Connection Error

CaptKerrsin

Question

Everytime I try to launch Truckers MP, I get a connection error.  I've gone over the forums a bit to try to find resolutions and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I looked into the connection error database and tried using solution 4 to see if that would help.  It didn't, and now my program is no longer creating a TruckersMP file in my program data folder.  So, I need help.

This is what comes up when I try to open my launcher (with or without admin setting turned on).

Connection Error.png

17 answers to this question

Hi,

Please could you make the TruckersMP launcher an exception through your Anti Virus Software.

Please also go to your Windows Firewall and press 'Restore Defaults' - Image shows what to click:  

c0ab01c8ed1646078c9dfe10439a4d3b.png

Image credits go to the original thread:

1 hour ago, EnLight said:

Hi,

Please could you make the TruckersMP launcher an exception through your Anti Virus Software.

Please also go to your Windows Firewall and press 'Restore Defaults' - Image shows what to click:  

c0ab01c8ed1646078c9dfe10439a4d3b.png

Image credits go to the original thread:

I've tried doing that already as well, I'm still getting the same error.  It's always the exact same error referencing the json file.

33 minutes ago, EnLight said:

I've read that json has some relation to the .NET Framework -

Could you download and run the .NET repair tool: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Then launch the launcher with administrator rights. 

I just tried that, and I still get the same error when I try to launch Truckers MP with or without admin rights. :/ I've submitted a support ticket, hopefully the developers will be able to sort it out.  Thanks for trying to help though! :D

Your ticket number?

Also, are you sure you don't have reached any bandwidth limit from your ISP. Also what's the name of your ISP?

In general make sure nothing else is using your internet connection.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

20 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

Your ticket number?

Also, are you sure you don't have reached any bandwidth limit from your ISP. Also what's the name of your ISP?

In general make sure nothing else is using your internet connection.

JDG-6U7-JAN4

I don't have any limits on my bandwidth.  I've played on ATSMP before with no issue, then after downloading the most recent version I'm getting this connection error.  Same connection, same ISP as last time, just a new update.

@CaptKerrsin Any update on this? What AV are you using?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

9 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

@CaptKerrsin Any update on this? What AV are you using?

@PrototypeGRI still get the same error.  My AV is just the built in Windows Defender for Windows 10.  I just want to play the game lol.  But it won't get past the connection error referencing the json file.  It never even creates any of the documents or program data files.

Windows Defender shouldn't cause you any connection problem.

Are you using a desktop or a laptop? Also if you have a desktop, do you have a gaming motherboard with those weird drivers for the "gaming" network card?

ex. Killer Network or Game First IV?

Also the files are located in C:\Program Files\TruckersMP and C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP

On 6/15/2017 at 6:46 AM, PrototypeGR said:

Windows Defender shouldn't cause you any connection problem.

Are you using a desktop or a laptop? Also if you have a desktop, do you have a gaming motherboard with those weird drivers for the "gaming" network card?

ex. Killer Network or Game First IV?

Also the files are located in C:\Program Files not\TruckersMP (x86) and C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP

It's a laptop.  The only program related to my grapics card is the Radeon Settings thing in my task bar that allows me to set up profiles for games under it's gaming tab.  I have the files in the C:\Program Files but there is nothing being created in C:\ProgramData.

Could you take a screenshot with the TMP files in program files?

On 6/16/2017 at 7:34 AM, PrototypeGR said:

Could you take a screenshot with the TMP files in program files?

Attatched to this post.

On 6/16/2017 at 11:45 AM, Supersam said:

I use to get this error when my internet was crap... Have you tried resetting your router? 

Yea, I've already tried that.  Gone through all kinds of dumping my cache and other things with the net adapter repair tool.  I even made sure my java was updated just in case lol.  I've desperately been trying to resolve this because I want to play with others.

screeny of tmp files.png

Hmm strange... Ok try a few other things...  First disable your firewall then we can rule out if it is your firewall or not... Secondly are you only using 1 firewall or do you have more than 1 as it can conflict? Try to start TruckersMP as administrator.... Another thing you can try is uninstall TruckersMP make sure all files are deleted to do with TruckersMP and then reinstall.... Also clean your temp files with CCleaner its free... Make sure you have the latest .NET Framework.... Right now that's all I can suggest but mostly this problem happens when either your internet isn't fast enough, Firewall or when you don't have the correct version...