Appealing Not Active Bans

Description: give the users the possibility to appeal to no more active bans

Reason: well I'd like to explain it with an example.

One week ago i received a 1 day ban that I didn't ever notice, then yesterday i randomly opened the site and found it. You will say: if it's not active why do you want to appeal? Well,because i'm one step closer to the perma ban (even if I haven't received any other bans yet).

Also some VTCs don't want players who have been banned.

What do you think about this?

Hey @Andrea Vaillant.

That's what the feedback email is for, you can email [email protected] and a member of higher up management will deem if it is appropriate to remove the ban from your account's history.

However, -1 for the suggestion as it would just take up vital time for the admins of whom most likely have many active appeals to deal with.

Kind Regards,

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

+1 from me. Anyone can be banned for a strange reason (even for admin's mistake) and not notice until some days later (real life, you know). And it shouldn't be an issue if the ban time has expired already, if I am banned and I believe that I shouldn't have been, I deserve the chance to appeal for the ban to be removed, no matter if the ban is active or expired.

• Upvote 1

Further to this, if the ban can't be removed from the profile, then it should be at least changed to say overturned.

Hey Andrea Vaillant,

I can understand your point of view , I saw your ban proof and in my opinion it isnt a ban it looks like a lag.Same situation I had 1 year ago, I was banned for 1 day because I insulted a user but I noticed that at first one month later.So I had no chance to give a statement ( I wouldnt do that anyway because my ban was correct ).I like this idea, +1 from me.

• Upvote 1

The thing is, chances are, if it's an admins mistake or a ban that was made for no reason without evidence, then chances are it'll be removed anyway, like last year where in the space of 2 weeks I got to random bans, first for apparently ramming an admin who was off duty, even though he and his friend broke several rules by passing traffic dangerously, speeding and then driving super slow, that got removed because there was 0 evidence to prove I maliciously or accidentally did anything at all. The second was an ID mistake by an admin.

long story short, use the feedback email if a ban is given for no reason, with no evidence etc, but chances are, your bans will have evidence provided that clearly shows what you did wrong, so if that's the case, then the ban shouldn't be removed, especially as people don't seem to learn nowadays unless there's evidence to the contrary. 

Basically, if you want to make a further appeal to a ban that is not active, send a message to the feedback email. Also, I agree with

18 hours ago, oolala11 said:

Further to this, if the ban can't be removed from the profile, then it should be at least changed to say overturned.

All bans that have been overturned should have this.

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

7 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, chances are, if it's an admins mistake or a ban that was made for no reason without evidence, then chances are it'll be removed anyway, like last year where in the space of 2 weeks I got to random bans, first for apparently ramming an admin who was off duty, even though he and his friend broke several rules by passing traffic dangerously, speeding and then driving super slow, that got removed because there was 0 evidence to prove I maliciously or accidentally did anything at all. The second was an ID mistake by an admin.

long story short, use the feedback email if a ban is given for no reason, with no evidence etc, but chances are, your bans will have evidence provided that clearly shows what you did wrong, so if that's the case, then the ban shouldn't be removed, especially as people don't seem to learn nowadays unless there's evidence to the contrary. 

You did not get the point :/

16 hours ago, Andrea Vaillant said:

You did not get the point :/

Oh I get your point alright, I'm just saying that there's no point in removing non active bans, unless you've got something to hide. I'd rather have a ban on record and prove to people that I've learnt from my mistake than to have it removed after so much time, removals should be left for active bans that were made by mistake or such. 

Old bans should really go into go into a separate tab so that people can see what your history is against the current times .

11 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Oh I get your point alright, I'm just saying that there's no point in removing non active bans, unless you've got something to hide. I'd rather have a ban on record and prove to people that I've learnt from my mistake than to have it removed after so much time, removals should be left for active bans that were made by mistake or such. 

Old bans should really go into go into a separate tab so that people can see what your history is against the current times .

You didn't get it again...

12 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

It's not about removing ANY expired bans, it's about having the possibilty to appeal those bans if you believe that they should be removed. An admin bans you for 2 days by a mistake in the ID. He doesn't notice that he mistyped the ID. You don't notice until 2 weeks later that you have a ban and you know that it wasn't you. Should that ban remain in your history just because it already expired?

