Connection broken

Question

When i want to play the text in top-right corner says "Authenticating" and then i see "Connection with the server has been broken" message on chat.

Your pings are terrible. Either somehow try to manage to connect with Ethernet or contact you ISP and see if they can help you.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Hello @jacobson1

Please can you reinstall both truckersmp and ETS2/ATS.  

Please can you Open port 42850 on your router.

This issue is most likely due to your ISP.  

Please also make sure you don't have any other network heavy applications running in the background

Does this work?

Hi jacobson1, 

If the solution given by @oolala11 fails to work, then please try the following instructions below:

> Press Start or the Windows icon via your desktop taskpane
> Search for "cmd"
> Right click the "cmd" icon and select "Run as Administrator"
> Within cmd - Type this command:   "ipconfig /flushdns"     (Without any quotation " " marks)
> Wait for this to complete. 

> Re-attempt to connect

hi @oolala11

Installing ETS2 right now, i will tell if it works when its done.

Wooow... 99% installing and "MISSING FILE PRIVELLEGES", i have a new problem i think.

"missing file..." problem has been solved but truckersmp doesnt work, i opened ports on 192.168.1.1 and firewall but still doesnt work.

Edited by kubawww1
Posts merged

1 hour ago, EnLight said:

Hi jacobson1, 

If the solution given by @oolala11 fails to work, then please try the following instructions below:

> Search for "cmd"
> Within cmd - Type this command:   "ipconfig /flushdns"     (Without any quotation " " marks)

> Re-attempt to connect

As shown by this, please try flushing the DNS 

1 hour ago, EnLight said:

Hi jacobson1, 

> Search for "cmd"

> Re-attempt to connect

Hi @EnLight, it still doesnt work. Maybe i will add more details: First it says that im in queue, then it says "OFFLINE" for a while, then "AUTHENTICATING" and then "Connection with server has been broken" on chat.

4 minutes ago, jacobson1 said:

Hi @EnLight, it still doesnt work. Maybe i will add more details: First it says that im in queue, then it says "OFFLINE" for a while, then "AUTHENTICATING" and then "Connection with server has been broken" on chat.

May I ask which server you are trying to join? Normally at peak hours, highly populated servers such as EU2 struggle to allow some players to connect.

Could you try connecting to a less populated server such as EU1 or EU3 and report back to me on whether you can successfully establish a connection or not.

@jacobson1Please can you browse through this guide to the 

Internet connection issues.  and try the fixes given there.

Please also look at this section

Keep in mind if you have gaming motherboards.

Spoiler

If by any chance you use Killer Network Manager which is usually used by the MSI motherboards or GameFirst IV in Asus motherboards.

Try the following: Give max priority to the game in Killer Network Manager http://prntscr.com/edhv47 or try to disable/unistall the application if that doesn't disable your network adapter.

If you have an Asus mobo you can uninstall GameFirst IV because i was using it for my Asus X99 Strix Gaming motherboard and it wasn't allow me to connect to the servers no matter the priority i was giving.http://prntscr.com/edhvrf

4 minutes ago, EnLight said:

May I ask which server you are trying to join? Normally at peak hours, highly populated servers such as EU2 struggle to allow some players to connect.

Could you try connecting to a less populated server such as EU1 or EU3 and report back to me on whether you can successfully establish a connection or not.

Stil doesn't work.

1 hour ago, jacobson1 said:

hi @oolala11

Installing ETS2 right now, i will tell if it works when its done.

Wooow... 99% installing and "MISSING FILE PRIVELLEGES", i have a new problem i think.

"missing file..." problem has been solved but truckersmp doesnt work, i opened ports on 192.168.1.1 and firewall but still doesnt work.

Jacob did you fix this part?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

57 minutes ago, PrototypeGR said:

Jacob did you fix this part?

missing file privileges - yes, by rebooting computer

ports - i dont think so

Could you tell us if you are using a Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?

Also could you tell us the name of you ISP?

8 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

Could you tell us if you are using a Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?

Also could you tell us the name of you ISP?

Wi-Fi, my ISP name is GryfNet

1 hour ago, jacobson1 said:

There are other people connected :/

Please can you try connecting with an Ethernet cable when no one else is online and see if it makes a difference

You need to try to download the updates without anybody else connected for 2-5 minutes..

44 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

Please can you try connecting with an Ethernet cable when no one else is online and see if it makes a difference

Ok, i will

----------------

43 minutes ago, PrototypeGR said:

You need to try to download the updates without anybody else connected for 2-5 minutes..

I already downloaded the updates

Internet through the cable doesn't work, my ISP's site says that i can't connect and i need to type the access code.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:52 PM, jacobson1 said:

There are other people connected :/

This may be the problem. The router/modem should allow you to connect by an Ethernet cable without disrupting any other users that are connected using WIFI, so you can still try that.

But if those other people using your internet connection are downloading things, watching streaming videos or anything else that uses a lot of bandwidth, your internet link could be not enough to allow playing online at the same time.

Please, try a couple of tests here: http://beta.speedtest.net/ One of them, in usual conditions (you and the rest of the people connected), the other one making sure that you are the only one using the link and post the results here.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

This may be the problem. The router/modem should allow you to connect by an Ethernet cable without disrupting any other users that are connected using WIFI, so you can still try that.

But if those other people using your internet connection are downloading things, watching streaming videos or anything else that uses a lot of bandwidth, your internet link could be not enough to allow playing online at the same time.

Please, try a couple of tests here: http://beta.speedtest.net/ One of them, in usual conditions (you and the rest of the people connected), the other one making sure that you are the only one using the link and post the results here.

http://beta.speedtest.net/en/result/6377930932

Can you do a ping test to these IPs?

163.172.64.173 EU#1

164.132.204.68 EU#2

191.101.3.39 US#1