to the same spot then they would be in a N.C state until one of the user's boundary box for their truck has cleared the other. In other words you are in a N.C state until you are safely away from other users.(This may be an SCS issue so idk how viable this specific idea is).

Alternative solution 2: Teleport to all disconnected players to nearest service upon re-connection, this would only have the slight inconvenience of increase in the length of the journey in some cases. 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: To protect fellow road users and the affected player from damages caused by factors outside the user's control.

As always leave your concerns in the comments, They are welcomed. :D 

ZFTe8IK.jpg

You say this will apply to users who have a break in a network connection... My question is this, what difference is having a network connection error between loading a previous save? In both instances you're still spawning on the road. Either all road spawners get TPed, or no road spawners get TPed.

"Why should it be added?: To protect fellow road users and the affected player from damages caused by factors outside the user's control"

People really need to quit saying this, if you spawn on the road YOU'RE at fault period: 

1. Your game crashed? Load SP then go to a NCZ then rejoin MP. Didn't spawn on the road, didn't cause damage to anyone.

2. Want to have a "checkpoint"? Pull over and save the game, or save in a NCZ even better. Happen to get in a crash and you want your damage to unrealistically magically disappear? Load the save that is off of the road or better yet, load the one that is in the NCZ. Once again, Didn't spawn on the road, didn't cause damage to anyone.

Both above examples seem to be IN the players control to me, not out of it. There are ways around not spawning on the road, players just choose not to do it. So as I said, either all road spawners get TPed, or no road spawners get TPed. 

There might be other instances of when players spawn on the road but from my experience only the above 2 examples happen. Personally I've never seen someone have a network connection error then rejoin MP right away. Usually they'll get kicked for ping, kicked for some sort of rule violation, reload a save or their game crashes. 

• Upvote 1

Agreed with the previous post. I can see the issue you're talking about, it has happened to me and what I do as soon as I see the "trying to connect" is pull over and stop out of the road until the connection is established again or I restart the game. There's time for this, even when there's no queue (and if there's a queue for connecting, you have even more time to stop).

-1 not only would this be super complex to try and code, but also, there are so many variables that would make the whole situation a lot worse.

a more simpler solution is to override the reconnect system if your vehicle is on the roadway, I.e. Has any wheel, whether cab or trailer, that is touching or is in an unsafe location on the roadway.

so basically, if you are disconnected due to a network error, instead of being automaticallyteleported off the road etc, the player gets a notification on screen to either F7+Enter to the nearest services or to pull their vehicle completely off the road to not impede traffic flow. Once done, all the player would need to do is wait for the reconnect system to cycle again and reconnect, if by chance the point you respawn is occupied by another vehicle, no collide rules same as exiting a NC zone at the same time as another player are applied immediately upon respawn as standard. 

This way, it forces people to be conscious of where they respawn and stops the whole annoying process of quitting MP, waiting for single player to load (not everyone has SSDs that can load games super fast) then finally move your vehicle the all important 20 ft over to be off the road, then ha e to exit SP, restart MP and have to wait in queue to be able to start driving again, that's why @Trucking Gekco,a lot of people spawn in on the road instead of off the road, the process of going through SP etc can take up to 20 MINS depending on your PC and the queue size for the server. Same goes for stopping and saving off the road, the amount of bad driving that happens on the roads would require a save every 5 minutes or so, again, not everyone has super fast SSDs that can save data in a couple of seconds, I know my old hard drive in my old machine would take up to half a minute to save the game. 

What im saying is cut out the middle man, the SP headache and the saving nightmare and just make those reconnecting make sure their vehicle is out of the active roadway before allowing the reconnect system to engage, it's a lot simpler than teleporting players around.

• 10 months later...

The recently added ghost mode is going to prevent this issue. Unfortunately, your idea was to teleport people which is not going to happen.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.