11 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It's not about removing ANY expired bans, it's about having the possibilty to appeal those bans if you believe that they should be removed. An admin bans you for 2 days by a mistake in the ID. He doesn't notice that he mistyped the ID. You don't notice until 2 weeks later that you have a ban and you know that it wasn't you. Should that ban remain in your history just because it already expired?

But what's the point?what is the point in having any bans removed? Whether you feel they should or not. I got a ban for a stupid mistake, yet you don't see me +1 to get this in place so it can be removed. Not everyone will ever want to have this. 

Also, if it's an admin mistake, you use the feedback email and query it to point out the mistake, chances are it'll be removed anyway, but I don't know about you, but if I get banned out of the blue, I always check the ban to see the evidence provided to see what it was I did wrong, so unless you are guilty, you wouldn't ignore a ban that came out of nowhere, i.e. A mistake by an admin. 

Plus, so long as there's a difference of 1 year between bans, they will not add up and the first few are at admins discretion meaning you could get a day or a year depending on the situation at hand.

^^ I have never been banned, so I'm not sure how the appealing process works. But I guess that you need to be banned at the moment of the appeal. That's the problem: You are playing, peacefully. Following day, you go away from home 2 weeks on vacation. That same day, an admin sees a report about you and decides to give your account a 3 days ban. When you come back from your vacation you see that ban, you know that you did nothing wrong and maybe you even have video evidence to prove it because you recorded that day's game session. But since you are not currently banned, you can't appeal (I can't be wrong about this, like I said). And I don't know about the feedback e-mail but supposedly, you need to reference the ban appeal (which you don't have) to ask for the ban to be removed, so it would be a lot more complicated than just sending an appeal for the expired ban.

4 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

I got a ban for a stupid mistake, yet you don't see me +1 to get this in place so it can be removed.

Question: That stupid mistake was yours or was it the admin's mistake (wrong ID or whatever other reasons)? First case, nothing to do with this suggestion. Second case, if you don't care about having a ban you didn't deserve, that's OK, but I would care and I guess that a lot of other people would too. Anyone can see my profile, why should they think that I insulted/rammed/blocked/etc. if I never did that?

4 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

but if I get banned out of the blue, I always check the ban to see the evidence provided to see what it was I did wrong, so unless you are guilty, you wouldn't ignore a ban that came out of nowhere, i.e. A mistake by an admin. 

Of course. But you have to understand that real life can make you not to see that you were banned until after the ban has expired. You check the evidence, see that it was a mistake... But you can't send an appeal. Sure, you have the feedback option, but it would be simpler to use the system and just send the appeal as soon as you see it, no matter if it's active or expired.

12 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ It's not like that. First 3 bans are "admin's discretion", meaning that they can be all 2 days, 1-2-3, 3-2-1, or whatever combination. Only 4th, 5th and 6th have a fixed length. Having a 3 days ban doesn't mean that the next one has to be longer.

Still i'm one ban closer to the 4th ban!

And @FernandoCR [ESP] you are completely right!

6 minutes ago, Andrea Vaillant said:

And just to update you guys, i got another ban where i'm not involved,also it appeared this morning but it has already expired. GREAT

Please don't discuss it here.

Please email [email protected]

@scarface0359

--------------------------------------

I think the topic turned from a suggestion to ban discussion.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

I'd like to start with pointing out that the appeal system is only meant to be used when the ban is incorrect. There is no point in appealing a ban if you clearly broke a rule or caused trouble. The majority of our players appeal every ban, but only appeal those that are given to you incorrectly.

If a ban isn't active anymore, you can't appeal it in the normal way. If you happen to get a ban that is incorrect and has expired, you can request a manager to review it through the feedback system. Please note that appealing a ban that expired over a month ago with broken evidence has no use. Evidence needs to be available at least for the duration of the ban + 1 additional month.

The older a ban is, the bigger the chance it has been given by a team member that isn't in our team anymore. That's one reason of why you can't appeal expired bans.

So to conclude, only appeal bans that are incorrect - no need to waste an admin's time if you are guilty. If a ban has expired and you'd like to appeal because it's incorrect, contact feedback.

Rejected.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.