Windows 10 free upgrade

[VIVΛ HH] KЯΛVΛTIΞ

"Importantly, Windows 10 will be free for existing Windows users running versions of Windows back to Windows 7. That includes Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows Phone. Microsoft specified it would only be free for the first year, indicating Windows would be software that users subscribe to, rather than buy outright."

http://mashable.com/2015/01/21/microsoft-windows-10-consumer-preview/

So guys what do you think of this?

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device – at no cost. With Windows 10, the experience will evolve and get even better over time. We’ll deliver new features when they’re ready, not waiting for the next major release. We think of Windows as a Service – in fact, one could reasonably think of Windows in the next couple of years as one of the largest Internet services on the planet.

3 years later:

"Microsoft Is Filing For Bankruptcy!"

Yup Yup... Finally one of the greater evils is about to commit corporate suicide...

Question is get a laptop now or wait? Tho i only need it for toying around and not gaming (Well maybe some low budget gaming stuff, like DDR :D)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

"supported lifetime of the device" is the key.

Lol yea they could say. Here's Windows 10 however support ends in Jan 2017 with the release of Windows 11 at $20/month... even ten a month is too much... if they do that I guess I'll "make" mp work in Linux...

SUS0M9O.gif

Keep dreaming about Linux kingdom one day, not going to happen. :) Imagine a community that does not even embrace their own offspring Android as their own. They are doomed to loose. Android is closest to popularity as Linux can get. Real world does not work on idealism.

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

think i may just have to start buying up copies of Windows 7 64bit OEM dvd's.... I know they say its free... but hell, my ass ain't never had nothing for free before without some catch or gimmick to it.... 

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

Ive heard that if you have windows 8 or 8.1 it's a free update but if you have windows 7 then it is free for a year 

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

I've heard and multiple people are "confirming" it, that if you upgrade from windows 7, 8 or 8.1 within the year, it's free and you have it for free "forever". No monthly costs or a surprise cost after that year. 

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

I've heard and multiple people are "confirming" it, that if you upgrade from windows 7, 8 or 8.1 within the year, it's free and you have it for free "forever". No monthly costs or a surprise cost after that year.

Yes but programs or sofware Will be buy but we will see how its going

Yes but programs or sofware Will be buy but we will see how its going

I know whats going to happen...

Welcome to windows 10: The Money Grabbing Edition.

You want IE? $5

You want a calculator? $5

You want to downgrade? $400 else we will **** your **** up  ;)

SUS0M9O.gif

I know whats going to happen...

Welcome to windows 10: The Money Grabbing Edition.

You want IE? $5

Bit expensive for that garbage ;)

Archived