0.2.1.8.2 Released

mwl4

Based on the player counts even at peak times when there are no launcher or server issues, American Truck Simulator is so obviously uncared for by the community. ETS 2 gets larger updates and is a bigger game and the MP client will always work before ATS is even considered. And that's just because this community is 98% based around ETS 2. Even those who bought ATS leave it for ETS 2 again, so it's no surprise to me the devs focused on the more popular sim. 

At this rate, I'll be happy if ATS doesn't lose any more servers due to inactivity, let alone get a client update. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

@Zomb Lee Yes,but don't be like that,people that have ATS,and cant have ETS bcs they don't have money for all DLC's ,like me,adore ATS,its a new game and we all need to give it a chance,and community will grove,in the future. I honestly Preffer ETS2,and im from EU,so Its close to my real life,but when u don't have money,u play what u can. So Im waiting for the update :D hope it comes soon

• Upvote 1

^

Definitely! There's not much else we can do except wait patiently. If course I understand how budget can affect one's ability to game for sure...i'd be lying if I said it never influenced my decisions. ATS's player count always leaps up whenever SCS adds new stuff, but I think if there were more trucks to choose from people would be more inclined to play. Two brands of truck with a modern and a "classic" throwback model each isn't really enough to satisfy players. 

I wish ATS MP would support certain truck mods. There's tons of great truck mods that are relatively light on performance. I think if they can add the Skoda or have the winter mod supported for everyone, having them hold a community vote on say 2 additional mod trucks to include with MP would be the best thing ever to happen to ATS MP and draw tons of players. 

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.
  • Upvote 1

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

Adding truck mods would be unfeasible as everyone would need to have them or others would all crash without the mod. Therefore this would increase the download size of the mod which is unfair on people with smaller hard drives and slower internet

@oolala11 The Skoda car and Winter assets in the MP mod are definitely not vanilla assets for ETS 2 or ATS and they seem to run just fine. That kind of renders any of the "everyone would need it" argument moot, since, I'm suggesting they are packaged WITH the installer, just like aforementioned Car and Winter Mod. 

I highly doubt that a few trucks that the community all agree upon (or at least the most highly voted for) would really add that much more than all the wintermod textures. We're talking about megabytes here. Surely there'd be some limitations. I'm not asking to include every truck mod ever produced ever. That'd be impossible due to the fact that some are paid mods and for common sense reasons. 

No, I'm suggesting the devs and admins should look at the most popular freely available truck mods, see which ones are lightest on performance, and compile a list. The community gets maybe one, or at most 2 different models but they have to vote for it. Most popular is included with the Truckers MP mod Again...cough Just like the Skoda and Winter Mod. 

However, this is just an idea I had for increasing the amount of players and overall community interest in dying ATS....there's a reason or two I haven't tried to pursue this further in official suggestions, I can't remember if I already did, and no matter what, I figured it would get the same standard sweep under the rug of "Mods and everyone needs them, ignore the fact we package mods already" argument, and the fact that this community really doesn't care about ATS in the slightest.