Nothing happens when i launch TruckersMp

PacanasLT

Question

I recently installed TruckersMp mod and when i try to open it nothing happens. I tried to run steam, truckersmp, Ats as administrator. I tried to verify integrity of game cache and i tried to reinstall The mod serveral times. I have chose American truck simulator install folder to SteamApps, Common, American truck simulator. PLS HELP

12 answers to this question

Hi PacanasLT,

Welcome to TruckersMP.

Please ensure MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner are not running whilst attempting to launch the TruckersMP launcher. This is because both of these applications are known to cause conflicts / issues with the launcher.

Once you have followed the instructions above, download and run the '.NET repair tool' found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135 

Remember: Always launch with administrator rights, even after the repair tool has finished. 

8 minutes ago, EnLight said:

Hi PacanasLT,

Welcome to TruckersMP.

Please ensure MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner are not running whilst attempting to launch the TruckersMP launcher. This is because both of these applications are known to cause conflicts / issues with the launcher.

Once you have followed the instructions above, download and run the '.NET repair tool' found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135 

Remember: Always launch with administrator rights, even after the repair tool has finished. 

First of all, Thanks for the help, but it didnt work. I dont have these programs and even when the repair tool has finished TruckersMp doesnt launch

Hello @PacanasLT

Please can you downgrade your version of American Truck Simulator.  Please select the Temporary_1_6 option.

Go to Steam library and right click on American Truck Simulator.  Then please properties and the betas tab.  Scroll down and find Temporary_1_6. 

Please then press ok and let steam install this.

Please run the launcher as admin and see if this works.

Have a look at this thread as well.  Just substitute ETS2 for ATS

8 minutes ago, PacanasLT said:

First of all, Thanks for the help, but it didnt work. I dont have these programs and even when the repair tool has finished TruckersMp doesnt launch

I recently installed TruckersMp mod and when i try to open it nothing happens. 

Ok, could you try running the launcher in a compatibility mode and let me know how it works out.

> Right click the launcher

> Properties

> Compatibility

> Run this program in compatibility mode for: Select Windows 8 or Windows 7 

May I also ask what sort of operating system do you have? + Is it a 64 bit OS?

2 minutes ago, EnLight said:

Ok, could you try running the launcher in a compatibility mode and let me know how it works out.

> Right click the launcher

> Properties

> Compatibility

> Run this program in compatibility mode for: Select Windows 8 or Windows 7 

May I also ask what sort of operating system do you have? + Is it a 64 bit OS?

I already did this with all versions i can. I have 64 bit Windows 8.1

5 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

Hello @PacanasLT

Please can you downgrade your version of American Truck Simulator.  Please select the Temporary_1_6 option.

Go to Steam library and right click on American Truck Simulator.  Then please properties and the betas tab.  Scroll down and find Temporary_1_6. 

Please then press ok and let steam install this.

Please run the launcher as admin and see if this works.

Have a look at this thread as well.  Just substitute ETS2 for ATS

It still doesnt work

I have yet another solution for you, although this exact solution was not designed to solve your type of problem, however please try it and see if it works - It may be worth it:

Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard

Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)

Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"

Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates" 

Credits go to this thread:

Please also ensure your antivirus software has allowed / given an exception to the launcher. Ensure your firewall has done the same. 

If you need help doing this, just let me know what type of anti virus software you have and I shall guide you through the process. 

14 minutes ago, EnLight said:

I have yet another solution for you, although this exact solution was not designed to solve your type of problem, however please try it and see if it works - It may be worth it:

Please also ensure your antivirus software has allowed / given an exception to the launcher. Ensure your firewall has done the same. 

If you need help doing this, just let me know what type of anti virus software you have and I shall guide you through the process. 

There is no Truckersmp folder in program data, but i will try to do what u said without deleting it

14 minutes ago, EnLight said:

Didnt help

2 hours ago, LadyAndromeda said:

Add the game to Windows Defender's white list. Sometimes it says it is harmful to the PC. I have had the same problem with it and fixed it with the same solution I give to you.

Well, I'm not at home right now but I will try. Thanks for the help. I don't know if this will help because I already have Windows defender turned off