Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Automatic teleport + kick for Reports

Fumiko

If there's any post that is the same as this one then please link in the comments :) it would be grately appreciated. Thanks

Suggestion Name: Auto tprk

Suggestion Description:

Now I've seen other threads suggest ideas of a similar background and some were met with negative feedback but I believe the core idea itself isn't a bad one.
Firstly I'll give you a scenario to help get my point across.
Now imagine a situation like this; you are in a convoy of let's say 50+ players and you are somewhere along the route where the nearest service station is Duisburg (Could be any other highly populated place). A player is blocking the road up ahead and you can't get around because of the barriers on both sides of the road. The convoy is forced to halt. What do you do? why report of course! But fortunately/unfortunately the user has already been reported. So what do you do in the mean time? Record for suitable action to be taken by the admin team at a later point in time but until you can submit the report you're stuck waiting at the mercy of the blocking player. Now presently its either you wait until who knows when or all 50+ convoy participants teleport to duisburg at once.

The Proposed Idea
Now given the situation the proposed idea would be the simplest course of action. The idea goes like this, all 50+ players and any other affected player can report the offender and if the amount of report pasts a threshold in a certain time period the report user is automatically teleported to the nearest service station and kicked then a reason communicated to the affected player for example "You were kicked because of a high amount of reports for (Blocking) in the span of (1min)". This would provide a immediate response and curtail any further progression of the situation. Also not only would the convoy be able to continue but video evidence could still be submitted for administrative review afterwards.

Concerns
Although it could be argued that the system could be abused and players targeted by bullies but as the affected user would only be teleported to a safe place and kicked they could easily rejoin the game without much problems.

Any example images: none

Why should it be added?: To provide basic first response to situations without the need for an admin to come on the scene personally.

Any further suggestions on refinement are welcome in the comments. Have a nice day :D

ZFTe8IK.jpg

Hello,

I dislike the idea, as (you even stated yourself) the system could be easily abused by groups of people in order to get a certain person kicked. 

Also, this could cause several arguments and many upset players. 

In conclusion, -1.

Regards,

• Upvote 1

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Hello,

Very similar voting systems have been suggested and rejected, mainly due to issues associated with this certain type of system that could easily be abused.

Therefor, I disagree with this suggestion due to the issues associated with it.

Have a great day or night! ;) 

- Chev.

Edited by Haulin' It! l Chev

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

How often do you run into someone blocking the road like that for an extended period of time? I am neutral on this, similar to doorgapmonster. It would be abused and not really necessary for the average amount of times a user bumps into someone  blocking an entire highway. I've ran into enough of these road blocks that I can count on my hands, and they all didn't last that long. Maybe 15 minutes at most, then they either left or an admin came and kicked them off.

I can see your concerns and of course they are valid concerns but I don't believe we should just throw out the idea. So if kicking a person could cause issues why not just teleport the user? I don't see how that would cause major problems as the immediate issue would be solved by just moving the player but the player would still be on the server and the if needs be record report system would still be of use. 

ZFTe8IK.jpg

This would be troll paradise, not only can you troll normally but you could all team up and manage to tprk a lot of people.

A better option would be (although not possible), if you were on the road (not the side) but on an active road and we could have a system to detect this and you do not move for more 2mins, then you should be kicked.  Unfortunately I don't think this is possible as there is no way to distinguish the active road from the side of the road.  

On 6/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, xJonnyxx said:

I can see your concerns and of course they are valid concerns but I don't believe we should just throw out the idea. So if kicking a person could cause issues why not just teleport the user? I don't see how that would cause major problems as the immediate issue would be solved by just moving the player but the player would still be on the server and the if needs be record report system would still be of use. 

-1 to the whole idea, trolls can abuse it no matter what, say you're driving along minding you're own business and see a handful of trucks pass in a group, next thing you know, you're either auto kicked or auto teleported, even though you've done nothing wrong. 

Its something thats hats been talked about often here, but the bottom line is, if more than one person can report a player, admins would be innovated with false and spammed reports making legitimate reports get lost, auto kicks etc are just prime for abuse by trolls..

in your scenario, the sensible thing would be to either turn the convoy around or alt tab and come to the site and request immediate admin assistance at the location you are at, as well as record what is happening to provide evidence for bans, that's the win win situation,that and getting the whole group to teleport into the city to either the garage or the services.

An altertive to this idea is to keep the auto kick/teleport, but the incident will be logged whenever the auto system is activated and those who placed the reports will be asked to provide sufficient evidence to prove that the player subject to the auto system was indeed breaking the rules, failure to provide the evidence can be given a punishment from a warning to a ban for false reporting and trolling. 

That way, it'll stop trolls from getting people kicked and will reduce the number of spam/fake reports making legit reports be counted more.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it will get abused myself. If the threshold is, say, 5 people, I highly doubt you could get that many people to gang up on one person, unless that one person actually did something wrong. +1 from me.

All it will take is a group of players to get people kicked. Now, I assume there would be a rule against abusing this type of system but trolls don't care about rules, we all know that. If you get 5-8 trolls together they can easily kick a player who is just driving down the road. Same can be said for groups who are driving together, if they don't like the way a player passed them then they can all team up and kick the player in question. 

Plus, if someone is blocking wouldn't you much rather for them to get banned rather than kicked? After all, they'll just log back in and block players all over again, a kick is just a small hurdle for a troll. 

16 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

An altertive to this idea is to keep the auto kick/teleport, but the incident will be logged whenever the auto system is activated and those who placed the reports will be asked to provide sufficient evidence to prove that the player subject to the auto system was indeed breaking the rules, failure to provide the evidence can be given a punishment from a warning to a ban for false reporting and trolling. 

That way, it'll stop trolls from getting people kicked and will reduce the number of spam/fake reports making legit reports be counted more.

That's a great idea since the only way to actually hand out punishment with administration being present would be video evidence that could work :D

ZFTe8IK.jpg

^

Exactly, if evidence can be provided to prove that said player was indeed causing an issue as reported, then it can be dealt with, either will a more fixed punishment or whatever, but if it's just a group of trolls reporting people at random, then they are the ones to get punished, it's just a simple way to allow multiple people to report an incident, without the drawback of trolls abusing the system, and it still keeps the important human touch when it comes down to the barebones of it.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quote. Please refer to the post above with "^" or tag the person.

• 1 month later...

It has been suggested before as mentioned by @Haulin' It! l Chev and those suggestions were declined. One can simply abuse this system, hence why it will not be implemented. We have highly qualified in-game admins who can deal with every situation properly. With great power comes great responsibility and you cannot give this responsibility to an unknown number of players who are basically voting to kick a user. It could be used to discriminate users or be abused otherwise.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.